The Art of the Seth

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Photoshop Art

Keep in mind that I am no master of Photoshop. I'm mostly a sketch artist and anything I do with Photoshop is usually simply coloring a sketch or mixing up the filters on photos to get a picture I enjoy. However, sometimes the art is really in the photography, the piece that has the effects on it, so I've decided to keep this part of my gallery instead of saying it's not "artsy" enough.

Sketch Art​

When I was younger, I was actually a horrible artist. I made very bad, fruitless attempts to draw just about anything and after awhile, I gave up. In my mid-teens, I met a teacher who was formerly an artist and he made me want to try again and this time, improve. After awhile, I did and I believe my sketch work to be the best art I can do. I still struggle with my own ideas, but I tend to draw what I see very well.

Sketch Art - Hellsing Art​

Sketch Art - Miscellaneous Art​

Sketch Art - Original Art​

Sketch Art - Priest Art​

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I like screwed. It's awesome and the big tear on the side of the guy's head kinda reminds me of anime movies

DM Cross

Reaction score
Wow, that was fast...

Sqrage: Yeah, I can never get my proportions right... Do you sketch or draw? If you do, and you're better at proportions then I am (which ain't too hard to be), please advise.

Jen: Yeah, that's what I was aiming for. I didn't know any other way to show distress, since I'm not great at drawing people and expressions and stuff...

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Idol hands: I like, though I don't see an idol in the hands, I see a fireball not unlike the ones I throw at nubs in CoD.

Believe: I also like, it looks like something you could drop on the floor in a church to get the congregation to start passing rumors about each other until they start making bold faced accusations against each other for being a heretic.

Balance: No real comment, just a decent reinterpreation of yin/yang.

Wings: The runes and the picture just don't quite blend with each other. The runes look like the letters on one of those kid's building blocks - you know the oversized A B C. Be more effect if they were done in more of an "engraving" style - like this http://www.dwemer.whirlingschool.net/images/RunePic2.jpg

A World Ablaze: The main continent in the world looks like a tooth!

Nightmare: Separated at birth? http://www.catsuka.com/interf/gengal/sketches/batman/batman/modelsheets/joker.gif

Ramuh: Another nice runey thing. A lot of these are reminiscent of tattoo art I've seen.

Elf: Well uh, keep trying heh. I can tell this one was drawn freeform. Dude, he stole Donkey Kong's teeth.

Heart: Nice touch how you extended little pieces of the other onto the one.

Serpent Demon: Not bad, a bit of touching up and this can be pretty good.

Screwed: T.T no rush 20 minute

Karma and Effect: I'm a big fan of black eyes on evil things - glossy black eyes. Really adds to the creep factor.

Anti-Smoking: Ah, perhaps the greatest evil featured in your work, the tobacco companies.

DM Cross

Reaction score
ROFL, Sud, when I saw you on this post for like 5 minutes, I knew I was getting some feedback :)

Idol hands: I like, though I don't see an idol in the hands, I see a fireball not unlike the ones I throw at nubs in CoD.

Erm... Yeah, that should say IDLE Hands. It's an older movie, ever seen it? Kid who does almost NOTHING gets possessed by Satan, but only his one hand. He eventually cuts it off and the hand runs around trying to kill his new girlfriend to bring himself into our world. Very cool. (Evil hand, Idle Hands... Get it now?) So that's my crappy spelling.

Believe: I also like, it looks like something you could drop on the floor in a church to get the congregation to start passing rumors about each other until they start making bold faced accusations against each other for being a heretic.

Look up Believe, Disturbed on Google. You'll know what it's from.

Balance: No real comment, just a decent reinterpreation of yin/yang.

I have a yin-yang fetish... I have another one where it's a big yin-yang and the dots are eyes. The dark side has horns, while the white side has a halo. Same message, different concept?

Wings: The runes and the picture just don't quite blend with each other. The runes look like the letters on one of those kid's building blocks - you know the oversized A B C. Be more effect if they were done in more of an "engraving" style - like this http://www.dwemer.whirlingschool.net/images/RunePic2.jpg

Ooh, I need to learn how to do that.

I think I was going for... Uh... Tablets? I don't know, the old stone things people used to carve their writing on before paper.

A World Ablaze: The main continent in the world looks like a tooth!

Yeah, I need work with my continents. Really need to google a good reference for this, but I never thought about it at the time, and by the time it was done, I didn't want to go back and re-do it...

No one has EVER made that connection. The face is really a bit from Joker, and a bit from the old Disturbed logo, from The Sickness CD. The top ORIGINALLY read "Rippin' through the walls of your nightmares!", which is a line from a Disturbed song. Get it? Claw marks. Scary face behind it. "Rippin' through the walls of your nightmares!". See, these things make sense in my head...

