[Need]Hero - Ideas

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Hey! I created this thread, because I need help with heroes and their abilities. :)

It's for this map: Legacy of Heroes!

I want most of the abilities for one hero to be combo abilities.. like they works with each other.

If you come up with some idea of hero, please write to your post also model you suggest to go with this hero, just from warcraft, so no imports.

Thank you all in advance! Also +rep for any idea! :thup:

Hellscream

Reaction score
-Muk'nuk
-Ogre Warlord
-Strenght Hero

-Smash 'em : Muk'nuk strikes violently with his club , bashing the target unit and dealing damage.

-Ogre's Strenght : Increases permanently the hero's strenght

-Break Armor : Muk'nul strike have 25% to reduce enemy armor for X

-Stomp : Stun nearby unit, knockback them for X + Level of Ogre's strenght*X also deal X damage if unit's armor is breaked.

Furby

Reaction score
Thank you Hellscream:)

I like your hero, I'll use it in my map:)

Hellscream

Reaction score
I have some other ideas if you want :

-Quel'thias
-Spellbreaker
-Intelligence Hero

-Manathirst : Every time an enemy cast spell,Quel'thias get X mana

-Silence : Cause the target to be unable to cast spells

-Mana glaive : Quel'this throws his enchanted glaive, stealing X mana from the target and deal X damage depending on the mana stolen.

-Enchantements : Quel'this improve his magic.Manathirst now deals also damages to the caster unit, Silence make the target periodically lose mana and Managlaive has an AOE of 350.

Archideas

Reaction score
Scarfin
Mur'gul Hunter
Ranged/Agility

th_Murgul.png

Easily recognized by it's scarred fin, Scarfin is a vicious and deadly hunter.
Many adventurers has fallen prey to its cunning and well hidden traps.
Though it prefers to take down its prey from a distance, it is not to be underestimated in close combat.

Spear Trap
th_SpearTrap-1.png

Scarfin lays down a deadly trap known as the spear trap. Any unit that walks on it will be thrown into the air and stunned for a duration of time. Damage, duration and mana cost increases with level.

Level 1 - 105 damage, 2.25 seconds stun.
Level 2 - 135 damage, 2.5 seconds stun.
Level 3 - 165 damage, 2.75 seconds stun.
Level 4 - 195 damage, 3 seconds stun.
Level 5 - 225 damage, 3.25 seconds stun.

Thorny Net
th_SpikedNet.png

Throwing a net, Scarfin can easily catch its prey. Decorated with thorny vines, this net will also damage the units trying to escape it. Damage, duration and mana cost increases with level.

Level 1 - Deals Y x Agility damage, lasts 2.75 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals Y x Agility damage, lasts 3 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals Y x Agility damage, lasts 3.25 seconds.
Level 4 - Deals Y x Agility damage, lasts 3.5 seconds.
Level 5 - Deals Y x Agility damage, lasts 3.75 seconds.

Bloodlust
th_Cannibalize.png

Being the vicious mur'gul he is, Scarfin also has a sadistic nature. Each time an unit near his presence dies, Scarfin gains an increased attack speed for a set of duration. Attack speed increases per level. Lasts 10 seconds, can stack up to a maximum of 5 times.

Level 1 - Gains 0.17 attack speed.
Level 2 - Gains 0.19 attack speed.
Level 3 - Gains 0.21 attack speed.
Level 4 - Gains 0.23 attack speed.
Level 5 - Gains 0.25 attack speed.

Precision
th_Precisionpng.png

Throughout the years, Scarfin has become a true expert with ranged weapons. Increases Scarfin's attack range and agility with each level.

Level 1 - Increases attack range by 25 and agility by 7.
Level 2 - Increases attack range by 50 and agility by 14.
Level 3 - Increases attack range by 75 and agility by 21.

