Patch 1.5 to be the biggest patch yet, containing the Arcade, Art Tools and more.

Discussion in 'Starcraft 2 (SC2) Discussion' started by Siretu, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Siretu Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator

The next patch, 1.5, will according to Blizzard's latest blog post be the biggest(or at least "the most feature-laden") Starcraft 2 patch to date.

This patch comes as a preparation for Heart of the Swarm and it'll include a lot of features that people expected to get when HotS is released.

Here's a list of some of the more interesting features that will be added:
    • The Arcade (This was previously named "The market place". From what I've seen, this is not only for purchasable maps. I think all maps will get some sort of project page where you can have information.)
    • Art tools (This is the art tools blizzard use. No more will you have to use the 3ds max plugin to convert back and forth. If I remember correctly from Blizzcon, it also features a live link between the art tools and the editor)
    • Remade Custom Game System featuring a "Open Map List"
    • New Chat channel fixes

Read the full article here!
  2. Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

No balance changes coming with the patch? I am sad.
  3. X-maul AKA: Demtrod

I'm looking so much forward to this :D
  4. Dave312 Censored for your safe viewing

Nice to see some of the modding tools becoming available. Should make creating stuff much easier.
  5. Siretu Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator

There might be some balance changes as well although I think it's more focused on improving custom games.

I can't wait for the dialog editor. It's such a pain making dialogs and having to test the map just to see how it looks.
  6. X-maul AKA: Demtrod

Dialog Editor?? o.o
    Where do you see that?
  7. Siretu Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator

Blizzcon 2011. You can watch the coverage here.

The UI editor should be able to handle dialogs as well. I remember seeing a stand-alone dialog editor, but maybe I was just thinking of UI editor.

You should watch all the videos, they're very interesting.
  8. Bloodcount Starcraft II Moderator

You missed the new ladder maps :) It will be a huge patch. Hopefully more details on hots and the collector's edition will come.
  9. tommerbob Minecraft. :D

The new UI editor looks so badass. Can't wait!
  10. X-maul AKA: Demtrod

I cant wait!