• 3 Adverage

Votes: 8 11.0%

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • 5 Awsome

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
B

Bwinks

You need to find/make, correct, compare, export, convert to wc3 format and THEN import.

but how do you do make them in the first place? when it comes to custom unit creation, all i can do is make a unit based on a previous unit and then customize it...

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
but how do you do make them in the first place? when it comes to custom unit creation, all i can do is make a unit based on a previous unit and then customize it...

You make them in a 3d modelling program like Maya, Strata, Milkshape, 3DSMax, Gmax, Blender. Then you animate them. Then you materialise or skin them. Then you export in a format that WC3 can understand. After that you can texturise or whatever else you need to do in the model. See here for more info (in order preferably).
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/modelingfaq.php
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/magos.php
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/unwrap.php
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/modelmaterial.php

Using WC3 modeller is not the same thing. Modifing a unit from an existing unit is not the same thing as modelling a new one. It may do the job for little things, but IMO it's better to make a unit from scratch. (Unless of course a modified pre existing one actually has most of the geosets/animations/textures that your after...:))

D

DuFFBeeR

I have tried to find these maps at wc3sear.ch and i cannot find them. can someone put these on filefront or soemthing. i really wanna play it

thx
-DuFF

D

DuFFBeeR

i seemed to found a version i dunno if its the latest but i was playing it... great work.. altho i did find a few bugs which i'm pretty sure you know a lot of them. but if u wanna get a hold of me on this matter maybe i found one you havent yet. E-mail me @ [email protected]

M

master yoda

Good job

c'mon i dont think like nuun of use gave him rep????
+rep

im alright at skinning if u need any help

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Tthank you helper for the 5 star rating bump. I do appreciate all the support everyone posts on my project and yes its still in development:) and with a ton of new Starcraft 2 stuff to look forward to in the new versions. Atm im still developing the neo lost temple map and development has been a bit slow:(. I just wanna make sure ive got the least amount of errors or glitches so i dont need to update the new maps straight away.

heres the list of current work being done atm.

MODELS

I'll start with the recent model developements I've finished making to all the custom Starcraft models in the project. Attachment points where added to all the models, which will allow for attack animations to appear during battles and Sprite fires will also appear on damaged Terran and Protoss buildings. Zerg buildings also got a big upgrade with all their birth animation pathings being correctly set. With this i can remove my birth trigger system as it is not needed anymore.

ICONS

In the lastest Neo Lost Temple map, i released a few Starcraft 2 style icons into the project as i was,at the time trying to create as close as possible look alike map as Starcraft 2 as i could. But I' come to realise I cant just copy Starcraft 2 as it is now, so I've been designing new icons that will look both like Warcraft III and Starcraft 2.

Ive also began making original style Starcraft icons for the campaign maps. These will become standard in all campaign maps from now on.

UNITS

The Terran Siege Tank has got a new attack animation, which will hopfully balance the tank out a bit better compared to previous version of the Siege tank. Also the Terran Firebat has been placed in the Factory due to increased HP, Damage and Armor improvements.

MULTIPLAYER MAPS

The nine current multiplayer maps are all in development. I've been hard at work adding in all the new and improved models and editing/changing/fixing all the regular problems which still needed work on. Once the new changes have been completed ill make an effort to release a few new maps to the project.

CAMPAIGN MAPS

The Boot Camp map has been getting a facelift in the new verison. I realised in the first released version i forgot to add original Starcraft icons, so i have created and added these new original sytle icons into the map. As for new remake campaigns, i havent started any new ones yet. But with the Boot Camp map now complete i can forward that completion to help create the other campaigns missions.

I apologise for the delay in releasing any new completed maps. I am really excited about the new updates and i am working as hard as I can to update all the maps as fast as I can.

Cheers

night_wolveX

Project Creator

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Maps Pack v6 Gameplay Video

With the project homepage making its 100th 'Watched Member' today, I've decided to give everyone a present for all their continual support and interest in my Starcraft project. The video clip is from very early testing of the new map updates I've been working on the past 6 months. A slight problem with game lag has come up for the protoss race and the usual glitches I've yet to fix are still present but other then that the maps are balanced and exciting to play.

Testing will continue for a few days and hopefully i can fix the lag problems soon so i can make the rest of the map set and release the new updates as soon as possible for everyone.