Ramuh: Another nice runey thing. A lot of these are reminiscent of tattoo art I've seen.

Tribal, not runey. I have pages of this sort of thing. My first one looked like a devil, but I'd need to find it.

Elf: Well uh, keep trying heh. I can tell this one was drawn freeform. Dude, he stole Donkey Kong's teeth.

Uh... Yeah :eek: First attempt at something like this... The colored one was experimenting with the types of colors and tools I had around the room... Odd effect.

I liked how the fireball came out, though! :D

Heart: Nice touch how you extended little pieces of the other onto the one.

No one has yet to figure out why the Angel's wing has a bone in it.

Care to take a gander?

Serpent Demon: Not bad, a bit of touching up and this can be pretty good.

Used a reference ... :D Heh. But I didn't trace or anything, I detest tracing. Just looked and sketched.

Screwed: T.T no rush 20 minute

Yeah, I've heard the critism for this. Neck's too long and jaw's too "gorilla"ish for the guy on the left. The background is actually from a different panel in the comic book I was looking at, then the two people in front, so... Uh... Odd combination, plus the people were much in a much CLOSER panel then the background was, so less detail/etc. etc.

Karma and Effect: I'm a big fan of black eyes on evil things - glossy black eyes. Really adds to the creep factor.

Look up "Karma and Effect, Seether" to find what I was looking at... My scanner sucks, man! Shading was hardly picked up. Cut off the left of the plugs in the face. Dammit!

Anti-Smoking: Ah, perhaps the greatest evil featured in your work, the tobacco companies.

My ex loves you for this statement.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Wow, that was fast...

Sqrage: Yeah, I can never get my proportions right... Do you sketch or draw? If you do, and you're better at proportions then I am (which ain't too hard to be), please advise.

i dont draw so i asked my sis she says measure. i guess she means when your using reference pictures and then after i while youll kinda be able to do it on your own i think.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Hmm, not bad.

sqrage said:
the bodies are too big i think thats the most visible flaw of the people

Agreed. But hey, bodies; I hate drawing them, I can do real good anime heads, but when it comes to the body I screw it up usually (unless I work on them for a while).

Keep at it. Visit some sites to get some Tips on how to fix and make some things look better.

-Husky

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
the last three, and heart(man, that was really cool) were really good. But the others pretty much sucked. Elf and Elf(colored) are both unbelivably unrealistic, and look like they were done by a three year old. I'm sorry. :eek:
The first one, was ok, and the second one...if you had a ruler you can do it in 10 mins. But it's pattern was good. In fact, all the ones without living things were good. GJ alexander. After all, i shouldn't crticize what I probably couldn't do better than.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
OH HO!
Ok there's a face in nightmare. this whole freakin time I just thought it was indian feathers in a funky design. It took the joker pic to make me look at nightmare closer and see the face.
Don't feel bad, it's not you, it's me. At work we have this kid's t-shirt. It's a bunch of surfboards standing up next to each other in funky design colors. Three weeks we have the shirt before a customer points out how much they like how the designs make a shark in the middle. whatwhat? Oh how cool! Ya. I can also never see the magic eye things. I don't really believe there is a hidden image. It's all a HOAX a Hoax I tell you! and people don't wanna seem stupid by saying, I don't see a sailboat! So they say, oh ya, A sailboat! you know they don't see jack! LOLOLOL

DM Cross

Reaction score
ROFL @ Jen :D Spaz.

Yeah, I just remembered that a body should be 8 heads tall... Damn, wish I knew that.

And yes, the Elves suck...

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
and anime isnt?
erm, it is...and isn't, but that WASN'T anime. Anime is all good when you don't have fireballs and lighting shooting out of your feet while 300 ft in the air.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Whoa that was alotta posts inbetween this one and my last one, in what? 10 minutes :p
-Husky

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Idol Hands:

Needs to be seriously shaded. The geomotry (God damnit, took me forever to freaking spell this word. Who cares if I didn't spell it right) isn't half bad, but the arm's sleeve is WAY to straight. No sleeve is that straight. Good job nonetheless.

Believe:

Some of the lines aren't straight, some are to dark and darker than the others, and it also seems to be a little tilted. The box itself is also tilted to much.

Balance:

I'ms till trying to figure this out. I can understand the flame, but the flame seems to integrated with the circle itself. The rain on the other side is just...Way to slanted and isn't falling straight down.

Wings:

Very good job. Proportions are accurate, and the shading is well done.

