Patch 1.5 to be the biggest patch yet, containing the Arcade, Art Tools and more.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The next patch, 1.5, will according to Blizzard's latest blog post be the biggest(or at least "the most feature-laden") Starcraft 2 patch to date.

This patch comes as a preparation for Heart of the Swarm and it'll include a lot of features that people expected to get when HotS is released.

Here's a list of some of the more interesting features that will be added:
  • The Arcade (This was previously named "The market place". From what I've seen, this is not only for purchasable maps. I think all maps will get some sort of project page where you can have information.)
  • Art tools (This is the art tools blizzard use. No more will you have to use the 3ds max plugin to convert back and forth. If I remember correctly from Blizzcon, it also features a live link between the art tools and the editor)
  • Remade Custom Game System featuring a "Open Map List"
  • New Chat channel fixes

Read the full article here!

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Nice to see some of the modding tools becoming available. Should make creating stuff much easier.

Siretu

Reaction score
There might be some balance changes as well although I think it's more focused on improving custom games.

I can't wait for the dialog editor. It's such a pain making dialogs and having to test the map just to see how it looks.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
There might be some balance changes as well although I think it's more focused on improving custom games.

I can't wait for the dialog editor. It's such a pain making dialogs and having to test the map just to see how it looks.

Dialog Editor?? o.o
Where do you see that?

Siretu

Reaction score
Blizzcon 2011. You can watch the coverage here.

The UI editor should be able to handle dialogs as well. I remember seeing a stand-alone dialog editor, but maybe I was just thinking of UI editor.

You should watch all the videos, they're very interesting.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
You missed the new ladder maps :) It will be a huge patch. Hopefully more details on hots and the collector's edition will come.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.