Report Survey suggests grilled cheese lovers have more sex, are more generous

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Your grilled cheese sandwich preferences could reveal a lot about you. If you like the simplicity of American cheese, maybe you're easygoing. Need to have a 15-year aged cheddar? Maybe you're a little high maintenance — just a little.

According to a new survey of its members by the social networking/dating site Skout, if and how you like your grilled cheese says something about your sex life.

The company surveyed 4,600 people and found that 73% of grilled cheese lovers have sex at least once a month, compared with 63% of those who don't love grilled cheese. And 32% of grilled cheese lovers have sex at least six times a month, compared with 27% of non-grilled cheese lovers.

The survey also discovered that 81% of its participants who love grilled cheese say they have donated time, money or food to those in need. And 84% of grilled cheese fans love to travel, compared with 78% of those who aren't fans.

Read more here. (LA Times)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Once a month? What kind of pathethic people are we talking about here?

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, wtf kind of questions were they surveying people on, here?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as I understood this wasnt a survey and more data mining, statistical analysis of already available data. Its a dating website. I guess every member of the site has to answer a bunch of useless questions and based on the answeres people are matched to each other.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And among those are "How regularly do you eat grilled cheeses?" Because, you know, I eat grilled cheeses 5+ times per week, and I can't be having no 2-3 times per month ho all up in my shit about it.

KMilz

Reaction score
I didn't realize so many adults still ate grilled cheese sandwiches on a regular basis. Does this also suggest that poor people have more sex, because I can't see middle class working dads eating grilled cheeses a few times a week.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
There is very expensive cheese you can get. I was at a few fancy schmancy parties where people where cheese that goes for hundreds of €. You can grill that too if you are into that kind of stuff you friendly sex machine.

Varine

Reaction score
I didn't realize so many adults still ate grilled cheese sandwiches on a regular basis. Does this also suggest that poor people have more sex, because I can't see middle class working dads eating grilled cheeses a few times a week.

It's easy, fast, cheap, and filling. And easily variable. Throw in some ham or a few different cheeses, and what have you?! Deliciousness. Why wouldn't a busy, middle class working dad not eat grilled cheeses?

There is very expensive cheese you can get. I was at a few fancy schmancy parties where people where cheese that goes for hundreds of €. You can grill that too if you are into that kind of stuff you friendly sex machine.

What, like an aged Bitto or Gruyere, or the really rare cheeses made from donkeys and shit? You wouldn't use that for a grilled cheese man, don't be stupid. That would be terrible, like you might get away with a few of the higher priced ones, but not many.

KMilz

Reaction score
I get using it as the base of a sandwich with meat, maybe some grilled veggies and what not, but a plain ol' grilled cheese is for kids, poor people and hippies (who're generally poor, as well). After you put something other than cheese in it, it's a different sandwich altogether.

Varine

Reaction score
That's like saying pasta is for adults, and adding ingredients doesn't make it a different thing. Your consensus of food is almost insulting.

KMilz

Reaction score
That's like saying pasta is for adults, and adding ingredients doesn't make it a different thing.
No, it's like saying pasta is for adults and adding ingredients does make it into a different thing. But comparing pasta to grilled cheese is dumb, a better comparison would be pasta to sandwiches or spaghetti to grilled cheese. Now, there are some variations you can make to spaghetti (i.e., meatballs, meat sauce, italian sausage, variations on the tomato sauce) and everyone would still identify it as spaghetti. But you go and change that tomato sauce into an alfredo and you don't call it spaghetti anymore, you call it alfredo. It doesn't matter that the pasta is technically spaghetti because that is not what's considered to be a spaghetti dish in America. Same principal applies to grilled cheese. You can change the cheese and still call it a grilled cheese, but once you start putting corned beef and sauerkraut in there you may as well call it a fucked up reuben. That is not a grilled cheese anymore. Give one of these sandwiches you're talking about to a kid and tell him it's a grilled cheese, he'll tell you you're a liar.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I like frying thin slices of ham and throwing it in the middle of my grilled cheese.

After I have copious amounts of sex.

KMilz

Reaction score
I like frying thin slices of ham and throwing it in the middle of my grilled cheese.

After I have copious amounts of sex.
A grilled ham and cheese is a classic grilled sandwich. Can't go wrong.

Varine

Reaction score
No, it's like saying pasta is for adults and adding ingredients does make it into a different thing. But comparing pasta to grilled cheese is dumb, a better comparison would be pasta to sandwiches or spaghetti to grilled cheese. Now, there are some variations you can make to spaghetti (i.e., meatballs, meat sauce, italian sausage, variations on the tomato sauce) and everyone would still identify it as spaghetti. But you go and change that tomato sauce into an alfredo and you don't call it spaghetti anymore, you call it alfredo. It doesn't matter that the pasta is technically spaghetti because that is not what's considered to be a spaghetti dish in America. Same principal applies to grilled cheese. You can change the cheese and still call it a grilled cheese, but once you start putting corned beef and sauerkraut in there you may as well call it a fucked up reuben. That is not a grilled cheese anymore. Give one of these sandwiches you're talking about to a kid and tell him it's a grilled cheese, he'll tell you you're a liar.

