World Red Cross Team Attacked While Burying Ebola Dead

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) -- A Red Cross team was attacked while collecting bodies believed to be infected with Ebola in southeastern Guinea, the latest in a string of assaults that are hindering efforts to control West Africa's current outbreak.

One Red Cross worker is recovering after being wounded in in the neck in Tuesday's attack in Forecariah, according to Benoit Carpentier, a spokesman for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

Family members of the dead initially set upon the six volunteers and vandalized their cars, said Mariam Barry, a resident. Eventually a crowd went to the regional health office, where they threw rocks at the building.

The attack is the most recent in a series that have plagued teams working to bury bodies safely, provide information about Ebola and disinfect public places. The most shocking was the abduction and killing last week in Guinea of eight people, health workers educating people about Ebola and the journalists accompanying them.

-----------------------------------
Seriously, this is what happens when you try and go against Natual Selection. I have to really hand it to the dedication of these Ebola workers who are working so hard endangering there lives trying to help people that are too ignorant to live. They wantonly deny facts and are totally backwards. I know it sounds harsh but I were in charge I would pull everyone out of any area where people are attacked like that and build a fence around it. I will probably go to hell for saying that....

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, let them die. People always fear overpopulation of the world and all that, this seems like a good solution to that problem.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, helping others in bad times, Is such a terrible thing to waste!
"They won't survive anyway! " Right ?

Why not Just shut down all hospitals, destroy all Ambulance. ?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I don't think anyone cares about africa in the sense they actually care about africa, more like they know how ruinous an Ebola pandemic would be. That is not something that can be allowed to happen.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Nuke the site from orbit, then.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Because they have diamonds there and the world wants them. Also lions.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I don't think anyone cares about africa in the sense they actually care about africa, more like they know how ruinous an Ebola pandemic would be. That is not something that can be allowed to happen.
If something like that would happen elsewhere. It would be the same.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.