"Steam Servers Are Too Busy To Handle Your Request"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Hello All,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum (not sure if I should have put it in tech support forum or not).Last night I had a friend buy me Just Cause 2 on Steam and then gift it to me; however, when I tried to install it, it came up with an error saying that the Steam servers were too busy. Figuring that this was just due to it being Friday night, I waited until this morning. I tried installing the game again at 7:30 in the morning, and got the same error. When I tried to visit the Steam support site, I got the same error in my web browser. Has anyone encountered errors such as these? How did you fix them?

EDIT: I just tried installing Civilization V through Steam and it worked without any problems; however, Just Cause 2 still will not work. Ideas?

Thanks,
Mahu

Mahucharn

Reaction score
I've got Spybot Search & Destroy and Norton running, I'll try disabling them temporarily.

EDIT: Tried disabling both of them, neither the site nor the game had fixed.

Second edit: It seems to be installing on my brother's computer (which is right next to mine). I played the demo version of this game, is it possible that it would make me unable to install?

Mahucharn

Reaction score
Got this from Steam and it worked.

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).
Delete all of the contents of this folder except:
The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (If 'exe' is not visible, look for the black and white Steam icon)
Restart your computer.
Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.
With Steam running, re-test the original issue.
Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.
If the issue persists, view the following article for further troubleshooting:
Title: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Link: [1] http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.