*EDIT*

Might have made the spells a little unclear to what type they are. Gonna explain shortly. :p

Spear Trap - Target ground
Thorny Net - AoE, deals damage over time
Bloodlust - Passive (Lasts 10 seconds, refreshes duration each time the buff is applied, max 5 stacks.)
Precision - Passive (Easily done with a Rifleman's upgrade and Attribute Bonus)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
ls.jpg
Name: Shorebasher
Proper Name: Shul
Model File: Makura Shorecrawler
Attack Range: 100 (Melee)
Attributes:
Strength = High
Agility = Medium
Intelligence = Low
Skills:

252902285O748466425-1.jpg

Scissor Pound (Active, no target, channeling)
The Shorebasher will violently ram his scissors into the earth, sending powerful shockwaves to enemies around him that deal 1x his regular attack damage as well as they stun affected enemies for 0.2 second. Between each attack is a 0.8 second interval.

Level 1 - Does up to 2 attacks.
Level 2 - Does up to 3 attacks.
Level 3 - Does up to 4 attacks.
Level 4 - Does up to 5 attacks.

Manacost: 110/130/150/170 mana
Cooldown: 30/27/24/21 seconds
Casting Time: Instant/instant/instant/instant
Casting Range: 200/250/300/350 radius

icons_561_btn.jpg

Aquatic Armor (Passive)
Once every now and then, the Shorebasher forms an enchanted layer of water around his body to take the blow of a single incoming attack or spell, as well as dealing minor damage in a 250 radius upon falling apart. Regular attacks are completely nullified, while spells have their damage reduced.

Level 1 - Takes 9 seconds to form a new Aquatic Armor that deals 25 damage upon breaking. Reduces spell damage by 10%.
Level 2 - Takes 7 seconds to form a new Aquatic Armor that deals 50 damage upon breaking. Reduces spell damage by 13%.
Level 3 - Takes 5 seconds to form a new Aquatic Armor that deals 75 damage upon breaking. Reduces spell damage by 16%.
Level 4 - Takes 3 seconds to form a new Aquatic Armor that deals 100 damage upon breaking. Reduces spell damage by 20%.

Manacost: N/A
Cooldown: 9/7/5/3 seconds
Casting Range: 250/250/250/250 radius

BTNSpell_Frost_FrostBlast.jpg

Tidal Rush (Active, target point)
The Shorebasher calls upon mighty tidal waves and rides them into combat. He rushes to the target point as he damages all who cross his path. In addition, enemies caught in his wake are dragged along with him to his destination.

Level 1 - Deals 110 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 160 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 210 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 260 damage.

Manacost: 110/130/150/170 mana
Cooldown: 26/23/20/17 seconds
Casting Range: 450/500/550/600 range

BTNWaterOrb.jpg

Bubble Dome (Active, target AOE)
The Shorebeater conjures a magical bubble over the target 500 AOE, trapping enemies and allies alike as well as preventing the enemies from using spells. For the time being, no units can leave or enter the bubble unless spells are used to do so.

Level 1 - The bubble lasts for 4 seconds. Enemies are silenced while inside it.
Level 2 - The bubble lasts for 5 seconds. Enemies are silenced while inside it.
Level 3 - The bubble lasts for 6 seconds. Enemies are silenced while inside it.

Manacost: 200/230/260 mana
Cooldown: 80/60/40 seconds
Casting Time: Instant/Instant/Instant
Casting Range: 700/700/700 AOE

Note: Heroes cannot attack units inside the dome from the outside, nor vice versa. This includes ranged ones. Enemies from outside the dome can blink into it, but will be silenced once they entered.

Clarification
Since you clearly stated you wanted synergy, I did my best to give you some. Let me explain the hero to you:

-First of all, Tidal Rush is used to benefit Bubble Dome and Scissor Pound. The skill can be used to drag numerous enemies towards one point, after which either Bubble Dome can be used to ensure the succesful trapping of all enemies or Scissor Pound can be used to ensure you hit all enemies with your skill. Other than that, it is wonderful from dragging enemies away from their team or your dying teammates.

-Scissor Pounds range at level 4 covers the whole Bubble Dome, which is not coincidence. After using Tidal Rush, the player is supposed to place himself in the center of a Bubble Dome, followed by Scissor Pound. This forces enemies to take the whole blow. Scissor pound has ministun to make counterattacks or fleeing harder, as well as prevent enemies from casting spells to interupt your channeling. Aquatic Armor also does this. Scissor Pound is the very skill why the Shorebasher should stock up on high damage items and a lot of strength.

