Riddles

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to the riddles thread! Here you can post new riddles or solve existing riddles! Enjoy yourselves.

Please don't post riddles that have anything sexual or otherwise not suitable for younger viewers.

Here are a few to jump start the thread:

Solved: 1-20 as of 6:09 P.M. -6 Central Time (US & Canada) On Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Solved:
1-5
There are four friends walking home and they stayed out longer than usual. Their flashlight is their only source of light and without it they cannot see. They come to a bridge that can only support two at a time. Their flashlight is quickly running out of power. They only have 17 minutes left. Moving in pairs, how can they get all four over in 17 minutes when one is a sprinter and can cross in 1 minute, one is a soccer player and can cross in 2 minutes, one is a regular Joe and can cross in 5 minutes, and the last guy has a broken leg and can cross in 10 minutes.

SOLVED

A man is murdered with 53 bicycles in front of him. Why?

SOLVED

The police found a man hanging in his house. There is no furniture and only a puddle of water underneath him. How did he hang himself?

SOLVED

A rope broke, a bell rang, a man died.

SOLVED

A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

Why was he not let in?
SOLVED

SOLVED

6-10
Find the sequence and the next 3 numbers.

SOLVED

The following words share a common feature, what is it?

CALMNESS
CANOPY
DEFT
FIRST
SIGHING
STUN

SOLVED

A hospital director recently confirmed that many of the people admitted to his hospital were not ill at all. They were perfectly healthy, yet they were given hospital care and treatment. Why?

SOLVED

A butcher I know is six feet, two inches tall, wears a size 12 shoe and has a 17 inch neck. What does he weigh?

SOLVED

This is a lot like #3.
Bob and Sue are dead on the floor beside a table, surrounded by broken glass and water. The window in the room is open. How did Bob and Sue die?

SOLVED

SOLVED

11-15
Scientist find two people buried in the ice in Antarctica. After thawing them and studying them, they conclude that these two people are Adam and Eve. How do they know that?

SOLVED

When is four half of five?

SOLVED

Two people are driving in a car. A father and his son. They have an accident, a bad car crash and the father DIES and the son is badly injured. The son is rushed to emergency for operation. The surgeon walks in to the room and sees the kid and says I cant do this, I cannot operate on my own son. Who is the surgeon?

SOLVED

What kind of cheese is made backwards?

SOLVED

What has four legs in the morning,
Two legs in the afternoon,
And three legs in the evening?

SOLVED

SOLVED

16-20
There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

SOLVED

Can you name 3 consecutive days without using Monday, Thursday or Sunday?

SOLVED

What is greater than God, more evil than the Devil, poor men have it, rich men don't want it, and if you eat it you'll die?

SOLVED

They call me a man, but I'll never have a wife.
I was given a body, but not given life.
They made me a mouth, but didn't give me breath.
Water gives me life and sun brings me death.
What am I?

SOLVED

The following number is the only one of its kind.
Can you figure out what is so special about it?

SOLVED

SOLVED

21-25
What is the easiest way to throw a ball, and have it stop, and completely reverse direction after traveling a short distance?

SOLVED

I am the shortest complete sentence in the English language. What am I?

SOLVED

What has roots that nobody sees, and is taller than trees. Up, up it goes, and yet it never grows. What is it?

I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and never cry; On the same spot I'm always found, toiling away with little sound. What am I?

SOLVED

What's the difference between a penniless man and a feather bed?

SOLVED

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Must have had an ace up his sleeve.

Correct! Eh well. It's actually

He was cheating. There are only 52 cards in a deck. Bicycle is a brand of cards.

Can you get any other ones :thup:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
He stood on a block of ice

Blind Tightrope walker, rope holding the bell indicating the tightrope walker was at the end of the tightrope broke, ringing the bell, the man stepped off, but not at the ladder, and died.

Edit: Wow Blade beat me, slow typing @.@

S

Siyanor

I would post an answer if I knew how to make something a spoiler.. I'm kinda new to the forums.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
-= bridge walls
a=joe
b=broken leg
c=soccer player
s=sprinter
.=amount crossed

Broken Leg and Joe get on first
-------------
b
a
-------------

5 minutes later, Joe gets across

------------
.......b
.................a
------------

Soccer Player gets on

------------
.......b
c
------------

2 minutes later, Soccer PLayer gets across

-----------
...........b
................c
-----------

Sprinter gets on

------------
...........b
s
------------

1 minute later, Spinter gets across

-------------
...............b
...................s
------------

So far, 8 minutes have passed. So 2 minutes later, Broken Leg makes it across

-------------
...................b

-------------

And thus, all 4 make it across in just 10 minutes flat.

...Either that, or they didn't need the flashlight in the first place because it was daytime :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Riddles 2, 3, and 4 have been solved with the answers I have had in mind.

aquter, I've never heard that answer, but it technically could work :p. And yes, they do need the flashlight, hence "without it they cannot see"

Spoilers are easy. When you post, click the icon with the yellow triangle and a !. It should say Spoiler underneath and when you click, there should be [ SPOILER][ /SPOILER] tags. Without the spaces of course.

I will add another 5 for solving while I'm away at school since 4/5 have been solved already o_o'

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
]#3: he was on a pool of ice
*block of ice </spoiler>

#9: MEAT

FIXED ;)

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
BANANAMAN, it doesn't have anything to do with math. Just the numbers itself.

Lobster, please use Spoiler tags when answering riddles. I don't like to spoil the fun for others. If they want to try to guess the answer too.

And your answer to #8 is wrong. 3 and 9 are right.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
5 is easy... its obvious since its a riddle >.<
He should of said three. Since its the number of letters in the number the door guy said

I would of done it last night, but you forgot the question in the riddle :p

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
For the money :thup:
They're all in the dictionary :thup:
There was a water-glass on the floor near Bob and Sue. They had opened the window to let in some fresh air. Bob had a heart attack, and died. His corpse fell on Sue, who fell on top of the water glass, breaking it, and dieing in the process.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
For the money :thup:
They're all in the dictionary :thup:
There was a water-glass on the floor near Bob and Sue. They had opened the window to let in some fresh air. Bob had a heart attack, and died. His corpse fell on Sue, who fell on top of the water glass, breaking it, and dieing in the process.

Answers gave me a laugh. Never had them interpreted that way, but they're wrong according to where I got the riddle :rolleyes: Funny, but not what I got as answers.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Find the sequence and the next 3 numbers.
Remember that from TM's :D
the number explains the previous
11 There is 1 one.
21 There are 2 ones.
1211 There are 2 ones and 1 one. etc

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

They all have groups of alphabetized letters.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The first one hasn't been solved. There is only one flashlight, so you can't have multiple people crossing at different times, since then they couldn't all use the flashlight. You have to make sure everyone moving over has the flashlight all the time, too.

1)
First the sprinter and soccer player cross (2 minutes) the sprinter comes back with the flashlight (3 minutes) the Joe and the broken leg cross with the flashlight (13 minutes) soccer player comes back with the flashlight (15 minutes) then the soccer player and sprinter go back over (17 minutes.

7)
3 letters in each are in alphabetical order (this one was tough, heh)
LMN, NOP, DEF, RST, GHI, STU.

8)
Pregnant Women

10)
Bob and sue are fish. A wind came in and knocked their bowl over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.