Starcraft 2 Members' Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TheHelper.net has always been a site driven by user-submitted content, and as such, many of our members are working on projects within the SC2 editor.

Hopefuls wanting to showcase their new projects should post threads in the Starcraft 2 General Discussion Forum

Behold...

------------------------------------------------------
Custom Hero Arena

by Glorn2

F7Ukk.jpg

This is a classic hero-arena style map; with a lot of advanced options. That is to say players are spread into 2 teams of heroes. To win the game, players must kill each other. It is not strictly a PvP style game though. Players must kill monsters who spawn in the arena to gain minerals and gain experience. If you try to focus entirely on PvP, you will get outleveled, which means you will have less stats, lower leveled abilities, and worse items. It is important to kill creeps. Killing players is how you win, and also offers bonus minerals.

What sets this game apart from normal hero-arena style maps (which do not exist on SC2) is the level of customization. In this, you select a hero skin, then you select 4 abilities and "innate" attributes. After that, you distribute stats however you want. The video below explains it all quite clearly.

Learn more about the project in the project's thread!
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/custom-hero-arena.153187/

SC: Leaders

by unju

scleadersico.png

A competitive and dynamic small-scale RTS where the players fight for control of neutral buildings and in which individual units go up in ranks.

The map contains unique systems such as: 6 types of neutral buildings, each one offering different bonuses, which can be upgraded and receive addons._

The game also consist of a large variety of standard units and different types of "meta-army" composition, focusing on close-range combat_

Best of all it has a fast start to get everyone involved.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/project-sc-leaders.151863/

Banelings

by Siretu and Bloodcount

attachment.php

Banelings is a 4-player Free-for-all map taking place on a modified Metalopolis. It's currently being developed by team Celesti(which is just a fancy way of saying me and Bloodcount). There are three points of interest on the map. There are two tentacles(that act like control points) on the opposite sides of the map and there's also a huge nydus worm in the middle. The goal is to be the first to gain 100 points. Points are gained by feeding the nydus worm in the middle by simply rolling your banelings into it.

However, you can't just roll them in there, you have to control at least one of the tentacles to be able to feed the nydus. If you control both of them, you'll earn extra point for each baneling you feed. By killing the enemy banelings, you get minerals with which you can buy upgrades. These upgrades can be applied to a bunch of banelings by your hatchery. An upgraded baneling has a different effect when it explodes. It might explode into a psi storm or maybe it creates a ring of force field to block or trap enemy banelings.

To say that the map is easy to learn, but hard to master would be extremely true. It's easy to just take your banelings(which spawn automatically, up to a cap) and go blow up your opponents' banelings but with better micro you can accomplish so much more. The skill roof is EXTREMELY high.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/banelings.150665/

Cruiser Command
by Siretu

a9PL8.jpg

This map is based on the Warcraft 3 custom map Cruiser Command.

Cruiser command is a cooperative map between two teams. Simply put, each team controls one battlecruiser and the goal is to kill the opponent's battlecruiser.

The map plays out in space but one of the main aspects of the game is the inside of the battlecruiser. Not only can you fly around in space, you can also run around inside the battlecruiser.

This is vital part of the game because managing a battlecruiser is not an easy task. There's a multitude of things for all the crew members to do and when you are in battle with the enemy on your heels, your shield offline and 3 crew members unconscious you will wish you had three times the crew members.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/cruiser-command.149728/

Square Control
by Siretu

attachment.php

Square control is grid-based map where the goal is to capture all the squares.

More squares leads to additional income that is necessary to compete against the enemy forces.

Playable with up to 8 people. Play free-for-all, in teams of two or in teams of four.

You can even play against a custom-made AI, but if you do, don't forget to come prepared. Even though the AI doesn't cheat, you will find it next to impossible to beat without a couple of friends on your side.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/square-control.149660/

Rethos Temple
by X-maul and Kyuft

attachment.php

Rethos Temple is a map consisting of 4 teams, each with 2 players.
The teams are located in bases, one in each corner of the map, you will have to send units from your 'Summoning Pedestal' to increase you periodic income, received every 30 second.
Additionally you will have a hero to help defend your base and defeat the enemy teams.

The map will also include unique abilities for each of the heroes which will have a high amount of levels.
There will probably be a level cap of 150 or something like that, as there will be a lot of progression and increase of health and damage for the units send against the enemies, so will it be for the heroes.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/rethos-temple.149658/

Deep Space Murder
by Monsterous

attachment.php

Deep Space Murder is a Murder Mystery type game, just like Murder in the Mansion from WC3 and other murdery mystery type games. Using the setting of a sector of a space port, you'll be either trying to kill the Victims, or hide from the Killer! Using vents and hatches, you can navigate around the sector easily - or enter rooms that were locked, or barricaded. Just like Murder in the Mansion, you'll guess who the Killer is - and if guessed correctly, you'll stop the Killer escaping --- by killing the Killer!

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/deep-space-murder.139461/

Rush the Core
by Kelv

Zerg occupy a planet containing a powerful substance around its core. They have started to harvest it but don't understand it's power. The Terran and Protoss have been researching this substance and know how to utilize it. Over the course of the game, the zerg become stronger as they learn how to incorporate the substance with their army. Meanwhile the Terran and Protoss are eager to take over the planet and harvest the substance for themselves.

Teams A and B have to push their way to the center of the map and wipe out the bad guys base. In the way are three indestructible walls blocking your forces progressing until the proxy base at each wall is destroyed. However, each time a proxy is destroyed, the bad guys send out a stronger army. The first team to destroy the bad guys base wins the game. The game is against the other player and against the clock. It can be played with 1-8 players.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/rush-the-core.138573/

Archi Maps
by Archivian

attachment.php

Archivian is making a series of 1v1 melee maps, each series with a different theme. The maps emphasize a well-balanced, epic-designed terrain.

Learn more about the project in the project's threads:

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.