Skins - Editing Skins in GIMP

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
NoxMortus said:
O.k I finally got the image extractor to work.

Now, I'm using GIMP to edit a Fel Kodo Beast skin. And I was wondering, is there a way to get the 'Select hand-drawn regions' tool to automatically select a part of the skin? Because I'm terrible at outlining the parts I want to edit via freehand. :(

You can make 2 duplicated layers. Then skin the layer whats above. Then erase the outlined skin and the layer, what is below, is shown. So you have perfectly coloured skins.

I will post advanced GIMP tutorial right after I go home(about 2-3 days).:)

F

fratleyslaye

Component 'Mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid

helpme readme states i need Visual Basic Dll files but there are a TON of them, which do i need or all of them?? :eek:

F

fratleyslaye

I downloaded VB2005, GIMP, image extracter, GTK, and the Visual Basic DLL files,(VB Dll files when extracted extract so quickly i cannot tell where they go, nor does it give me an option where to extract them) and i copyed the files from my war3 file. I still get the same error, what else besides that do I need. . .?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
You dont need visual basic files to work with GIMP...

fratleyslaye said:
Component 'Mscomctl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid

helpme readme states i need Visual Basic Dll files but there are a TON of them, which do i need or all of them?? :eek:

And you still didnt say what program gives you that error? Gimp, image extractor?:p

F

fratleyslaye

Image extracter :p

in the helpme.txt in image extracter folder i need visual basic dll files :confused:

F

fratleyslaye

i did some research on mscomctl.ocx and it came up this:

http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/?dlltype=file&pid=1248&S=1&l=55&alpha=mscomctl.ocx
http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/default.aspx?l=55&fid=172371

First one is a list of mscomctl.ocx and not many different things, next one is a program i chose at beginning of list :)

Those are all the programs that "mscomctl.ocx come with, could someone please tell me which of those I need? Please...

Edit*** Actually mscomctl.ocx is a file that was lost because I reformatted my computer to put a newer version of windows on it, this should be posted in your guide.
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/support_dll.phtml?dllname=MSCOMCTL.OCX

That fixed the problem ;)

B

bugi_bi

can you modify unit team color in gimp?...
you know that region on texture that takes color of player ingame...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I have a teeny bit of a problem with the Viewer. Instead of showing the skin in the corner, it shows a fuzzy grey/black/white grid, with part of the image spread out over the back, all in black/white.

I downloaded and installed all the files, including the library ones and stuff, what's wrong?

K

Knyves

fratleyslaye said:

I know what you're talking about. Here's a link to the file. You may have to sign up, though. Link

I'm totally new to GIMP. How do I save it as uncompressed?

K

Knyves

Well when I click "Save" it does just that. I don't see that menu. When I click "Save As", I still don't see it. Am I going crazy?

M

MysterySoul

Hmmm... changing Skins looks eays, but if i try to make own? I am too new...
And Thanks for the tutorial, it's good. :D

M

MysterySoul

Hey, how do i remove or add Skins? Or even create custom skins?? :eek:
Please, tell me...(i'm still new... ;) )

R

Reznoob

I saved the file, but I couldn't export the files and I don't know why. Any Ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.