Report Study of 79 countries: Religiosity linked to anti-gay attitudes — but effect smallest among Buddhist

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Research published in the Journal of Homosexuality has investigated how a person’s and a country’s religious orientation can influence their view of homosexuality, and can affect one’s level of homonegativity — which can be defined as “an aversion to homosexuality as a social practice or way of life.”

The necessity for research stems from data collected by the World Values Survey, which discovered a decrease in negative views towards homosexual behavior in western cultures. However, this decrease in homonegativity is not universal to all countries. For example, Eastern cultures such as China have demonstrated the same levels for several years.

“This high level of cross-country variance leads us to the fundamental question: How can the varying degrees of homonegativity be explained? In focusing primarily on religion and religiosity as determinants of homonegativity, this article takes a specific perspective, while well-known determinants of homonegativity such as age or education are controlled for,” researchers Sebastian Jackle and George Wenzelberger wrote in their study.

The study examined 79 countries and assessed their homonegativity in relation to religiosity. The researchers took into account participants’ reports on whether they believe themselves to be religious or not, how much of an influencing factor God is in their life, and the characteristics of both the individual participants and the country itself in relation to its current and past political positioning.

Read more here. (PsyPost)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I was about to say I don't think religiosity is a word, but spell check says it is. I still disagree, that just sounds dumb and looks hard as fuck to pronounce.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I was about to say I don't think religiosity is a word, but spell check says it is. I still disagree, that just sounds dumb and looks hard as fuck to pronounce.

What noun would you use to replace "religiosity", spelling and pronunciation wise?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
religiosity is when you are religiously religiciously religic.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What noun would you use to replace "religiosity", spelling and pronunciation wise?
I don't know. I probably would have formed the entire sentence differently. maybe like "Religion linked to whatever in whatever". I just flows weird. I mean, the article is pretty redundant anyway - it's well established fact that religion is linked to anti-gay attitudes in pretty much every country. There aren't a lot of atheists rolling about with signs saying God started these wars because there's a dude fucking another dude somewhere. I think a better article would be titled "Religious people again confirmed prejudice against anything that religious leaders don't agree with." Ideally linked to an article about some fag bishop raping another alter boy to confirm the duality of religious bullshit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.