General RIAA tells students: Pay up for downloads

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
The music industry is asking 50 Ohio University students to pay $3,000 each to avoid lawsuits accusing them of pirating songs off the Internet.

The Recording Industry Association of America asked the university to pass along letters to the students with Internet addresses accused of being involved with the illegal sharing of copyrighted music. The university notified the students on Monday.

"The downloading has occurred and we can't change that, but we can let them know what their options are," OU spokeswoman Sally Linder said Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Someone call in The Pirate Bay so they can pwn RIAA.

RIAA is complete phail right now.

They are so phail that since they are too sucky to stop p2p hosts, they've gone after p2p downloaders. Only 50 of them. Laugh.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
That's still messed up, they even say that they know that the students can't pay, but they still want the money.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If I was over 18, it's my ass that's paying for it, so I wouldn't pay, I'd take the jail time.

But since I'm not, it'd be my mom so I'd had to come up with the money...somehow.

And they wonder why people start doing certain things for money...

Reaction score
Uberfoop is correct. At the moment, the RIAA are an unfettered failure. It is unfortunate that they resort to harassment and scare tactics in order to slow the p2p tide.

Rad

Reaction score
Smells like some bull s!$%!

I mean what stupid students have to get their fking school involved with pirating? But seriously... www.projectplaylist.com, limewire, lemonwire (lol, it exists) and everything else...

Just BS making 50 college students pay up, unless they were selling copies of it all over their school

I didnt read the full story, and am not about too ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.