US News Sony cancels The Interview release amid threats

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Sony Pictures has cancelled the planned US release on 25 December of the film The Interview, after major cinema chains decided not to screen it.

The film is about a fictional plot to kill North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

Hackers have already carried out a cyber attack on Sony and warned the public to stay away from cinemas screening the film.

The US government said it was considering a "range of options" on how to respond to the attack.

"We know that criminals and foreign countries regularly seek to gain access to government and private sector networks - both in the United States and elsewhere," a National Security Council statement said, adding that the FBI was leading the investigation.

"We take very seriously any attempt to threaten or limit artists' freedom of speech or of expression."

Read more here.

I wonder if it's all just a giant marketing ploy? If not, that's really sad.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
America puts the "dic" in "dictator" :D No seriously, where is the problem, being depicted by an actor in a film made by some of the greatest comedians this world has to offer? Kim Jong Un should start realizing, that all these attempts to intimidate other Countries is absolutely stupid. North Korea is and will stay America's bitch. He's like Hitler, but stupid and fat as fuck.

I mean, take a look at this shit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548226/One-lump-two-How-crystal-meth-use-prevalent-North-Korea-offering-guests-equivalent-making-cup-tea.html
Or this shit: http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/09/20-things-i-learned-while-i-was-in.html

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.