Quick Leak question

Incognito

Reaction score
As the title say just a quick leak question.
I just got back to work on an extremely old little project, which is extremely large and I noticed a ton of:
"Game - Display to (All players matching (owner of x) is equal to (matching player) etc..) for x secs the text "x" "

This look to me like it obviously has a player group leak, but I find it odd that there would be so many of these when I was so careful with every other kind of leak.

Maybe I was told that it does not in the past and because of this I did not bother tending to these leaks?
So I wonder, is there some reason this specific situation does not leak?

Any and all help is much welcome ^^

Short Version:

Does "Game - Display to (All players matching (owner of x) is equal to (matching player) etc..) for x secs the text "x" " Leak ?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it leaks a player group. Also its far too complicated for what you want. There is only 1 owner of a unit, so an enumeration with "Matching Player" is not needed.
I would suggest creating a playerGroup array where each entry in the array holds a playerGroup with exactly 1 player, the player with the same index as the array entry. Then you can use the number of the player as an index into the array to get a player group for that player. This doesnt leak and should be pretty fast.

Incognito

Reaction score
Thanks for the extremely prompt and very helpful response ^^.

And the suggested method sounds like a much better way of handling it.
Sadly with over 1400 triggers to sort through now, finding out this leaks is some terrible new to say the least.

Regardless, very glad to see you guys are just as active and helpful as ever here at thehelper ^^

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Not quite. There is nothing going on in these forums anymore, you were just lucky I happened to come by just now.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its simple, wc3 is old and theres not many people left who still care about it. You might think its sad but its just the natural way that all things go. First they become old, and then they die.

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
But don't you worry good folk! Legacy of the Void will be released soon and Blizzard's RTS team will be free for the first time in 12-13 years to start another project. So for the first time there is an actual realistic chance to hear news of Warcraft 4, and perhaps it will arrive with a brand new world editor. Of course if this is the case, it's going to be released in like 2022 or something, but anyway...

troylowyee

Reaction score
Im still playing warcraft, hiveworkshop is still a little active and there are people still making maps, PM me if u need someone's help or need to try out your game :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.