-Aquatic Armor is what makes you a proper strength hero. It works great against chasers and prevents ranged heroes you might be laned up against from targeting you now and then to keep you on a distance. Its damage might slightly help you farm or cause low-hp agility heroes to hesitate to attack you. Its main purpose however is protecting you while you're using Scissor Pound or Bubble Dome, 2 moments at which you are vulnerable. Although you can use Tidal Rush to get yourself out of the Dome if necessary, you're still trapped with enemies and thus endangered. Aquatic Armor simply increases your likelyhood of surviving your own dome and preforming a succesful Scissor Pound. Other than that, its damage can affect the whole Dome and thus aids your main combo.

-Bubble Dome, your ultimate, is a tactical ulti. Obviously, its lack of damage will not attract newbies. It can be used for numerous things however. Trapping enemies so you can flee, trapping stronger allies and enemies to allow a clean kill, or preforming combos yourself. It can also be cast over buildings as temporary shielding or used to block narrow lanes from attackers to buy you some time. As explained before, Tidal Rush is used to make your combo more likely to succeed and Scissor Pound can be lethal when used in the center of the Dome.

As you see, Shorebasher is a real damage-dealer. He works particulary well against larger groups of enemies and, though he can solo, tends to work best in a proper team. Though people will tend to stock up on damage and strenght, Shorebasher will prove to have a lack of mana during the game. People will also want to buy mana regeneration with him.

Archideas

Reaction score
Whoa, that's a really neat combination of spells. Nice work. ;O

*EDIT*

By the looks of the high mana cost on his spells and his low mana pool, he'll probably need some intelligence/mana pool raising items as well.

Furby

Reaction score
WoW! I did not expect so cool ideas! Very nice! I like both heroes.. they are quite original and also they use model of heroes that I did not see in many maps.

+rep BOTH! :thup:

And keep your ideas coming! :)

Archideas

Reaction score
Glad you liked him. Awesomesauce Mur'gul Hunters for the win. I'll try and come up with another one later. :thup:

*EDIT*

Oh, btw. How many levels should each ability have?

Goretusk
Ancient Mammoth
Melee/Strength

th_BlackMammoth.png

Having lived through many decades, this ancient mammoth is said to be one of the toughest creatures alive.
With a body that has withstood many hard circumstances, it can turn lethal blows to mere annoyances.
When in the heat of a battlefield, it can easily rush through enemy lines and make its escape or grand entrance.

th_RampagedRush.png

Rampaging Rush

When in the heat of battle, Goretusk goes into a frenzy. If he has substained enough damage, he'll be able to madly rush through enemy lines, completely destroying their defences. Damage dealt and damage required to active increases with level.

Level 1 - Requires 100 damage recieved to activate, deals 155 damage.
Level 2 - Requires 150 damage recieved to activate, deals 200 damage.
Level 3 - Requires 200 damage recieved to activate, deals 255 damage.
Level 4 - Requires 250 damage recieved to activate, deals 310 damage.
Level 5 - Requires 300 damage recieved to activate, deals 365 damage.

th_HardenedHide.png

Hardened Hide

Having withstood many heavy blows and tough weathers throughout it's lifetime, Goretusk has acquired an incredibly tough hide. Grants a permanent strength bonus as well as reducing psychical damage dealt to it. Damage reduced still activates Rampaging Rush.

Level 1 - Grants 3 strength and reduces psychical damage recieved by X.
Level 2 - Grants 5 strength and reduces psychical damage recieved by X.
Level 3 - Grants 7 strength and reduces psychical damage recieved by X.
Level 4 - Grants 9 strength and reduces psychical damage recieved by X.
Level 5 - Grants 11 strength and reduces psychical damage recieved by X.

th_AirBullet.png

Air Bullet

Goretusk stomps the ground, taking a good stand and then heaving an enemy unit up in the air. Upon landing, the enemy unit deals damage as well as stuns nearby enemy units.

Level 1 - Deals 25 damage and stuns nearby enemy units for 0.25 seconds upon activation. Deals 165 damage upon landing and stuns for 1.75 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 45 damage and stuns nearby enemy units for 0.25 seconds upon activation. Deals 195 damage upon landing and stuns for 2 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 55 damage and stuns nearby enemy units for 0.25 seconds upon activation. Deals 225 damage upon landing and stuns for 2.25 seconds.

