Replacing a hero / Passive ability icon not showing

-._.-

Reaction score
Replacing a hero

Ok, so I'm making this upgrade that changes hero attack type to chaos. The only way to make it is replacing the old hero with a similar hero that has Chaos attack type. Now I need to make variables for: Old hero's items, Old hero's experience, Old hero's ability levels. Simply I don't know how to, can someone please help me?
The trigger is now like this:
Trigger:
  • Upgrade Corruption
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Corruption
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Researching unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Witch Slayer
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Witch Slayer Chaos using The old unit's relative life and mana
            • Else - Actions

(Witch Slayer is the only hero I have made by now :rolleyes:)
/

Ability icon not showing

I made this ability, Energy Ravage (wich makes units in 300/400/500/600 range lose 25/40/55/70 mana and take the same amount as Pure damage each time they cast a spell). I based the ability on Slow (Tornado), the tornado ability that slows nearby units. I changed the buff to Energy Ravage Lv 1/2/3/4. But! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: When I learn the ability on the hero, the ability doesn't show up in the button screen. I don't have an idea why. The Art - Button Position is set to a available button position.

Before you say the ability is overpowered, I say it is an ultimate (yes, in my game ultimates have 4 levels).

-._.-

Reaction score
No, thats not the only way. You can just use any orb item wich will use the attack 2 of the hero.

This will make the hero lose a space in the inventory, I don't want the hero to lose a space in the inventory.

TheLegend

Reaction score
he didnt mean orb as an item but the ability that the orb has, just ad the ability to he hero and voala :D

-._.-

Reaction score
he didnt mean orb as an item but the ability that the orb has, just ad the ability to he hero and voala :D

Ok, so I will be making an item orb ability that causes hero attack to change to Attack 2 and anulate Attack 1. I have two questions before doing that:
1. The attribute bonus damage still works if I change to Attak 2?
2. My hero has feedback ability, if I anulate Attack 1 I think feedback will stop working because it just works for Attack 1. Is that right?

Tinker

Reaction score
Ok, so I will be making an item orb ability that causes hero attack to change to Attack 2 and anulate Attack 1. I have two questions before doing that:
2. My hero has feedback ability, if I anulate Attack 1 I think feedback will stop working because it just works for Attack 1. Is that right?

I have no idea, why not try it out yourself? :D No madness.

-._.-

Reaction score
Well I prefered to use the replacing hero method. Now I made the trigger and it didn't work. Can someone explain to me what is wrong, please?
Trigger:
  • Upgrade Corruption
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Researching unit)) to HasCorruption
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Researching unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Owner of (Researching unit)) is in HasPurification) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Witch Slayer Divine Chaos using The new unit's max life and mana
                  • Hero - Set (Last created unit) experience to (Hero experience of (Last replaced unit)), Hide level-up graphics
                  • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Last created unit): Add (Level of (Last replaced unit)) points
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 1) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 6) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 5) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 4) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 3) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 2) to (Last created unit)
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Witch Slayer Chaos using The new unit's max life and mana
                  • Hero - Set (Last created unit) experience to (Hero experience of (Last replaced unit)), Hide level-up graphics
                  • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Last created unit): Add (Level of (Last replaced unit)) points
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 6) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 1) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 5) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 4) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 3) to (Last created unit)
                  • Hero - Give (Item carried by (Last replaced unit) in slot 2) to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Please note that I have another upgrade (Purification) that changes the hero defense type to divine. When the defense type "changes" (not working), the player owner of the changed hero will be added to HasPurification group, and vice-versa with the HasCorruption group.

-._.-

Reaction score
If you do your way then i wont help you anymore sry.

Well Tinker, you don't want to answer my questions about your method (and I'm pretty sure you can easily answer). Now you can't simply tell me what is wrong about my trigger (and I'm pretty sure you can easily tell me) just because I didn't pick your method? That's not right man. Why so serious? No madness, as you said.

Tinker

Reaction score
Well Tinker, you don't want to answer my questions about your method (and I'm pretty sure you can easily answer). Now you can't simply tell me what is wrong about my trigger (and I'm pretty sure you can easily tell me) just because I didn't pick your method? That's not right man. Why so serious? No madness, as you said.

Replacing a hero is hell difficult and can cause lots of bugs/problems.

I didnt try them out myself also you were too lazy for...

1. Damage bonus should still work...
2. Feedback should still work...

-._.-

Reaction score
Replacing a hero is hell difficult and can cause lots of bugs/problems.

I didnt try them out myself also you were too lazy for...

