Real monney shop and no singleplayer/offline playing.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am sticking to SCII in that case. I will play diablo for fun, but...

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I find it interesting that many people are excited about the new Auction House because they think they will be making money from it. Blizzard isn't stupid. They aren't doing this to provide players with extra cash to pay back the $60 they will spend on the game and the $15 for WoW subscriptions. They are doing this to make money themselves. It's pitiful, really.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If Blizzard doesn't grasp the real world money market, chinese players and others will do it anyway.

Better Blizzard than random, spam-filled, crap-filled farmers websites with loads of hacks and annoying bots IMO.

tommerbob

Reaction score
If Blizzard doesn't grasp the real world money market, chinese players and others will do it anyway.

Better Blizzard than random, spam-filled, crap-filled farmers websites with loads of hacks and annoying bots IMO.

Do you honestly think this will stop boters, hackers, and farmers?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Their reasoning behind doing this is simply because the players want it. If the players didn't want it, they would not have been using shady third party sites, like d2jsp in the D2 era of the series. Essentially, all Blizzard did was make something that was previously unofficial and sketchy, official and supported.

fuck you d2jsp i always knew nothing good would come out of you. although my thoughts were worse when i first heard this, now i dont care as much because you dont have to use it as a money-type thing.
theres also technically no offline single player in sc2, you have to be online to play the single player.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Their reasoning behind doing this is simply because the players want it. If the players didn't want it, they would not have been using shady third party sites...

People cheat to get ahead. Solution to prevent cheating? Legalize it.

People will use the Black market to get drugs. Solution? Legalize drugs.

The average math scores in a school are 50% lower than last year. Solution to better teach math to kids? Lower the math requirements.

Yeah that makes total sense. /endsarcasm

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
People cheat to get ahead. Solution to prevent cheating? Legalize it.

People will use the Black market to get drugs. Solution? Legalize drugs.

The average math scores in a school are 50% lower than last year. Solution to better teach math to kids? Lower the math requirements.

Yeah that makes total sense. /endsarcasm

makes sense to blizzard apperently =/ i like the auction house with ingame gold though, that seems like it can make for decent trades. at least gold wont be worthless in d3 like it was in d2 and d1. the auction house with real money though is poopoo.

nonetheless i still cant wait for this game. i'll just play with friends and try to avoid people who 'cheat' (ill let them get ahead in pvp level so i can pvp with real people)

Actually, after reading this im not as upset about this, this might actually be good for other things outside of buying items (selling items for real e-balance and then using that balance to get more gold than you would have for selling the item for pure gold).

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/26397-the-auction-house-explained/

finally (hopefully) we will have a real currency (gold) as opposed to god damn high runes which were impossible to get legit and poofed on you 90% of the time (i once sold a hr i found myself for 2 hr because the person KNEW it wasnt duped, and then i socketed them for a runeword like a boss)

although, then again people will still just put in 100 dollars and buy everything they need and win every pvp :/

blizz forums seem under a lot of talk about this, they might remove it if enough people complain maybe

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I think gear is going to be second to everything else in Diablo 3. (People have beaten Diablo 2 without wearing armor btw)

Ability combos are going to be extremely important!!! No more talent trees/limited ability slots/8 variations of each ability.

Has anyone played HoN? You can play with limited heroes and have a blast... earn game coins with matches or buy them and then spend them on new heroes and vanity items. Diablo 3 will have that type of appeal. You can play the game and get most of the gear you need. You can buy items with in game coins... You can visit the in game auction house to buy the same stuff with your real life goldz. Will it break the game? I don't see why it would. Diablo 3 is not 100% gear based like World of Warcraft or something.

Also, this DOES destroy illegal selling of items. How can you compete with the MARKET? You can't... People interested in making real world money off of Diablo 3 will do so through the official auction house and follow Blizzard's rules in doing so. In this case I'm not even bothered. I honestly think that this could be handled in World of Warcraft too but it's a VERY controversial thought. (though there can always be a balance and always be a way to implement a system that covers all areas of concern).

Since when do people with a lot of money win pvp because of bought junk? Noobs are still noobs. And with enough time and practice you can buy or obtain the items without spending real world currency. In the end you and the other guy both get what you want. You will probably be better since you spent time playing to earn your prize. Just sayin.

tommerbob

Reaction score
So over the past couple of days I've been on the battle.net forums, reading people's thoughts on the real-money Auction House and its impact on the game. It's been interesting because most people are no longer talking about the game and how fun it will be. All they are talking about now is money. It looks like an economics class.

That makes me sad.

@jedimintrixxx:

I love the gold-Auction House concept. The AH in WoW works very well, and I think it would work really well in Diablo 3.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.