US News No plastic bags in LA stores beginning July 2010

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES—Los Angeles shoppers soon won't hear the question, "Paper or plastic?" at the checkout line.

The City Council voted Tuesday to ban plastic shopping bags from stores, beginning July 1, 2010. Shoppers can either bring their own bags or pay 25 cents for a paper or biodegradable bag.

The council's unanimous vote also puts pressure on the state, which is considering an Assembly bill that would impose bag recycling requirements on stores. City officials said their ban would not be implemented if the state passes the bill and requires at least a 25-cent charge per bag.

"We've gotten to a point where we need to act as a city, where we can have real results," said Councilman Ed Reyes, who proposed the bag ban. "We're trying to do it in a way where we can educate and inform the public of what we're doing."

Last edited:

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
There talking about charging us 5-10c here in Australia that or putting bio-degradable bags in place

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Nuuu!!! Wth!
Lol...
Well that might suck...

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Takes time I guess. I haven't heard anything in the local news about this either, and I watch it quite often.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.