Spaghetti is a disgusting travesty of a meal. Do not bring that bullshit up to me.

Now, changing a red sauce into an Alfredo is totally different, I mean that obviously isn't close, but I doubt you would be quite as keen moving from an Alfredo to, say, a garlic cream bechamel even though they are totally fucking different (even more so than a grilled cheese/ham 'n cheese); just like using shrimp and crab is than chicken, or taking a grilled cheese into a motherfucking Rueben, where the cheese is no longer a primary attribute due to the addition of two very strong ingredients, and then you would be putting on a traditional rye. Your talking about distinctive sets of well-recognized meals with your attempts at explaining yourself. But in general if I throw some ham or bacon or some bullshit in there, then becomes a grilled cheese with motherfucking ham or bacon. If you so desire you could call it a grilled ham and cheese, however the difference between that is both subtle and semantic, and not pragmatic to the actual issue at hand.

And as far as the opinions of children go for food I couldn't care less, because they don't know enough for me to value their opinion as useful critics.

KMilz

Reaction score
Now, changing a red sauce into an Alfredo is totally different, I mean that obviously isn't close, but I doubt you would be quite as keen moving from an Alfredo to, say, a garlic cream bechamel even though they are totally fucking different (even more so than a grilled cheese/ham 'n cheese);
Not exactly sure what you're trying to say in this travesty of a sentence. That I'd call a bechamel without Parmesan an Alfredo just because it's a cream sauce? Or because red sauce and Alfredo are so different, it's not a relative comparison? Because meat and cheese are about as different as red sauce and alfredo. I mean, two both go on a sandwich, two both go on pasta, they've both got very distinctive flavors. I just don't know what the fuck you're trying to say.
[...] just like using shrimp and crab is than chicken, or taking a grilled cheese into a motherfucking Rueben, where the cheese is no longer a primary attribute due to the addition of two very strong ingredients, and then you would be putting on a traditional rye.
Again, you're just rambling. Either write coherently or don't write.
Your talking about distinctive sets of well-recognized meals with your attempts at explaining yourself.
You say that like grilled cheese isn't a distinctive, well-recognized meal. How is it different from anything else mentioned?
But in general if I throw some ham or bacon or some bullshit in there, then becomes a grilled cheese with motherfucking ham or bacon.
When you throw some bacon and cheese or some bullshit on a burger at the restaurant you work at, is that just called a 'hamburger' like a regular hamburger is? Is that the name it's given on the menu? Or do you actually call it a hamburger with bacon and cheese? No, you don't do either of those because that's not what the fucking food is called. It's a bacon cheeseburger. Same reason you don't title something as 'grilled cheese' on the menu and then fill it with shit that's not in a grilled cheese - you're making a different sandwich at that point.
If you so desire you could call it a grilled ham and cheese, however the difference between that is both subtle and semantic, and not pragmatic to the actual issue at hand.
It is not semantic. If you tell someone you're giving them a grilled cheese and don't specify what all you're putting in there, they will automatically assume they're getting a grilled cheese instead of whatever sandwich you're giving them. This is why we have different words for different things, so that we can convey meaning easily and without having to guess at the interpretation. If you start calling a bunch of similar things by one name, how the hell is anyone supposed to know what you're actually talking about without further clarification? You're basically arguing against the point at which language has evolved to. Use words how we've designed them to be used!
And as far as the opinions of children go for food I couldn't care less, because they don't know enough for me to value their opinion as useful critics.
That's understandable, but I was trying to explain that your poor word choice would result in confusion and displeasure for those you were serving, something you very well might not care about.

Varine

Reaction score
Dude my menu is fucking ridiculous, we have four grilled cheeses. We have three eggs benedict, four to six steaks at any given time, like six different fruit and yogurt dishes, some five kinds of fish and a variety of other seafoods, four burgers, six breads, nine omelettes, eight options for eggs, three different platings for pancakes, and prime rib every night. Off the top of my head. My point being, what's on a menu, especially the one where I work, is fucking bullshit. Why do we do this? I believe mostly because the people who write my menu are trying to make life very difficult for me, but also because if you slap a neat, full title and a little description people will pay four dollars more for fifty cents of something that I probably would throw away otherwise. Believe me it's fucking stupid, and is entirely about some fucked up marketing scheme.

Now interestingly enough though, none of our grilled cheeses are "grilled ham and cheese". Rather, just whatever the grilled cheese is, and blow it is a list that says "add ham" whatever the fuck it costs. Same with the burgers, you can get all sorts of shit.

So where is it that you draw the line? If I use brie or cream cheese is that still a grilled cheese? Traditionally it's American. What about some spinach? Does that make it a grilled cheese florentine? Obviously you would want to know if they're in there, but that doesn't change the basic fact that if it's grilled, and cheese is the primary attribute, it's just a fucking a grilled cheese. With some other shit in it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.