Map of the Week Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
To boost the activity in the Members’ Projects forum, I’ve decided to run a little contest thread –

Map of the Week!

What does this mean?

On every Friday, I will pick the most interesting, innovative or just, most fun map or idea
from the Members’ Projects forum and announce it as the „Map of the Week“.

The chosen map will get stickied until the next one is picked and the author
will receive reputation from me (or others who wish to congratulate)!

NB!
You can make suggestions which map should deserve to be named the map of the week!
I’ll take such recommendations very much into consideration.

(When replying which map, please add a link to the thread)

The first map will be chosen on the 21st of November.

Good luck!

Andrewgosu

Charapanga

Reaction score
Great idea, man! I'm making my own map soon, but i also find This map interesting and i would like to cast my vote for it!

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Nice initiative, but yeah... I don't really find any map in the members' projects very outstanding, so meh.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Twilight Path

This is a good idea for a thread :)
Although I don't think there are enough active threads here to be able to pick a map every week.
I think within 2 months, the crappy maps will get awarded, or there will be repeats.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
My vote goes down for The PlatformerI like to play it.It is one thing to make 2d look 3D but to make 3D into 2D is a whole different story.(plus i love games that take 10-15 minutes to play)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Although I don't think there are enough active threads here to be able to pick a map every week.
I think within 2 months, the crappy maps will get awarded, or there will be repeats.

Don't be so pessimistic. Though, we'll see.

Andrewgosu, will the nominated map be judged by its orginality as map, or features?

The map will be chosen how fun to play is, how original or innovative, custom features...etc. you name it.

Anything that stands out.

punwisp

Reaction score
I think my Blackice Project is interesting =P, the lore is original and accurate, and the theme of it is original. even the name! =P

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you be able to "nominate" yourself? We're basically doing nothing but giving Andrewgosu our own opinion since it, in the end, is he alone that'll announce the Map of the Week.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm.........how is the map of the week going to be nominated anyway? A poll? Or you decide?

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
There are too many maps to make a poll.

I'll choose the map depending on the feedback given here.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you be able to "nominate" yourself? We're basically doing nothing but giving Andrewgosu our own opinion since it, in the end, is he alone that'll announce the Map of the Week.

Everyone want their map to be sticked, so other players can see it. A sticky map/project also looks better :p. Then people will only nominate themself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.