Patrolling

Po0gles

Reaction score
Hello, i made a map in which i use a patrolling trigger (unit - issue order targeting a point) but the unit will stop after patrolling a few rounds. Is there a way to make them patrol indefinitely? So that they will never stop?

E: I've watched their movements closely ingame and apparently, if the distance is not too big, they will not stop patrolling. If the distance they patrol is too big they will just stop after a few rounds.

Last edited:

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
This is how the AI for neutral hostile has been set up, there are a couple of ways to deal with it, but some of them have some side-effects and/or are not viable in the type of map you're making:

1. Change the neutral hostile units to player units (a player number that isn't in use, like 12) and make it an enemy with triggers. This has a side-effect of those enemies not using spells if not specifically triggered to do so, and maybe other side-effects as well.
2. Go to gameplay constants and set the 'Guard Distance' to a bigger value, this way the neutral hostile units can patrol further before coming back, but this has a side-effect of the enemies chasing your units longer if you run from battle (if you set it to max, they will never go back when you run from battle, but keep chasing you until something resolves the situation).
3. Order the units to Patrol/Attack-Move to the same point again when they come back to where they left. You can combine this with 2. and play around with the distances a little bit.

Po0gles

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, i guess i will just increase the guard distance if needed/ decrease how far they patrol. Since im making a town its not that big of a problem anymore. The third thing you suggested was also what i had in mind but i didnt know how to do it except making a trigger for every single patrolling unit for which i am, to be honest, a little too lazy for since ive got a lot of units patrolling.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.