Uryuu0244

Reaction score
im confused

i got lost at the import part can anyone help?:banghead:i cant get
the pic to come in my world editor :banghead:

Uryuu0244

Reaction score
i did that

i did that but after i put it in the manager i checked my map and it didnt come back:banghead:

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
how come my image extractor doesnt look anything like that????

plus on the top part it only says

Open Save

EDIT: nvm i fixed it cept i have problem on GIMP

it doesnt show colorize...

EDIT 2: k i fixed that again

i uncompressed the skin i was suppose to do but so far it still pops up the uncompressed msg

EDIT 3: o god im feeling such an idiot here

i got that to work for some reason

but when im trying to import it... well it shows on icon not unit...

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I did what you said, But when i open world edit, it looks like a picture
And in Wc3 its invisible, and i cant select it!

G

gabrielnunes

Help

Man, i really need some help.

Look, i have edite, saved again in blp but all in desktop, but i don't know what's happening cause when i place the path "Documents and Settings\Gabriel\Desktop\inuyashaClaws\inuyasha.blp" and i place the unit at the map apears a cube and say " Could not load etc etc "

What i have to do ?:confused::confused::confused:

TwiLight

Reaction score
Ei pardon me, Andrewgosu. I learn from this tutorial, i follow the instructions. But theres one slight error i see on your tutorial, When i open war3.mpq i see felhound.blp, right? Where's the felstalker.blp? not in war3.mpq, it is in war3x.mpq. I use Gimp, When i edit felhound.blp didnt see the result on WE, but when i edit felstalker.blp, it works seeing the new skin on WE:D. Just correct war3.mpq to war3x.mpq, U have to correct this for others like me who will read this tutorial and is still newbie. Got me confuse there. And why no one notice it. If your not busy there, update it. thanks.:cool:

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Andrewgosu, you are the best. Made skinning tutorial for the Gimp <3! You always make tutorials very professionally. Read thread and mostly people get stuck with giving to their imported texture right file path.

Units get their skin changed when you import to map new skin which uses same file path like default unit skin. How to find out skin file path?

In Warcraft 3 Viewer when you are in threeview write down on paper (or to text document) skin path. For example when you want to know which is Felhound skin path you look how branch moves. You start from 'Units' ( Without '' ! Uppercase is important! Write down as you see there written.) then move do 'Demon' and where you open folder named 'felhound' (notice lower-case f?) which contains image 'FelHound.blp'
Now it is time to put all these pieces together:
Code:
Units/Demon/felhound/Felhound.blp

Now import to World Editor your skin and tick box 'Use custom path' and paste 'Units/Demon/felhound/Felhound.blp' (without '' !) and press OK. Your Felhound now uses new skin in game.

If you want to convert *.tga files in Warcraft 3 Viewer to *.blp files then it can be done from Convert Files > BMP, TGA or JPG > BLP CRTL + V, first you pick image which you want to convert and press OK (*.tga) and then you can save it as *.blp format. Do not change image name because it needs to match with image name from *.mpq archive (where you first extracted it).

Who uses Warcraft 3 Image Extractor (II) then follow three-view tips for Warcraft 3 Viewer.

Importing skin to World Editor has nothing to do with Object Editor. Only one exception is to that. You need to look for some units who has different outlook in TFT than RoC. They got in Object Editor special data filed for using RoC or TFT skin path!

You can color skin freely, alpha channel on skin determines what can be seen and what not. Do not try to change alpha channel because it needs model overhaul itself to take effect.

EDIT: In Warcraft 3 Image Extractor has search function (Crtl + F) write your unite name in and it gives file paths associated with it. You can't copy paste it but still easier to write down.

ma5abre

Reaction score
Hello

I understand what you mean Sooda but I just wanted to double check:

When you enter the file path in the custom path box does this overwrite the original skin with your new one for good?

ma5abre

Reaction score
Wc3 Image Tool 2.0

how come my image extractor doesnt look anything like that????

plus on the top part it only says

Open Save

EDIT: nvm i fixed it cept i have problem on GIMP

it doesnt show colorize...

EDIT 2: k i fixed that again

i uncompressed the skin i was suppose to do but so far it still pops up the uncompressed msg

EDIT 3: o god im feeling such an idiot here

i got that to work for some reason

but when im trying to import it... well it shows on icon not unit...

I had the same problem of as you. If you browse back through this thread to a post from 'Grymlax' ("February 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM" #66) there is a link that directly downloads the Wc3 Image Extractor 2 the same version that appears in the tutorial screen shots.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> When you enter the file path in the custom path box does this overwrite the original skin with your new one for good?

Yes it does replace game files. Put some game files can not be overwritten when using same file path.

@ ma5abre

Nice find.

Vasito

Reaction score
Please can I have some help here.
I do all that is said in the tutorial I save the map. It gives me not all starting locations have been added. This is using the name Another warcraft map This is no longer mele map bla bla I press ok ok ok and then its saved on the Desktop. But when I click WE.exe again the new skin isnt there. The felhound is the same like before.
Also why in Units Humans in the Image extractor theres no Footman?
And why in some other programs like image extractor there is not only for .blp but theres the model and avatar?

Asaedry

Reaction score

so pretty much when i pull up my extractor it doesn't put the skins in nice little groups and all it has at the top is load and save... anybody know why?

also, when i try to load the skin into the editor it doesn't work.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Did I miss the friendly reminder that says it only works for TFT or does it simply work differently for RoC?

ImTheFAtKid

Reaction score
my image extractor when i click on it. comes up black and i cant do anything. tryed to dl it but still nothin :/ help!!! :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.