Mount System

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
did you even bother to play around with object editor or something? if you have played warcraft, there is a unit at the night elf race which is called hippograph and archer they have a skill which you can edit for you to mount units, you dont need a system

manofsteel

Reaction score
did you even bother to play around with object editor or something? if you have played warcraft, there is a unit at the night elf race which is called hippograph and archer they have a skill which you can edit for you to mount units, you dont need a system

The mounted archer is another model.

WrathMonkey

Reaction score

Wow, no need to be rude, dude. This is a forum for help, not for brazen responses.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
use a special effect adding the bear or etc animal depends on the origin of the hero or unit which is called

Special effect : create a special effect on unit at origin with xx model

shadowcon

Reaction score
use a special effect adding the bear or etc animal depends on the origin of the hero or unit which is called

Special effect : create a special effect on unit at origin with xx model

Origin is at the unit's feet, all auras have that target attachment point

The best attachment point I can find:
left: Mount
mid: overhead
right: chest

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 264
  • overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 281
  • bearchest.jpg
    bearchest.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 333

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
the only thing i could think of would be to change the skill - bear form for the NE unit and change the model it changes into to a knight.

For example. you give the Footman and ability to 'mount horse' and then instead of turning into a bear make it a knight model.

I think that should work. If not let me know.

shadowcon

Reaction score
It works, I know it
Tested it earlier today...

Attachments

• Testmap of Mount System.w3x
    12.3 KB · Views: 307

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Okay, It works.

We just need to try another Way to add Units.

//Problems

- If you want to dismount the Unit dies over your head.
- Flying units will sunk into the ground.
- Sometimes the Modells overlapp each other.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
when hippogriph and archer use the mount ability it actually removes them and creates a hipogriph rider.... its a completely new unit
so the only way is with attachments

Kershbob

Reaction score
Yus, we allready got that sir.

What you're doing will always look shoddy without custom models. There only two sets of models ingame to make it look good would be Hippo/Archer=MountedHippo and UnmountedHorse/Human Unit=Knight.

Don't use attachments, as they always look bad. What type of hero are you making.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
What you're doing will always look shoddy without custom models. There only two sets of models ingame to make it look good would be Hippo/Archer=MountedHippo and UnmountedHorse/Human Unit=Knight.

Don't use attachments, as they always look bad. What type of hero are you making.

I gave up on that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.