Clarification

Rampaging Rush - Basically when he's recieved 100/150/200/250/300 damage, Rampaging Rush becomes an active Point Target spell that makes him rush to the said point, dealing damage and possibly knocking back enemy units along the way.

Hardened Hide - While it reduces damage recieved, it still counts the reduced damage as full for activating Rampaging Rush.

Air Bullet - Basically deals damage and stuns enemy units around Goretusk for a short duration upon activating it, and when the enemy unit lands, it'll create a shockwave around it, stunning and dealing damage to nearby enemy units and itself. Works kinda like Tiny's Throw in DotA. You can select where the thrown unit will fly.

Bah, can't think of a fourth spell for Goretusk. But I think it could something like directly after Rampaging Rush, another spell would become available that could stun nearby enemy units. I really have no idea, I'll let you decide on that one if you want to use this guy in your map.

Furby

Reaction score
Oh, btw. How many levels should each ability have?

Not sure, yet. I'll edit values for my need, later. That isn't a big problem.

Thanks for another original hero idea! I like very much ideas with hero models that are rarely used even as units. :)

Thank you! I'll rep you again as soon as possible:)

Nexor

Reaction score
These are very good ideas, how do you do that?
I don't have that much fantasy in my mind :O

Archideas

Reaction score
Hehe, no problems. :thup:

It's actually a lot more fun to create heroes with models that haven't been used so much. Makes people wonder what kind of hero it'll be.

Heroes like Blademater and Dreadlord are so overly used and hardly differs from one another in different maps. :rolleyes:

@ Nexor; I already had Scarfin in mind as I needed to create a boss-ish creep for my own little project. But with Goretusk I just quickly looked through the mobs in World Editor and noticed the Dire Mammoth. Can't say I've seen it used in many maps.

After that I started to rummage through icons, thinking of spells for each icon and settled for those I found befitting. It's a pretty narrowed way to create spells for a hero which led me to only be able to create 3 spells for him, but somehow worked.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Bandit.JPG
Name: Bandit Assassin
Proper Name: Harrold
Model File: Assassin (ranged bandit)
Attack Range: 600 (Ranged)
Attributes:
Agility = High
Intelligence = Medium
Strenght = Low
Skills:

pretresse_power_hide.gif

Stealthy Attack
Harrold hides in the shadows,making him unseen.Throught, if he moves, he become visibles or if he attacks while invisible,he will deal bonus damage

Level 1 - 30 bonus damage
Level 2 - 50 bonus damage
Level 3 - 80 bonus damage
Level 4 - 100 bonus damage

Manacost : 50/55/60/65
Cooldown : 20/10/5/0
Casting Time : Instant

Garrot.jpg

Hemmoragy
Whenever Harrold attack the target while hiden (Stealthy Attack) he causes the target to bleed.Bleeding target take damage over 10 Second and move slowly.

Level 1 - 50 Damage, 15% Slow
Level 2 - 100 Damage, 20% Slow
Level 3 - 150 Damage, 30% Slow
Level 4 - 200 Damage, 45% Slow

Manacost : N/A
Cooldown : N/A
Casting Time : Passive

envenomedspears.gif

Poisonous concotion
Harrold can create deadly poisons that deal damage over time and make the target unable to talk

Level 1 - Last 5 Second, 10 damage/sec
Level 2 - Last 8 Second, 15 damage/sec
Level 3 - Last 7 Second, 20 damage/sec
Level 4 - Last 10 Second, 20 damage/sec

Manacost : 50/65/70/80
Cooldown : 10

Chasseur_Marque.jpg

Elite Sniper
After years of ranged fighting, Harrold's strike is now more precise, allowing both dealing more damage and striking from afar

Level 1 - 10% Chance to deal 1.25 Damage, +40 Range
Level 2 - 20% Chance to deal 1.5 Damage, +70 Range
Level 3 - 30% Chance to deal 1.75 Damage, +100 Range

Clarification :
Harrold is a ranged hero.Stealthy Attack is his main attack skill but since he cannot moves while hiden and he must strikes when hiden to deal damage, Elite Sniper increases his range and make easier to do a Stealth Attack.Also Hemmoragy can be useful when enemies heroes are fleeing.So, Stealthy Attack combined with hemmoragy and Elite Sniper can cause GREAT DPS in ONE hit.Also, Poisonous concoction make him prefers spellcasters heroes to strenght heroes.