One thing though:

Is this Batman's evil twin? The picture seems as if we're lo0oking at the back of a cleaner and more symbolic Batman.

A World Ablaze:

Good picture, but the continents look horrendous. When looking from a stelite down, there ren't lines depicting the different countries. Those lines need to be removed and the middle finger needs to stick out a bit more, because it looks as though the flesh on it is almost going into the sphere.

Nightmare:

Good picture, but physics is a bit off. When someone rips through a thick paper or cloth as seen in the picture, all the rip marks need to be going the same way. It looks as if he was ripping it with his claw down, and going up. But as the beginning rip marks at the bottom, it looks the other way around. That needs to be fixed. The face isn't too bad, but the eyes seem to close together, and you could make them a bit more real by not centering them with the marks. A good technique is to draw the face on a seperate sheet, then integrate it behind the claw marks. Looks creepier and more real.

Ramuh:

One thing about art is depicting something symbolic or meaningful, but making it visible and so people can depict what it is. This looks like a conglameration of different lines. Proportions aren't too bad, but again, it looks very odd.

Elf:

You've already heard my opinion on this. It's good, but far from your best. The teeth make me want to rip my eyes out with a flame-stoked knife.

Heart:

Proportions are off and I have no idea what the hell that black thing is doing on the angel wing.

The bone looks as if it's a 'deceptive' angel. Devious good side, such as evil Angels when they turn into Demons and what-not.

Colored Elf:

No offense, but I think my eyes might be bleeding. The lines are way off, the pen lines are very poorly done, and those fingers. OMG.

Snake:

Is he deformed? He has two arms on one side, and one on the other. The chest looks like a conglameration of bones that someone through into his body. They need to be more defined. The fire isn't destructive enough. There should be smoke and there should be cracks around the hole to make it look like it protruded from the Earth, and not as much like a Cauldron.

Screwed:

Not bad. Few things though:

The dragon's tooth looks painted on and needs to be integrated with the bottom lip. I know ears are hard, VERY hard, but you need to work on the Elf's ears and lip a bit. The lip needs to be shaded a bit as well as the ear.

The dragon is TOO defined, if you ask me. Work on making the jaw a bit more circular and making the lip not so steak-like. It looks like I could rip it off, put it on my plate, and I would have myself a steak.

Karma and Effect

I know where your inspiration comes from, and don't take this offensively, but:

Dear God! What have you done to this picture? It looks like you took the original picture and put it in an oven for 40 minutes!

The eyebrow is WAAAAY to big, my god. I have no idea what's in the bottom right corner, and the pupil or whatever that is is WAY to big. Eyelashes are to numerous and to short. I can barely comment on this because half the things in there I can't really tell what theya re...Is the thing above his eye an eyebrow or some marking or what-not? If it isn't, he needs an eyebrow, or a less bushy and unmarked one.

Smoking thing:

Nice effect, I like how it's smoke-like and it's curved throughout the picture. Mouth needs some work and needs to be more faded and the eyes need to be less defined. The writing at the bottom also needs to be a bit darker. A BIT.

Overall, good job. But on some of those, you basically took them to the cleaners, through them in the trash, then marked over them. Again, no offense, but my honest opinion is: The colored Elf looks prety bad, and isn't your best. The Karma and Effect one makes me want to cry. Overall, good job, you have some very good talent!

DM Cross

Reaction score
Just a note:

My scanner SUCKS for sketches. It doesn't pick up half the shading, and I noticed you were seriously down on the Karma and Effect, which is mostly shading. I garuntee you, if you saw the real copy, you wouldn't think it's the same thing. Ditto with the Anti-Smoking. I've been trying to work on my shading, so that's what a lot of the newer picture you see will have, shading that you can't see -.-

Idol Hands:

Needs to be seriously shaded. The geomotry (God damnit, took me forever to freaking spell this word. Who cares if I didn't spell it right) isn't half bad, but the arm's sleeve is WAY to straight. No sleeve is that straight. Good job nonetheless.

Thank you, and good point. I never really thought of that.

Believe:

Some of the lines aren't straight, some are to dark and darker than the others, and it also seems to be a little tilted. The box itself is also tilted to much.

The lines started OUT straight, but coloring in the black screwed that up a bit.

I wish I could say the picture was tiled when I scanned it, but that's not true. You're right, Conan, the image itself tilts to the right -.-

Balance:

I'ms till trying to figure this out. I can understand the flame, but the flame seems to integrated with the circle itself. The rain on the other side is just...Way to slanted and isn't falling straight down.