1. Damage bonus should still work...
2. Feedback should still work...

Ok, I will try it out. But still, using this method, I won't be able to make the Purification upgrade, which changes hero's defense type to Divine, because there is not an item ability or something that changes the hero defense type. Do you have any suggestions or you want to help me with the trigger? :D

Tinker

Reaction score
Well I prefered to use the replacing hero method. Now I made the trigger and it didn't work. Can someone explain to me what is wrong, please?
Trigger:
  • Upgrade Corruption
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Add (Owner of (Researching unit)) to HasCorruption
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • ((Owner of (Researching unit)) is in HasPurification) Equal to True
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Witch Slayer Divine Chaos using The new unit's max life and mana
                • Else - Actions
                  • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Witch Slayer Chaos using The new unit's max life and mana
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

Please note that I have another upgrade (Purification) that changes the hero defense type to divine. When the defense type "changes" (not working), the player owner of the changed hero will be added to HasPurification group, and vice-versa with the HasCorruption group.

What exactly isnt working in there? Also for change divine armor you just have to change it from the new replaced hero, you cant change hero armors with upgrades.

Also dont use "New units max life and mana" if you want a properly replace then use old's relative max life and mana.

-._.-

Reaction score
What exactly isnt working in there? Also for change divine armor you just have to change it from the new replaced hero, you cant change hero armors with upgrades.

Also dont use "New units max life and mana" if you want a properly replace then use old's relative max life and mana.

I don't think you get it, I didn't try to change the hero armor with upgrades, I have another trigger exactly as this one, that adds the player to HasPurification, so I can make this condition: ((Owner of (Researching unit)) is in HasPurification) Equal to True. Then if the player has upgraded Purification, the hero will already have been replaced to a Witch Slayer Divine, so in Then - Actions I would replace the hero to a Witch Slayer Divine Chaos, and if the player has not upgraded Purification, the Else - Actions would activate, replacing the hero to a Witch Slayer Chaos, without Divine armor.
Sorry for not being too clear, it's hard to explain and my main language is not English.

What isn't working in the trigger: The hero doesn't replace. When I finish the upgrade, nothing happens, just appears on the screen: Upgrade complete: Corruption (or Purification).

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed something, I kinda speed-read most of the posts after the OP, may I ask:
-Why do you want it to be a chaos attack? Just for the look, or the effectiveness of the Chaos attack? Perhaps we can suggest an alternative.

Before you say the ability is overpowered, I say it is an ultimate (yes, in my game ultimates have 4 levels).
Can't say it's overpowered until we see other abilities. For all I know your hero's could have 10 000 hit points, or 10 each.
Just saying ;P

edit:
oh, and as said before. Try avoid 'replacing' the hero's, in most cases. This can cause many problems involving your custom triggers and abilities.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
If you want to replace hero, use either the Chaos ability inside the Object Editor. Add the ability to the said unit using that ability and the unit will be replaced to your desired hero.

Alternatively, use morphing abilities like Bear Form etc. This will mean your hero can morph though.

Using replace unit via trigger does not work so well. However, it should retain level, experience and items. Learned ability will not be retained though. And the shortcut key for the unit will be forgotten. Then again, I can't be sure if what I said is 100% true. It's been a long time since I used replace unit.

-._.-

Reaction score
-Why do you want it to be a chaos attack? Just for the look, or the effectiveness of the Chaos attack? Perhaps we can suggest an alternative.
I wanted it to be a chaos attack for the effectiveness of the Chaos attack, not for the look o-o
If you want to replace hero, use either the Chaos ability inside the Object Editor. Add the ability to the said unit using that ability and the unit will be replaced to your desired hero.

Alternatively, use morphing abilities like Bear Form etc. This will mean your hero can morph though.

Using replace unit via trigger does not work so well. However, it should retain level, experience and items. Learned ability will not be retained though. And the shortcut key for the unit will be forgotten. Then again, I can't be sure if what I said is 100% true. It's been a long time since I used replace unit.
Well, I don't want trouble. I have an upgrade house that adds to units armor, damage, regeneration's, increases units max hit and mana points, and I wanted something different. But I understand that it is hard to make what I want and I will forget this. I don't want my hero to have additional skills, he's skill slots are already full haha. Thanks for the attention to everyone!
Oh, and about the "Passive ability icon not showing", I already solved that, I made a dummy ability for tooltips.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Why not just do some sort of attack with additional damage, rather than Chaos attack? It would make life alot easier.

-._.-

Reaction score
Why not just do some sort of attack with additional damage, rather than Chaos attack? It would make life alot easier.
Sure, that's a lot easier. I was trying to make this Chaos and Divine system because Divine armor only takes damage from Chaos, so if a player has divine upgrade, the others would be forced to upgrade to Chaos. Also, Chaos does 100% attack to all types of armor, and that's great :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I ordered like five blocks for 15 dollars. They're just little aluminum blocks with holes drilled into them
  • Varine Varine:
    They are pretty much disposable. I have shitty nozzles though, and I don't think these were designed for how hot I've run them
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to extract it but the thing is pretty stuck. Idk what else I can use this for
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll throw it into my scrap stuff box, I'm sure can be used for something
  • Varine Varine:
    I have spare parts for like, everything BUT that block lol. Oh well, I'll print this shit next week I guess. Hopefully it fits
  • Varine Varine:
    I see that, despite your insistence to the contrary, we are becoming a recipe website
  • Varine Varine:
    Which is unique I guess.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.