Occlusion height and transparent trees

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
After enabling Occlusion with EnableOcclusion[BJ] it doesn't kick in when units get near trees (trees should become transparent says the hint). Destructables have some field occlusion height and units have something called occluder height(0 by default) or something. So how does those things actually work together? (I want to see some transparent trees =)!!)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Occlusion/Occluder height is just the height of the unit. If a unit has a higher occluder height than a tree, the unit can see past the tree without any sight blocking. It doesn't make the tree invisible, if that's what you're looking for.

Sgqvur

Reaction score
>If a unit has a higher occluder height than a tree, the unit can see past the tree without any sight blocking.

Ok. Makes sense.

But under Camera or Cinematic trigger category there is a trigger action called Enable Occlusion. There is tip that says that this makes trees transparent when they block sight of units. I've seen it in action but I can't replicate it.

Edit:
hmm It actually doesn't make sense. I made a unit(footman) with 1000 occluder height and a tree with 1 occlusion height but the trees were able to block sight. Only if the trees had 0 occlusion height they didn't block sight.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Then I'm sorta lost. But are you sure that the Enable/Disable Occlusion function is responsible for turning the trees transparent? Or were they just removed/hidden?

Sgqvur

Reaction score
>But are you sure that the Enable/Disable Occlusion function is responsible for turning the trees transparent?

No but the tip under this trigger action says so(unless it's missleading). It doesn't make them fully transparent/invisible but something like 50% or something it's like when you try to place a tree/destructable in the editor it is sorta transparent but not fully then when you place it it is 100% visible(not transparent).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.