scmaker (Acehart version 1.0) The StarEdit Story

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
scmaker (Acehart version 1.0)

This is the one I know you guys have been waiting for.

scmaker

I was using my Red MVP icon on the Blizzard Tech Support forums to promote my new StarEdit Help Forum, it was not even vbulletin and not even part of thehelper.net - or did not have a thehelper.net domain. That did not even exist yet. I was also posting in every other StarEdit Help on the Internet in Full Promotion Mode. I was the worst kind of spammer in the Blizzard StarEdit forums. The Blizzard StarEdit people (not the employees but the forum regulars) hated me. They did not understand why I had that Red MVP Icon or any clue how to get it. :) I was sanctioned to post WTF I wanted on any Blizzard Forum by Blizzard, or actually by PatN, and nobody wanted to mess with me or say anything to me because nobody had ever seen anything like me before :) They just let me do what I want. It was Awesome!

They did not delete my posts which were all ads in their forums to my StarEdit Help Forums. I never answered questions for StarEdit. I know nothing about StarEdit, but I wanted a StarEdit forum. I made sure one of my Red MVP posts was visible on the first page of the StarEdit forums at all times :)

I first ran into scmaker (Acehart) on a major Starcraft site StarEdit forum that I cannot remember the name of. Anyway, Acehart made his way on to my new forums under the name scmaker. scmaker was not just on a Random StarEdit Forum. He was on all of the StarEdit forums. If you search engined or followed the links of all the sites there was scmaker. The only one I never saw him on was the official Blizzard Forums. Probably because of the 2 post limit though I doubt Acehart was limited to that but it was pretty innovative post security at the time. This was Starcraft 1 days. The Internet was not Mainstream we were all still learning. Blizzard did not want you to post more than 2 an hour, at least that is what they said... :)

scmaker answered the questions exactly in the same style like I did on the Blizzard Support forums. All of questions and correctly or the best of ability and stayed for the follow up. He also did it on all the other forums on the Internet. scmaker was The Helper of StarEdit no doubt! He saw the forum needed help and he filled that void! I was amazed and saw a kindred spirit!

The StarEdit forum enjoyed moderate success because it really did not have any type of entry point. Search Engines were not that good in those days and the Blizzard StarEdit forum was pretty damn good, and my spamming only got us so much traffic. The ones that made it to the forum though were rewarded with scmakers expertise! scmaker was already a legend for me and it pained me greatly to get the email that said he was leaving the forum because Starcraft was dead. There were just no new questions to answer. The forum was dead.

Of course, he had all the moderator power I could give at the time when he left.

To be continued in the Acehart - The World Editor Version Section. Stay tuned!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.