MP3 Player Problems

B

Beverly

I purchased a generic MP3 Player before x-mas but have only recently started using it. It's a small pen disk with 256 MB and a voice recorder as well as an MP3 player. Last night in a fit of stupidity I re-formatted the disk. Now when I turn it on it says "No music files" So when I first got the player I remembered that I had to put the mp3 files in a specific folder for the player to see them. I though it was call "default" but when I made a new folder and put my music in that folder it still said "no music". I went into the system part with the dial thingy on the side and went into directory, then music directory, it says "No Directory". How do I get it to see my folder?

Also my voice recording are only playing the first 10 seconds and then stopping. There is "PRE" at the top of the display. There is nothing about this in the manual. And that's part of the reason I just started using it. I didn't understand the manual and didn't want to mess it up. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Beverly

Attachments

• DCP_8750.JPG
    DCP_8750.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 720
S

Senkin

Can you tell me the model please, I can further help you if I knew more about it like the model name and ver of it so I can go online and do resurch on it.]]

"PRE" is preview meaning frist 10 seconds, the menu in it should be able to shut it off from pre.

B

Beverly

MP3 Player info

There is nothing on the box at all. I did find M890-B and in the unit itself is has this:
OS2 2_89
F/W_1.3.0.
2004/02/06

Hope that helps!
Thanks!
Beverly

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Your player is made by Mars Technology Development Ltd.

I would email them and tell them you reformatted it, and need to know what directory to put your files in. Because unfortunately, there is no documentation or downloads on the web site.

For my camera and my MP3 player, if you format it with the device, it makes the directories. If you format it with the PC, of course it does not. Perhaps theres an option to format on the player then.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JUANIIII

Need Driver

i have a mp3 and when i connected to pc notihgs hapens.
my version is
OS2.4_11
F/W_1.3.0
2003/12/23

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
that means Windows either does not recognise the device or your computer's USB port in malfunctioning in some way.

assuming you can plug other devices into that same port and they work, then you need to contact the manufacturer of your MP3 player for some drivers.

L

ladyoflorien

MP3 Player not Turning on

I was using my mp3 player just yesterday, and this morning, it wont even turn on. I just changed the batteries and such. When I plug it into my computer, allthe songs are still there, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I got it for Christmas last year, so it's not old, nor do I actually use it very much.

It's from USB, and came in a box...I'm not really sure that there's a...number of any sort. The user's manual just says USB Flash Disk and MP3 Player. it has voicerecorder, a mysterious hold button (yes...I suck at anything tech related) and a little disc that I've never used (so the problem doesn't have anything to do with that). heh...help?

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sounds dead :(

It may seem odd, but there is a reason you can still see your songs.

When you plug it into the USB port, the little flash memory inside the player uses the USB ports power to run (it comes from your computer.) So it makes much sense that even though the unit may be dead, you can still access its memory from your computer.

If you got it last Christmas, the product Might have come with a one year manufacturers warranty. If it does, that gives you a month to send it back to them.

Do you have the reciept, and the make/model number of the player?

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lotta mp3's go "dead" after unplugging it from the computer .
very common issue .

Not an issue with a known brand tho . they normally have instructions on how to reset the mp3 player ..

Or they have the firmware (err a little operating system your mp3 player uses) on their website so u can reload it .

M

Marcelo

Generic MP3 Player

I have a generic mp3 like yours ; it has 256mb and all those functions you know. I wonder if I can get any software or upgrades of the software for creating new kinds of Equalizations since the ones it has are kinda boring.
it is 'Kmax' and of course no much information on it in the box ; but they are all the same. Thanx folks !!. My email is [email protected]
and I'm not registered here yet. please answer to my email.

Y

Yuriy

mp3 player

I have a 1gb generic mp3/usb player. I opened it up and hot wired the thing to plug it headphoned because it came off a bit. I tested it and it all worked after doing it. When i screw in the bolts, and then try it the screen wouldnt show anything. Then i played around moved it and i saw words on screen again but then lost it. What is the problem? Plz soomeone help!! Email me [email protected]
plz. thanks

C

cutiemai

my mp3 player....

hi....im new here....i just bought an mp3 player that looks so much like the ipod shuffle but the brand says Sonic & sounds. there's something really weird about it. when i played the songs that i transferred from my pc, it sounds faster. i compared it and it was indeed a bit faster. i have no idea why!!! please help me...im so clueless about this. i dunno if its normal or there's something seriously wrong with it. HELP! :(

P.S. the manual has a website written on it and i tried to go the site but its so useless.... the website was www.memoryboxinc.com

S

Serena

Help

I have just purchased a mp3 player with 6gigs, however when I download songs it says that I only have 233m. What is going on and what do I need to do to have the correct memory>

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
I have just purchased a mp3 player with 6gigs, however when I download songs it says that I only have 233m. What is going on and what do I need to do to have the correct memory>
Which player?

Did you check the there's no other stuff on that player, like a few extra albums (some players come preloaded with sample or free content) or pr0n movies? :D

Creative players can be "partitioned" into a "music" store and a "data" store. The more you give to the one, the less you have available to the other.

EDIT: remove that email address, it's not necessary and posting it will only get you into trouble.

Hotspot

Reaction score
I have an old mp3 player manufacturer:Canyon, model: CN-MP4A

it worked just fine until i formated it from My computer,it erased some

original files from it and now my notebook cant recognize it.

To be worse when i start my mp3 player it stops at welcome msg and

wount go further so i cant restart it from his own menu.

plz help me!!

Exfiltrate

Reaction score
Honestly guys....

You guys should just go buy new MP3 players. Those MP3 players are only worth about $10 and you could get another one that is much better.

Here is a cheap one if that's what you are looking for.
Coby MP3 Player

If you want one that is cheaper just check on ebay.

Hotspot

Reaction score
if i wanted to buy new one i wouldnt bother fixing this one! but its not a bad suggestion!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
if i wanted to buy new one i wouldnt bother fixing this one! but its not a bad suggestion!

I understand, though it is hard to provide support for old MP3 players with unreliable manufacturers. Did the device come with a CD or anything?

Does it have one of those "Reset" pin-buttons?

Hotspot

Reaction score
i understand its a bit problem to work whit old mp3. it doesnt have pin resert

bottons,it has sys menu whitch i cant acces because i wount go beyond

welcome msg,i have cd but its usless when pc doesnt recognize mp3 when

inserted. Restore program is for win98,me,2000 and i have win 7.

thx for any help!!:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.