Check out the new video here;

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/videos

D

DragonHunter

Fungi004 from moddb.com said:
Nice :D Models looking smoother, so are the actions. Icons lookin hotter too. The only thing, IMO, you should change, is mutalisk attack projectile to "Item Poison" or whatever it was called, it looks more like a green ball which would suit mutalisks. As in for the sounds, I think they should be completely deleted. I'd rate your project 9/10 nevertheless :D, and I'm lovin it!

That was me, so there's my opinion :D!

night_wolveX

Reaction score
> and hopefully i can fix the lag problems soon

Are you using GUI actions? or in your team is good JASSers too?

umm im pretty mucht eh sole triggerist in the project and im getting my lag issues sorted with questions on forums websites such as this. Dont know if it has been fixed yet as i am waiting for my beta tester or some1 to help me test the new maps and see if the lag is still present.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Maps Pack v6 News

Its been a month since the last news update and i promised myself to post another batch of news the following month. So the good news is, the new map versions are in the final stages of development. With the months and months of work updating/developing and bug fixing from the version maps pack v5 ive finally completed the next set of updates and have already update all 9 sc maps. Ive also began making new maps to increase the amount of map variety for the project.

At this stage ive complete an extra 4 new maps and am now deciding on if any more new maps should be made. New maps round from Blood Bath, 4v4 Zero Clutter, 2v2 Zero Clutter and a 6 player Lost Temple map. But im considering other original sc maps to add to this maps pack.

A new units pack wont come out for a few more weeks as im rushing to get the new maps pack out asap for everyone. But The new units pack will have all the new and improved models/skins plus all the sc 2 material ive added to the new map versions.

To finsih this news batch off, ive obtained some new ingame screenshots which were taken during final beta testing. Ive had to make a few little changes with terrain and some minor bugs but other then that this is the new look to expect in the new map versions.

Enjoy

screenshot_1.jpg

screenshot_2.jpg

screenshot_3.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
OMG! You just took it to the next level!

BTW Whats that picture in the left? You modified the inventory?

night_wolveX

Reaction score
OMG! You just took it to the next level!

BTW Whats that picture in the left? You modified the inventory?

Thak you fhel, the picture is the scv portait thats in sc 2 unforutnately its just in the console skin and doesnt animate at all. But it still looks great.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Oh, so thats the new SCV I did not expect SC2's portraits would be this nice xD

night_wolveX

Reaction score
Maps Pack v6 Released To The Public

In November 2006 i released my maps pack version 5 to the world and since then thousands of people have downloaded and played my maps project from across the globe. It has taken me one year to bring the next installment for the Starcraft 1.5 Project. The maps pack version 6 will bring the absolute best quality maps that I have ever made and i have worked so hard to push my maps to the absolute limits and finally i have completed what should be the most amazing and unqiue Starcraft game anyone has ever seen.

The maps pack v6 will bring the lastest in Starcraft 2 graphics and gameplay to the project. Unit and building information and stats have been altered to match that of current Starcraft 2 settings. A range of new Starcraft 2 style Icons and new modified consoles from Starcraft 2 have enhanced the look of the new maps during gameplay. Model developments have created spectacular visual enhancements for ingame battle scenes and on top of all this the maps themselves have been given a much needed facelift.

screenshot_5.jpg

NEW MAPS

To start off, 4 brand new maps were created for the release of the new maps pack. These maps i had always wanted to make after the release of the maps pack v5 but with the release of Starcraft 2, i decided to postpone new map development and focus on learning more about the new sc game. The four new maps included are;

(6) Lost Temple
6 player Lost Temple map using the left hand and right hand corner expansions as new starting locations. Was quite popluar when first released on Starcraft bnet servers.

(4) 2v2 Zero Clutter
Another Zero Clutter map but this time its a 2v2 map.

(4) Blood Bath
Was one of my favoruite classic Starcraft maps back when i use to play. I entended to add this map with the first maps pack back in 2004 but due to the map being quite difficult to make at the time i left it for another day.

(8) 4v4 Zero Clutter
The new 4v4 player Zero Clutter map is rarely seen on Starcraft bnets servers due to lack of player interests but when a game is hosted its quite an exciting map to play so i figured why not transfer this excitment to my project.

The rest of the 9 original Starcraft 1.5 maps from the previous maps pack v5 have all been updated alot. Nearly all the new maps have new terrain layouts and textures. This was made to help increase customisation and keep the maps developing further. It also enhances the look of the maps too.