Archideas

Reaction score
Pff, that guy is such a ripoff from my awesomesauce Mur'gul Hunter. xP Not to be mean or anything but stealthed assassins are one of the most overused characters to ever exist. ;P

Furby

Reaction score
Nice hero.. really overused as Archideas said. Though I don't like Backstab and I am not going to use or make any spell that has been in dota. :) I want my map as much original as possible.

Anyway thank you! And +rep!

Keep your ideas coming guyz!

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Nice hero.. really overused as Archideas said. Though I don't like Backstab and I am not going to use or make any spell that has been in dota. :) I want my map as much original as possible.

Anyway thank you! And +rep!

Keep your ideas coming guyz!

I did never played Dota but tell me what is the non-original spell and I will change it.

Here throught, more ideas :
gnollwarden.gif
Name: Storm Seer
Proper Name: Girik
Model File: Gnoll Overseer
Attack Range: 700 (Ranged)
Attributes:
Intelligence = High
Strenght = Medium
Agility = Low
Skills:

Spell_Nature_LightningShield.jpg

Storm Shield
Whenever Girik is attacked, he get 35% chance to deal damage and stun the attacking unit

Level 1 - 40 Damage, 1 Sec Stun
Level 2 - 60 Damage, 2 Sec Stun
Level 3 - 80 Damage, 3 Sec Stun
Level 4 - 100 Damage, 4 Sec Stun

Razor-Chain.gif

Lightning Chain
Girik conjure a Chain of Lightning from the sky, dealing damage to the a target and then bounce to 5 other target, reducing damage each time by 10%

Level 1 - 80
Level 2 - 160 Damage
Level 3 - 200 Damage
Level 4 - 250 Damage

Manacost : 70/90/110/130
Cooldown : 10/10/10/8

Spell_Totem_WardOfDraining.jpg

Purging Totem
Girik create a enhanced totem which purge a random unit, reducind speed, every second.

Level 1 - Last 5 Seconds, 20% Speed reduction
Level 2 - Last 6 Seconds, 30% Speed reduction
Level 3 - Last 7 Seconds, 40% Speed reduction
Level 4 - Last 8 Seconds, 50% Speed reduction

Manacost : 70/90/110/130
Cooldown : 10/10/10/8

RTEmagicC_purge.gif.gif

Wrath of the Storms
Girik channel powerful magic granted by the Storm's God himself.Each 2second, a lightning bolt is spawned at a random area, dealing damage in 300AOE

Level 1 - 50
Level 2 - 75 Damage
Level 3 - 100 Damage

Manacost : 80/100/130/160
Cooldown : 60/50/40
Casting Time : 10 Second Channeling
Clarification :
Girik is a caster hero who can destroy cluster of enemies in a fast way.His Storm Shield protect him from being attacked while being invulnerable (low HP,channeling etc...).His Purging Totem can prevent enemies heroes from fleeing and his other spells are deadly againt lot of creeps and heroes.

Archideas

Reaction score
Except for Storm Shield which is like Tiny's Craggy Exterior ability, it's pretty nice. I never thought of making a Gnoll hero, that's actually pretty creative!

Furby

Reaction score
This is hero is very nice and original! I am going to implement him in my map for 100%! Also with model which is not very often used for heroes, great!

Thank you! And keep your ideas coming! :)

PS. Please try to think of some new spell for that assassin.. because I am really not going to use Backstab because of not being original. Thanks in advance.

Nexor

Reaction score
Furby I was trying to make that Aquatic Armor...

AND GOT IT WORKING !! :)

If you need the triggers just let me know :)

Furby

Reaction score
Furby I was trying to make that Aquatic Armor...

AND GOT IT WORKING !! :)

If you need the triggers just let me know :)

I think I want to make it myself, because I want to practise more. :)

Anyway thank you. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.