"One multi-shot" Ability

Halisika

Reaction score
Tried searching the forum for this but didn't find anything:
I'm trying to make an ability that, when pressed, fires envenomed arrows in a spread to hit 3 targets. It's not a passive, it's a just a one-time multi-shot. Normally, the unit fires one arrow. It's a hero ability :3
Should I use Barrage to make this, or something else?
Also, I assume to give it a poison DoT I just give the ability the poison DoT buff?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Let me check if I understand correctly:

You press the ability button. And then does it shoot immediately, or does it shoot the arrows to nearest targets? Or does it wait until you do your next attack, which shoots 3 envenomed arrows?

Barrage allows your attack to hit multiple targets, but it doesn't work with Poison DoT ability.

You'll need to trigger some parts of this.

Halisika

Reaction score
Let's say you press the ability button. the cursor changes into a target. you click a unit. 1 arrow flies to that unit and 2 more to the nearest units. They create a DoT debuff on the 3 targets hit.
Note: I am willing to forsake the poison thing. If I can make Barrage a one-click multi-shot I am happy.

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Your ability pretty much goes standard model of triggered skills:
1. Cast an ability.
2. Create 3 dummies that follow to the target 3 nearest enemies.
3. Create dummy casters that will cast Shadow Strike or some other poisony ability when dummy arrows come near their targets.

I don't think there's an easier or better way around it, the solution is standard triggered spell, not some sort of triggered orb effect or anything like that.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Just create 3 dummies (or 2) at position of the hero and cast Acid Bomb to 3 enemies. That's all.

Code:
Test
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Acid Bomb to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Last created unit) to (Level of Storm Bolt for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set unitgroup_variable = (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Target unit of ability b
        Set unitgroup_variable_2 = (Random 2 units from unitgroup_variable)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in unitgroup_variable_2 and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Acid Bomb to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Acid Bomb for (Last created unit) to (Level of Storm Bolt for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Picked unit)

NeosDany

Reaction score
Omg, this spell is soooo easy, I am about to cry for what people suggest to you
Here is my idea
We are going to use chainlighting as the triggering spell or something like that, no effects, no damage, only for triggering our trigger.
So when you use chainlighting lets create a group with all living-non mechanical units in range of that unit so this way we consider only the units in front of you and in the range you are shooting, then, lets create three dummies in your position (locust, lasting 2 seconds, owned by triggering unit) lets add to them shadow strike (another dummy skill you must change the missile, missile speed, damage, slow duration or whatever you want) from warden, lets levelup shadow strike if necessary, and tempunit random unit from tempgroup (both variables, 1st unit 2nd unit group) cast shadowstrike (our dummy), then remove tempunit from tempgroup and tempunit random unit from tempgroup cast shadowstrike (our dummy), then remove tempunit from tempgroup and tempunit random unit from tempgroup cast shadowstrike (our dummy). Then custom scripts to delete stored info > temppoint for creating the group, tempgroup for the group.

Link to the map I made for you : http://www.epicwar.com/maps/215985/

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I don't usually respond to trollers but then again...
I'm about to laugh after I actually downloaded your map and study the trigger.
Code:
Envenomed barrage 1
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Envenomed barrage ( made with chainlighting )
            Then - Actions
                Set TempPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
                Set TempGroup = (Units within 450.00 of TempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
                Set TempPoint = (Position of (Casting unit))
                Set TempUnit = (Random unit from TempGroup)
                Unit Group - Remove TempUnit from TempGroup
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Envenomed barrage ( Dummy ) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Envenomed barrage ( Dummy ) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Envenomed barrage ( made with chainlighting ) for (Triggering unit))
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Shadow Strike TempUnit
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Set level of Envenomed barrage ( Dummy ) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Envenomed barrage ( made with chainlighting ) for (Triggering unit))
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)
            Else - Actions
Look at the post above you. It's pretty much the same damn thing.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Wonder that the ridiculousness of that answer seriously made you forget that this threat is more than one Month old ._.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.