BUG FIXING

Regular bug fixing was also made but the maps still have some bugs that can be used to playerss advantage to some degree. To counter act this I've changed the damage system in the maps to that of Starcraft 2. Basically what they means is from now on all units do normal damage and no more negative damage bonus will occur (eg. tanks now do 70 points damage to all ground units in siege mode etc). Blizzard introduced this new system into Starcraft 2 to make it less confusing for players during battle scenes and i believed it would help balance my maps out from the previous versions with regards to protoss uberness and tank ownage. The only units that gained any increases in bonus damage was units that did concussive damage such as the Firebat, Vulture and Vindicator. They will do an +10 vs Light(small) units, such as marines/workers etc.

NEW MODELS AND SKINS

The old wc3 DuneWorm Model has been replaced by a custom made Zerg Larva Model

A Zerg Hive Model was also added to the project though it is an Alpha Model at the moment.​

Zerg_Hive.jpg

The Zerg Lurker model has been upgraded with new team colour tectures.​

Zerg_Lurker.1.jpg

UNIT DEVELOPMENTS

The Terran Command Center has been given a new Load ability to allow for SCV's to be loaded for effective base redeployment in the new maps. Was introduced by Blizzard in SC 2

The Terran Siege Tank has been upgraded in the new maps, it's attack animation has changed and now creates an expolsion bloomat the base of enemy units when attacking. This was done to help ehance gameplay animation and help terran players know what they are attacking alot more easierly then previous version. To keep the tank from becoming overpowered, the new attack animation has removed Splash damage bonus from the tanks attack and the tank can now only hit single targets at a time.

The Terran Marine has been given the new Comabt Shield upgrade from Starcraft 2 though no shield appears during gameplay the upgrade does increases the marines max health points by 15.

The Terran Firebat has been upgraded and moved to the Factory. This was done by blizzard during Starcraft 2 alpha testing and the Friebat was eventually given the chop in SC 2. This upgraded firebat now has more HP, more Armor and more Damage making it now a tier 2 unit.

GAMEPLAY DEVELOPMENTS

There have been quite a few gameplay developing done as well. Most of the changes where set to that of current Starcraft 2 settings but majority of the changes where decreased build times for most of the upgrades and unit specifications like HP, Armor etc where also altered. As stated eariler a new damage bonus system has now changed how units fight on the battlefield but should still keep the gameplay balanced and make players become more creative and inventive when choosing tactics and strategies during a match.

Download Maps Pack v6 Now:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/6470/starcraft-15-3d-conversion-maps/addons/10058/maps-pack-version-6

FhelZone

Reaction score
Do you plan to have more maps to this project to be installed on, I mean this terrain is already repetitive.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
yes sry i havent gotten any scrrenshots of the other 12 maps yet. Ive tried to mix up as many different wc3 textures into the maps as i can so there is plenty of variety. I do still want to make more sc maps but just wanted to release the new updates instead of putting it off with other maps.

night_wolveX

Reaction score
News Batch #1: Campaign Developments

To keep everyone more informed on the lastest going ons for the project, ive decided to follow the style of news boardcasting from the very popular Karuna news batchs. These new batchs will be number and labelled according to what the current work is being done on the project and ill continue to post new news every month.

Now, since the release of the lastes maps pack v6, its popularity has been growing everyday increasing the projects interest with fans. So i've now moved my focus to working on the conversion of all the Starcraft campagin mission. As you all know the Precauser Boot Camp campagin map was the first campagin my project released and now i want to perfect the map by converting as much of it to Starcraft i as can. This will then follow into the rest of the campagin maps, making it easier for me to convert maps. This is no easy task as i have found. With alot of skins needing to be converted from wc3 to sc. So the last few months ive been slowly creating skins to recreate the Starcraft look for things like the game menu screen and the victory/defeat score screens.

New Game Menu Skins

New_Starcraft_Style_Menu_Skin.jpg

The New Look Score Screen for Terran Victory

New_Starcraft_ScoreScreen.jpg

Along with the new skins, i also added team colours to the Blizzard Zergling model, as i leanred how to do this during the multiplayer map model and skin developments. The look is somewhat ok in my opinion. I think the greyness of the skin is what makes it look different compared to the Original Zergline unit in Starcraft. I might develop this skin before the final version is released but i am unsure how i would go about improving the skin further at this point.

New_Zergling_Team_Colour.jpg

New_Improved_Loading_screen.jpg

Theres still much more work to done, before i can start working on new campaign maps. But i can promise the wait will be worth it. I plan to not just release the new version of the Boot Camp map but hopefully ill have 3 new campaign maps done, to finish off the Precauser missions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.