Show/Hide Doodad

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have this Long Fences that I'm trying to Show/Hide but I can't find the action to do that, Destructible show/hide only works with trees/destructibles, not with doodads. so is there some way to do this?

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have this Long Fences that I'm trying to Show/Hide but I can't find the action to do that, Destructible show/hide only works with trees/destructibles, not with doodads. so is there some way to do this?

Turn the doodad into a destructible with infinite health?

Kajik

Reaction score
I have similar problem.
I have roof composed from doodads, and I want that roof disapear when hero enters the region. I can't turn it into destructible, because I have to scale it (and so far as I know, destrucibles can't be scaled).
House
Roof
Of course the roof will be atop the house. Any ideas how to solve this problem??

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
doodads cannot be controlled thru triggers...

make that fence into a destructable.. copy/paste a destructable and change the model file of it to a fence.. and then maybe u can filter show/hide functions..
or make the fence into a unit... and then u can remove and create that fence unit at that x/y location...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so when a hero enters/leaves that house, that roof cannot be controlled... only destructables and units can be controlled...

try making the house a ground unit with 0 move speed, and the roof a flying unit with 0 move speed.. and then the unit enters that house regoin, remove the flying unit, or set it's transperency really low...
and then the hero leaves that house region, set the flying unit back to normal...

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Yeah just make it a destructible instead of a doodad. If you don't want it to be attacked, just have it classified as a decoration in combat (this is the classification pathing blockers use).

Kajik

Reaction score
Well, as I said, I can't scale units nor destructibles. Or is there any way how to scale destructible?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Well, as I said, I can't scale units nor destructibles. Or is there any way how to scale destructible?

You can scale them both in the object editor. For units, you can change the Art - scaling value field. For destructibles, they are set to not be scalable by default, but if you change the max/min scaling values in the object editor, you can scale them just like doodads.

Kajik

Reaction score
You can scale them both in the object editor. For units, you can change the Art - scaling value field. For destructibles, they are set to not be scalable by default, but if you change the max/min scaling values in the object editor, you can scale them just like doodads.

Well, that helped a bit, but when I change max/min scaling, I can scale them only in X dimension and the Y and Z scaling is changed by the same amount. I need to change X,Y and Z dimensions each by different values (as I can edit doodads). Any thoughts?

Kajik

Reaction score
Play the hide animation as BlackRose suggested. It turns the doodad invisible.

Ha, that realy works. I bet I tried it earlier with no results, but maybe I just made something wrong. Realy thanks for your help. +REP

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.