Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
holy cow I can't wait for this movie. Star Wars is my childhood, I watched the original trilogy so many times I can't count. I also liked the prequel, even if it feels quite uninspired most of the time.

I have confidence in JJ Abrams for this.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt like the prequels at all. They looked like too much CGI.
What I LOVED about the original trilogy is that most of the creatures were actual props or actors in costume instead of computer animated. It just felt more real and mysterious this way.
What I also liked was that the stormtrooper armor was actually dirty in the original trilogy. When they were on tatooine they had sand everywhere. In the prequels the armor was always clean even in the heat of battle.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt like the prequels at all. They looked like too much CGI.
What I LOVED about the original trilogy is that most of the creatures were actual props or actors in costume instead of computer animated. It just felt more real and mysterious this way.
What I also liked was that the stormtrooper armor was actually dirty in the original trilogy. When they were on tatooine they had sand everywhere. In the prequels the armor was always clean even in the heat of battle.
Guess we won't know how it is until episode 7 comes out. If it's bad, well...

I'm not the hater type. If I don't like something, I just shrug and think like "next". If it's good, nice!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
The trailer sucks!

Really?

Cuz I loved every second of it lol.

This one should be good. They are doing practical effects again, building the sets, the animals, robots, etc. Of course CG will be used for the effects, but they are going back to the roots of the original trilogy. And they are shooting on film (as you can tell in the first shot when the stormtrooper comes up, the grain on him).

The prequels were fun but yeah, not that great. However, it seems J. J. Abrams has seen the errors and done well to keep it true to the original style. The lightsaber sound at the end... is Luke Skywalker's.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I somehow agree with firecat. The trailer sucks.
Nothing in it makes sense. Why does the camera have to fly around like crazy while you see the millenium falcon fly? Why does the lightsaber look like a cruel joke?
Is it supposed to be a parody of the original trilogy? I dont know...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
What's wrong with dynamic camera movements? It's certainly not shaky, like a Clash of the Titans type shaky-action cam where everything's a mess - you can see exactly what you need to see. Not everything needs to just be a traditional wide shot showing the scene.

There's been some hating going on the new lightsaber, which is just strange. Besides the fact that it's a fictional, insane universe, there's been plenty of explanations and arguments for both sides. I don't mind it and I don't see why people feel the need to mind it.

Anywho, it's a teaser, not a full out trailer yet. Nothing we've seen is given with context yet so people can speculate on what makes sense and what doesn't, but ultimately nothing's set in stone yet. Why does this supposed Sith have a forked lightsaber? Who said it was benificial? The Sith have supposedly been extinct now since Sidious' death, so there's no formal education for any new villains. He may have created this lightsaber himself for a very brash, aggressive new way of fighting.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a trailer though guys, it's a teaser. Trailers reveal plot points, teasers don't.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.