Crime Mom calls 911 on son for playing too many video games

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s game over for a 14-year-old Roxbury boy, whose overwhelmed mother was so exasperated with his incessant video game playing that she called the cops on him.

The final straw for Angela Mejia snapped at 2:30 a.m. Saturday when, “I woke up in the middle of the night and saw the light on in his bedroom,” hours after she had told him to go to sleep.

“Sometimes I want to run away, too,” Mejia said, breaking down in tears in her immaculate apartment. “I have support from my church, but I’m alone. I want to help my son, but I can’t find a way.”

Mejia is among thousands of parents struggling with today’s video-game obsessed youth. The Entertainment Software Association reports the popularity of video games is skyrocketing, with 42 percent of adults intending to give, or hoping to find one in their Christmas stocking this week.

Last edited:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
There's a fusebox + key for a reason...

LearningCode

Reaction score
Woman needs to understand her kid.
Involving the police is never necessary for these kind of things.

She's weak.

LearningCode

Reaction score
If you took the game away, the kid might have freaked and killed someone, or ran away from home or something

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Smash the kid's face in, that's what I'd do if he didn't listen. Which is why I don't think I'll ever have kids. :)

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I'm having an oddly difficult time responding to this news article. :confused: I can't seem to find the words to best explain my opinion, but I'll try my best. Don't take any particular sentence by itself; I'll try my best to get my point across - although it will be "muddled" to say the least. I would like to prelude this by saying that there is a difference in the types of trust a parent should have. I'm not referring to trust with larger issues such as drinking & drugs etc., but rather the trust that their child is able to "stay the path" in terms of making decisions with their future in mind.

To me, I think the parent doesn't trust the child. The parent isn't in a position where the child is trustworthy, for if they had a situation where the parent truly trusted the child this would be such a non-issue. I suppose I've grown up in some sort of suburbia where there aren't any families with real issues. When I see a family like this (Or Brandon Crisp's family for that matter), their situation seems like complete lunacy - the reality is that it shouldn't be a big deal.

When I was younger (12 and above, let's say) I would always stay up relatively late browsing the internet, watching TV/movies or playing games. I'd always get talked to and it was an issue, however in the end I was always trusted enough where I could make those stupid little mistakes like staying up until 2:30 in the morning and still be on the right path. If I made the mistake of choosing to stay up too late playing games (which I did often), my parents knew that I understood the consequences behind the choice and I knew I would have to eventually deal with them. This makes my parents seem like extremely non-strict parents, but as self-appraising as it is I can say I behave myself.

What I continue to not understand is why the child can't act in a way where it would be appropriate for the parents to trust him. Doesn't he want his parents to trust him? Doesn't he trust that his parents (mother in this case) have his health and best interest in mind? It's such a miniscule, stupid issue that wouldn't be an issue if there was some level of trust.

I come from a family with five children, and no matter how many times one of us screws up like throwing a party at our boathouse, our parents will always trust us with such minor issues such as handling our interests before they become addictions, or making the right choices when it comes to sleeping.

In the end both the mother and child are at fault. The child shouldn't be so ignorant, and should realize that his mother doesn't trust him probably for a good reason. He should be able to have foresight, and with this foresight his mother should be able to trust that he'll ultimately make the right decision.

But then again, I live in an idealistic world - where the average kid isn't ignorant and parents actually understand their children, being able to raise them with the ability to make good decisions.
:rolleyes:

-Mat (The wall of text man)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's extreme
But, what would the cops do?
handcuff he's video games and put them in jail?

Sickle

Reaction score
It's hammer time.
smx1.jpg

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
“Sometimes I want to run away, too,” Mejia said, breaking down in tears in her immaculate apartment.
If she said that it sounds to me like she is the one that needs to be looked up, I mean who the hell even thinks about running away from their children:nuts:

If the boy is 14 years old there is no damn way he will go to bed because his parents tells him to, that is just a stage of life and not addiction.
I'd say that she should be locked up and the key should be thrown away:mad:

Sickle

Reaction score
So you want us to lock up the mother forever and continue to let the kid rot away in front of a TV in his room.

Wonderful decision.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.