Ever seen a picture with the rain coming down at a slant, due to wind? That's what that was about... I didn't want anyone to think it was bleeding :D The right side is really a cloud, which is rainning out.

Wings:

Very good job. Proportions are accurate, and the shading is well done.

One thing though:

Is this Batman's evil twin? The picture seems as if we're lo0oking at the back of a cleaner and more symbolic Batman.

ROFL, never heard that before. :D

A World Ablaze:

Good picture, but the continents look horrendous. When looking from a stelite down, there ren't lines depicting the different countries. Those lines need to be removed and the middle finger needs to stick out a bit more, because it looks as though the flesh on it is almost going into the sphere.

Yeah, like I said... Need to buy my ass a globe.

Nightmare:

Good picture, but physics is a bit off. When someone rips through a thick paper or cloth as seen in the picture, all the rip marks need to be going the same way. It looks as if he was ripping it with his claw down, and going up. But as the beginning rip marks at the bottom, it looks the other way around. That needs to be fixed. The face isn't too bad, but the eyes seem to close together, and you could make them a bit more real by not centering them with the marks. A good technique is to draw the face on a seperate sheet, then integrate it behind the claw marks. Looks creepier and more real.

I didn't really get what you meant about the claw marks.

I sketched the face first, then the claws, so it has nothing to do with centering it.

Ramuh:

One thing about art is depicting something symbolic or meaningful, but making it visible and so people can depict what it is. This looks like a conglameration of different lines. Proportions aren't too bad, but again, it looks very odd.

You'd prefer "normal" and boring?

Heart:

Proportions are off and I have no idea what the hell that black thing is doing on the angel wing.

The bone looks as if it's a 'deceptive' angel. Devious good side, such as evil Angels when they turn into Demons and what-not.

Nice guess, but no...

Snake:

Is he deformed? He has two arms on one side, and one on the other. The chest looks like a conglameration of bones that someone through into his body. They need to be more defined. The fire isn't destructive enough. There should be smoke and there should be cracks around the hole to make it look like it protruded from the Earth, and not as much like a Cauldron.

Who said he had an even amount of arms? I think, total, he has 5. The stuff about the fire, though, is a good point, I can use my new smoke techniques :D

Screwed:

Not bad. Few things though:

The dragon's tooth looks painted on and needs to be integrated with the bottom lip. I know ears are hard, VERY hard, but you need to work on the Elf's ears and lip a bit. The lip needs to be shaded a bit as well as the ear.

The dragon is TOO defined, if you ask me. Work on making the jaw a bit more circular and making the lip not so steak-like. It looks like I could rip it off, put it on my plate, and I would have myself a steak.

The "dragon" is a stone demon dog :D Hence the defined-ness of him. He's been crafted, not born.

Karma and Effect

I know where your inspiration comes from, and don't take this offensively, but:

Dear God! What have you done to this picture? It looks like you took the original picture and put it in an oven for 40 minutes!

The eyebrow is WAAAAY to big, my god. I have no idea what's in the bottom right corner, and the pupil or whatever that is is WAY to big. Eyelashes are to numerous and to short. I can barely comment on this because half the things in there I can't really tell what theya re...Is the thing above his eye an eyebrow or some marking or what-not? If it isn't, he needs an eyebrow, or a less bushy and unmarked one.

Already addressed this, but more specifically:

That's just shading for the form of the head, not an eyebrow. There is no eyebrow. With the lack of comments, comes a lack of response :D

Smoking thing:

Nice effect, I like how it's smoke-like and it's curved throughout the picture. Mouth needs some work and needs to be more faded and the eyes need to be less defined. The writing at the bottom also needs to be a bit darker. A BIT.

Like I said, this was my first go at this, so hey, it's all good :cool: Um, I don't know why those letters are so faint. They're not shaded at ALL, defined lines... Don't ask. DAMN YOU, SCANNER!

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
you very good at creatures and symbols, i'de try to steer away from drawing people, you have single hand pictures down, but when you combine it all it just doesnt come out right, the one that was a picture of that huge symbol was very good. and the one of that very odd snake/zergling thing was very good too, kicks my drawings ass's for sure. you people need some work. but daig you rule at monsters.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
The "Idol Hands" has always been my favorite. The text that goes with it just completly rocks.

Oh, and in "Believe", the fact that you have the patience to write every rune out like that is just amazing to me.

DM Cross

Reaction score
... Must change that name to IDLE! :D IT ISN'T IDOL, lol.

I write those runes fluently, so it was really just like writing something again...

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, thats one kick-ass hand in the Idle Hands one. I congratualte you on that one.
-Husky

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.