Short Snippets

Cat

Reaction score
There are far and few women who'd consider doing this: standing far from a ballot, I rest my decision on one man -- who is not considered a candidate to win. My heart steady beats as the line diminishes; each person going up to drop their card and then leaving -- sometimes with a child or spouse. There, I stood looking at the empty hole where my card would be lost forever to me but count forever on a textbook. What am I doing? How am I going to stop? I reach my hand forth and drop; it sails down into the deep abyss of note cards, filled with illegible writing -- besides mine that speaks in big, bold words: Ronald W. Sharts.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I appreciate the feeling you're trying to convey here, but I'm not understanding the implied severity of it all. It's not a big deal to vote for someone that won't win. Why did she feel like she needed to stop? Why was she questioning her actions? It seems like you've written the situation out in a way that paints it as substantially more dire than it actually is, and it left me feeling sort of confused at the end.

Either way, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Reaction score
This is true. I was originally writing it in a sci-fi setting (where she was voting against the one-party government), but then I forgot the idea and finished it differently. I just wanted to post something while I sat at work (and avoid doing my homework).
Thanks for the thoughts. Much love.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Is Sharts supposed to have the comical intention that I took away from it?

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Interesting. But so short of a snippet that it's hard to get into it in any sort of way. And I agree with KMilz, she should not be nearly so confused and emotional about this, or if she should be, then it needs an explanation why.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.