World Russia unbans Reddit

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A day after banning a Reddit page on growing illegal mushrooms, Russian censors have removed Reddit from their registry of banned websites. In a post on the social network VKontakte, Roskomnadzor, the Kremlin's media watchdog agency, thanked Internet users for "prompting" Reddit's administrators to get in touch with their office.

Russian officials also expressed the hope that Reddit administrators will respond more promptly to future requests to take down or block access to content they deem illegal.

Google Translate said:
We thank all who by their activity on the Web has prompted administrators to listen to reddit Roskomnadzor.Aug. 13 on the administration of the resource on the "hot line" of the Federal Service received a letter, which reported on the termination of access to the territory of Russia to the forbidden information. The requirement Roskomnadzor validated inspection. In connection with this page removed from the Register of illegal information. Given that this illegal article two years ago to notify Roskomnadzor has removed one of the pages on reddit, and then appeared on the other hand, we expect that the administration of resources will continue to listen to the demands of regulatory authorities Russia in the interests of large Russian audience.

Read more here (Meduza)

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This makes it sound like Reddit caved. Did Reddit cave?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I believe so. Russia is very convincing.

Varine

Reaction score
Russia isn't the one to fuck with. Half of everything comes from there.

KMilz

Reaction score
Russia does way more in the way of exports than I realized. Like, way more. I thought you were full of shit, but nah. Half of everything does seem to come from there (which makes sense, considering how fucking big it is, but shit, that place looks poor as fuck every time I see anything about it).

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, people always tell me I'm full of shit when I talk about Russia knowing what they're doing, but once you actually look it up. Everything, diamonds, oil, natural gas, chemicals, metals, machinery, weapons, chemicals, computers, software.

Don't fuck with Russia. Just don't do it.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, you know Nazi propaganda was just regular movies to them right? Our military is based on the idea that you'll walk through the valley of death and fear no evil because you're baddest mother fucker in the fight. And yet the whole country flocked to see American Soldier or whatever the fuck that was called, and we all want to jump in after that last Army commercial cuz it was badass as fuck, you might be strong, but you ain't Army of One strong.

If we only look at Detroit, America's poor as fuck too. I mean, we got Canada bringing us water and most of us are driving cars from the last millennium that we had to import from countries that we're still celebrating having barely beat at a war 70 years ago, over a bridge that collapses on top of a few hundred homeless people that can't afford some Advil for their migraine, which is probably why they were in the bridge's shade to begin with, with thousands of people walking by telling them they don't have a spare quarter to lend them for a bag of chips out of a vending machine next to a dilapidated 7/11 with the / sign burned out and an abandoned dog tied up to the handicap ramp rail barking at another homeless guy hiding next to the hot air vent that is there as a pressure relief to the century old pipes that carry steam around the city, because that's still a fucking thing. Because we poor as fuck.

Varine

Reaction score
The point being, Russia isn't poor. They're just smart enough not to show off how much shit they have. Even if someone was able to get anywhere NEAR Moscow, they would just fire off their giant EMP field that encompasses the European half, destroy any electrical systems anywhere fucking near it, and then keep on fighting with their Cold War era shit that can run without a computer. How is that F22 gonna do without a guidance system? Or that Abram tank that doesn't have any windows to see out of when the cameras break? Think the average infantry is going to find his way through the fucking Urals without a GPS? Have fun with your ELECTRONIC SCOPES on a fucking gun that requires batteries in -10. Ever tried to start a diesel engine that cold? Don't. Fuck. With. Russia. They got their shit figured out.

Remember when WCIII was the shit, and all the cool stuff came out of Russia?

jonas

Reaction score
Remember when WCIII was the shit, and all the cool stuff came out of Russia?
There certainly was lots of cool stuff from russia, but not all the cool stuff was from there.

BTW, two thirds of the chair used to be Russians. Now we only have one Ukrainian and one Russian left. They sit on opposite sides of the corridor.

Varine

Reaction score
The cool stuff no one else had did, because only a handful of us knew about that Russian site, and even fewer knew how to get past the home page, since it was in Russian after all. Everyone knows WC3Campaigns and The Hive. Probably because no one could remember the name, but that site had all sorts of shit if you could figure out how to use any of it.

KMilz

Reaction score
[...]Even if someone was able to get anywhere NEAR Moscow, they would just fire off their giant EMP field that encompasses the European half, destroy any electrical systems anywhere fucking near it, and then keep on fighting with their Cold War era shit that can run without a computer. How is that F22 gonna do without a guidance system? Or that Abram tank that doesn't have any windows to see out of when the cameras break? Think the average infantry is going to find his way through the fucking Urals without a GPS? Have fun with[...]
To be fair, none of that is going to help Russia win a war against us, it's just going to keep us from winning against them. Which I guess is kinda like winning, but it's not like they get anything out of it except to not be conquered. Not that conquering is even a thing anymore, but I figure that if we're at the point that we're attacking Russia by land, air and sea, then we're probably trying to own that shit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The cool stuff no one else had did, because only a handful of us knew about that Russian site, and even fewer knew how to get past the home page, since it was in Russian after all. Everyone knows WC3Campaigns and The Hive. Probably because no one could remember the name, but that site had all sorts of shit if you could figure out how to use any of it.
The cool stuff came from me. Cause I am awesome. Deal with it.

Varine

Reaction score
To be fair, none of that is going to help Russia win a war against us, it's just going to keep us from winning against them. Which I guess is kinda like winning, but it's not like they get anything out of it except to not be conquered. Not that conquering is even a thing anymore, but I figure that if we're at the point that we're attacking Russia by land, air and sea, then we're probably trying to own that shit.
Just like burning everything during the German invasion didn't help them win?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.