the sims hot date problem installing

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hello guys, i cant find any sites that can help me with this one, thats why i decided to post here, maybe someone can help me

the sims hotdate need livin large, house party installed in the sims before installing hotdate....

now i tried installing the sims.....works
copied the files inside the cd to the sims folder, so that to have some music and the mouse arrow

then i installed hotdate....works
but when u remove the cd inside and try to play, it requires the cd inside the cd-rom...now after installing and the error, i tried copying the files inside the hotdate cd, into the sims folder, but still didnt work, and saying wrong cd...

questions about this, how did my friend install the sims hotdate without the required expansion pack livin large and house party, and his hot date is working properly, even if there is no cd inside because he just borrowed my the sims and hot date cd

i also tried this, install the sims, install livin large, and when i installed hot date, an error message appear saying compile error, error source the sims hot date, it is said in the readme that it is ok to install only livin large and hot date even if there is no house party installed, but every time i install a first expansion and the next expansion, the installation of the next expansion errors

if youll ask me that, why not ask ur friend?, my answer is, we are already too far to each other, even if i call, the phone is always busy, and even if i sent a mail, still he wont reply

does anyone knows about this
especially the part where my friend installed hot date and plays with it even if theres no cd inside

+rep for any help

Rad

Reaction score
Thats a bit confusing... You shouldnt be able to play the sims hot date if it requires the expansion packs. Usually that means it relies on some files (Images, models, codes, etc etc) that the previous expansion installed.

Your friend probrably used a cd crack, or something... Why not ask him? They arent supported here (Or anywhere for that matter, as they are illegal)

Also, did you check the sims website? im sure theres something in the FAQ's

actually, the sims is EA correct? meaning use support.ea.com

Alowishus

Reaction score
That's unusual. I don't have house party just livin' it up and my hot date installed and worked fine...

You need the cd inside to play the game. The game WILL not run without it in.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I have installed ever Sims Game Fine and perfect
Sadly I can't help you because all my Sims games were cut "Inactive" And I have called the help line but nothing they could do so
I had to change update my old computer for it to work but sadly I don't think that would have help you

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
You will need the cd to play the game. Not for the data but for security. You can play The Sims House Party with the first The Sims cd without problems.

If you want to play without cd you will need a crack/cdfix...

Are we allowed to post site who has them...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.