info re crash fix and connection problems

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

First of all, get your facts straight before making any accusations about bad netcode etc, here\'s the real deal:

there is NOTHING wrong with the netcode, its actually quite excellent. BUT, in the demo there is a <<>>>, that causes all those "warning connection problem" and making people\'s ping go up to 1023. Also there is a problem in the client that can cause the server to go fubar.

This has all been adressed in the final version.

Also, the crash-bug, ie; you get a black screen and it crashes back to the desktop with an error log saying "invalid videomode specified"

Solution: If you have ANY sort of Nvidia REFRESHRATE-FIX,/Refresh Force etc remove it, or move back to 60hz for the resolution that you play with, there\'s a bug with those sort of programs that causes the crash. This has of course also been adressed.

taken from EA's boards

G

Thats not the solution???
The solution is simple :

goto C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Settings

change the line in VideoDefault.con:

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

to

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

peece

O

OSHEA

Or download the SP1 for XP. No more default 60hz after the SP is installed!

If anyone needs help installing the SP if they have XP Corp let me know. I have a legal version of XP Corp and I had to change the key to get the SP to work.

G

Originally posted by Unregistered
Thats not the solution???
The solution is simple :

goto C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Settings

change the line in VideoDefault.con:

to

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

peece

Thanks for your solution (Which is a solution instead of removing the Refreshrate fix!!!!).

I was started to get pissed over this behavour of the game.

U

Unregistered

QUOTE:
Or download the SP1 for XP. No more default 60hz after the SP is installed

SP1 does not change the refresh rate in 1942, it will still run at 60. D3d and OpenGL games will default to 60 also. Both can be easily fixed though.

U

Unregistered

help

there is no thing to set to 1 i tried and that part is missing

T

thrasher414

i don't have that command line either

i am missing the command lineabout refresh rate what do i do?

N

None

nothing but problems with 1.3 hope they fix them. I never had any problems with 1.2 none... now i'm spending more time trying to figure out how to fix 1.3 then i am playing.

U

Unregistered

won't continue loading

when game is selected the game starts loading but after a few seconds it resets back to folder display all over again. I also don't have the line to set from 0 to 1 in that folder suggested above.

U

Unregistered

To my knowledge, you have to install a different mod (desert combat), for bf1942 to get that line in the videodefault.con

that's what i did (installed, desetcombat.com,) and i god a "BF1942\mods\bf1942\settings\videodefault.con" in there i saw that line.. from 0 to 1.. (still didnt help me though, still crashing..)

My Specs:

Ati Radeon 9700 Pro
Amd 2200 +
512 MB DDR
MSI KT400 Ultra (Motherboard)
SB Audigy

:(

U

Unregistered

Anyone know where i can dl sp1? If so it would be much appreciated

U

Unregistered

I see video Defaultcon..but dont know where the line renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0 is

U

Unregistered

argh

I've tried every fix I could find (been looking for the past 2 days) and I still crash after 10 seconds to a couple minuites ingame. I've only seen enough of the game to see how badass it is, but not to enjoy it :(.

Specs-

AMD Athlon 1600
GA-7VKMLS motherboard (fruity KM266 chipset :p)
Radeon 9000 PCI
768 megs of ram

U

Unregistered

Yes... same here....

I wish someone could help me out....

i tried that refresh stuff... still i get the same thing. Kick out after no more than 10 min.

U

Unregistered

I get the same crashes after a few minutes too.
I might try removing a few SP2 'hotfixes' and see if any of them are the culprits.
Does anyone else with this problem have similar hardware/drivers?

Epox 8RDA+ (Nforce2)
Leadtek Ti4200 128meg (A280LE) Det4 43.00 driver
AMD xp2400 (clocked to 2700 speeds)
Onboard 6 channel 'Soundstorm' (latest driver)
Antec 430w 'TruePower'
Windows XP SP1 and various SP2 'hotfixes'

U

Unregistered

OK - wasn't SP2 Hotfixes.
So I tried to adjust my vdimm voltage down from 2.77 to 2.63 (timings pretty tight still and running stock speed - 166) and turned down my overclocked AMD xp2400 CPU from 13x166 to 12x166 (so reads as xp2400 but with 333 fsb) also dropped vcore from 1.650 back to 1.625, no more errors, games played for about an hour - no worries, has also fixed an crashing to reboot error I had with GTR2002, and the system is booting quicker.
Hope it helps someone.

U

Unregistered

rem * TEMP *
renderer.setFullScreen 1
renderer.fieldOfView 1
renderer.globalLodRadius 1
renderer.globalLodRadiusScaleFactor 5
console.showStats 0

It's there for me, and it was set to zero but I was given the choice this time to choose my refreshrate in the game. (fresh install)

XP pro
SP1
1.31 patch
DX9.0a (set to overide default to 85hz)

U

Unregistered

HELP plz

I am getting kicked of servers whit RESTRICTION: inaduquete O/S tingy does someone know how to get this fixed ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.