Siege Engines are way too rigged.

nabbig2

Reaction score
I know the RTS is very balanced, but it seems to me that siege engines are very rigged. Why do they have fortified armor? By the time you kill them, they have taken down your base. I think this should be fixed.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, they have a short range and are slow.
Attack them with siege weapons of your own or maybe some Mountain Giants with clubs and they probably won't last long. They can't attack normal units, either.

I would think that the key is to get them on the way to your base, when they're most vulnerable.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
The siege engines have major disadvantages.

1. They can't attack ground units, only structures, plus air units after researching barrage.

2. They are slow and has a big collission, this will be an advantage for the enemy by blocking them before reaching your buildings.

3. They have little health which means you still can destroy it at early stages.

4. They have a very short range when it comes to attacking structures, plus it has a big cooldown.

5. They are expensive and takes some time in training.

6. They cant work as defense, oly offense.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Everybody knows that:

Raiders pawns Siege Engine
Mortar Teams pawns Siege Engine
Mountain Giant pawns Siege Engine

I don't know about the undead :p

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
He meant Undeads, how could they get a cannon tower?

NoxMortus said:
Ghoul surround.

Aren't ghouls skeleton-shaped? I only got it half-right.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Simplest way to defeat siege tanks:

-Wall your choke with ground units. Since they can't attack, they can't enter.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Well, they have a short range and are slow.
Attack them with siege weapons of your own or maybe some Mountain Giants with clubs and they probably won't last long. They can't attack normal units, either.

I would think that the key is to get them on the way to your base, when they're most vulnerable.

What you all said is true. But instead of starting with 2 armor, they should start out with 0. I mean, when they attack your air units, or your buildings, it is so cheap...they take forever to kill.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Maybe you just need to upgrade faster and make an army faster. That seems to be the problem. By the time they upgrade Barrage, and get a few siege enginges, it seems you're not ready.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
In the hu vs ne it ends up often like this. In late game the human has a disadvantag. bears and dryads do own almost everything beside gryphons. But gryphons are no big deal cause he can jsut build a few hippos. And hippos + roar are no fun.
The human often doesn't have much of a choice then just doing tanks.
units with siege damage work pretty good but you usually don't have them with your bear/dryads strategy. And mountaingiants are pretty expensive for their damage cause they are tanks on not DDs.

>Maybe you just need to upgrade faster and make an army faster. That seems to be the problem. By the time they upgrade Barrage, and get a few siege enginges, it seems you're not ready.

You can only use this strategy if you do a fast expension wich means your units are stronger almost all the time. The only problems are his towers.
And you should be aware: 1. you don't need barrage and 2. this strategy relies on gold you saved before. Then you do 3-4 factories and then the tanks come pretty fast.

To counter this it makes sense to always be near the opponents bases and see what he does wile you prevent him from creeping. Then if he starts doing tanks he has to build the factories outside of base most of the time and they are easy taken down wile built. Then even if he manages to get a few tanks you can still chop them down on the way to your base and eventually slow or net them.

Oh, and the mass skeleton isn't that great plan. Ofc the siege dmg of wagons is nice but humans normally use casters in t2 including priests with dispel making the necromancers pretty worthles and then leaving the meant wagons without protection.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
For humans, there's another strategy, involving Archemage Level 6 and a few tanks.

What you do is use the sorcerors spell, invisibility, on a unit that can sneak into the enemy's base without notice. Then gather all the tanks with Archemage and then teleport it to the unit.

Bam! Instant wipeout. It's safer than to go frontline.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Everybody knows that:

Raiders pawns Siege Engine
Mortar Teams pawns Siege Engine
Mountain Giant pawns Siege Engine

I don't know about the undead :p
Frost wyrms with thier slow, some ghouls, and some meat wagons will do the trick. Thanks are very powerfull though.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Why take so much problem with the siege engines. It really depends on many things, if you are playing 3 on 3, then the story is different. Besides if you play 1 on 1 instead of taking problem with the siege engines, make a three batch of flying machines, they should ruin his base faster.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Maybe you just need to upgrade faster and make an army faster. That seems to be the problem. By the time they upgrade Barrage, and get a few siege enginges, it seems you're not ready.

Trust me, that's not the proble. I usually have mass chimaeras and hippogriphs by then.

Even if you use tauren or knights or abomination or something, it still takes very long to kill them...pretty annoying.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
abonomations pwns them i guess

Not really. Seige damage is needed i guess :p

The undead have the strongest hero spells though...
Meat wagons pwn them :D

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
You could use cold towers to slow the leading tanks so they fk up their formation, then use ur ghouls to block them before they get to the main.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Undead uses meat wagons... its the only really effective way. If your aggressive enough with Ud you don't have to worry about it anyways.

Honestly, if someone looks like they're going tanks just don't get any air. Level 6 am is pretty hard to get if you have one decent hero killer, so don't really worry about it too much. Mass ghouls work nicely against human if you pull it off right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.