Need help with some triggers...

L

Look_Up

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
That's what I feel like. First off, I would just like to say, I understand that people want to protect their maps. However, For those of us that can actually understand Staredit, it creates a dilemma. I say this only because if I see something that I find interesting, I may want to find out how it works. No, I'm not one of those people who sits there and gets frustrated at loosing Super Smash Bros, so I go in and change my unit's stats to make him invincible. I'm just saying, it's kinda hard for me to learn without being able to access the maps.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ok, rant over...

What I really need to know is, Is there a way to put a cap on someone's minerals and gas? I am making an RPG (We all know the world needs more RPG's) and I am using gas as the "Mana" or "MP"...I am making to where players can add points into it to increase the max. However, I am also making "ethers" that can "regain the mana(gas)", but I dont want it going over the current max...
Any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated!

C

Charlje

Say your max "mana" at the time was 100
You conditions could be:

Player 1 accumulates at least 100 vespene gas

Actions:

Set player 1's vespene gas to 100
Preserve trigger

With this, whenever player 1 gets over 100 gas, the gas count is reset back to 100.
Even if he gets an ether item which adds 20 mana, and has 120 gas, it will set his mana back to 100 regardless.

To change the level of mana as the game goes on, say when you level up, simply use switches. Set a switch as level 1. For level one the max mana is 100 mana.

You would simply slip the "when switch 'Level 1' is set" into the conditions of the above trigger.

Then say level 2, the max mana was 125. When the character levels up, make sure to clear switch 'Level 1' and set 'Level 2'.

Then your trigger would look like this

Conditions:

Player 1 accumulates at least 125 vespene gas
'Level 2' is set

Actions:

Set player 1's vespene gas to 125
Preserve trigger

Hope you can make sense of all of that and it helps you out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.