The Spell Request Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Awesomeness. I guess I'll post my spell I need then.

Burning Vision:
Passive. When Illidan faces a target unit, his demonic vision is so intenifying that the unit lights on fire, dealing damage per second and slowing its movement. Can only burn one unit at a time, max vision range of 500.

Level 1: Deals 4 damage per second and slows by 15%.
Level 2: Deals 7 damage per second and slows by 18%.
Level 3: Deals 10 damage per second and slows by 21%.
Level 4: Deals 13 damage per second and slows by 24%.
Level 5: Deals 16 damage per second and slows by 27%.
Level 6: Deals 19 damage per second and sows by 30%.

D

D0MinIc

*~* Rock Smash *~*

Here's what I need: The hero launches a massive boulder (Ancient Protector missile model set at scale 5.00) at a target area dealing damage and slowing movement/attack speed.

Non-Hero units hit by the boulder that have less than X% life will die instantly (explode).

-Must be MUI
-Preferably GUI
-Needs to have 6 levels.

EDIT: Stats

Level 1 : 200 AoE, 45 Damage, Explodes if less than 20%, slows Move/Attack by 15%
Level 2 : 215 AoE, 85 Damage, Explodes if less than 21%, slows Move/Attack by 20%
Level 3 : 230 AoE, 125 Damage, Explodes if less than 22%, slows Move/Attack by 25%
Level 4 : 245 AoE, 165 Damage, Explodes if less than 24%, slows Move/Attack by 30%
Level 5 : 260 AoE, 205 Damage, Explodes if less than 26%, slows Move/Attack by 35%
Level 6 : 300 AoE, 280 Damage, Explodes if less than 30%, slows Move/Attack by 45%

11 Second Cooldown

Also, for some fun artsy effects, could the units in the aoe get 'hit' by the special art effect (Abilities\Weapons\SteamTank\SteamTankImpact.mdl) and could you create a earth ripple effect?

Thanks.

On second thought, can you make the boulder fall straight from the sky, directly above the point of ability being cast.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Shallow Grave Underground

Zone Ability

Takes all unit from the zone and then starts moving then in a "Cross Effect" (Or just moving them across the zone)then they stop in some part of the zone..(Here there is some nice effect green [not too big, it can bee any effect]) and they get spelled from the zone.

Level 1: 390 dmg and 100 knockback (Spelled from the Zone) damage
Level 2: 520 dmg and 200 knockback (Spelled from the Zone) damage
Level 3: 750 dmg and 300 knockback (Spelled from the Zone) damage
10-20-30 Seconds Cooldown

Although that the damage doesn't matter it can be even 100*ability or something like that (So you don't have too much problem..)

I need it MUI and in JASS (because i am learning). Doesn't need to be done perfectly to the description.. just wanna the basics..

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Can you help me with a jump spell too ?

The blademaster jumps towards the target and slashes it , with a bonus damage and stunning the target for 2 seconds.

Level 1 - 600 cast range , 25% more damage.
Level 2 - 700 cast range , 35% more damage.
Level 3 - 800 cast range , 45% more damage.
Level 4 - 1000 cast range, 55% more damage.

Thanks!

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
You've all been added to the waiting list.

And every spell can be done, you'll all be glad to hear :)

--

0zaru

> Takes all unit from the zone and then starts moving then in a "Cross Effect" (Or just moving them across the zone)then they stop in some part of the zone

I need a bit more information here.

Could you maybe draw a diagram of what you want to happen and then show it to me?

RockmanderZ

Reaction score
Hello, I wanna request:)

Unstable Concoction : (Based on Charge of Darkness)

Description: Charges on an enemy unit, causing some effect on his head(Shockwave Effect), upon impact it causes nearby enemy units to be stunned and take damage.

Level 1: 15% MS bonus, 100 damage, 1 second stun
Level 2: 30% MS bonus, 200 damage, 1.5 second stun
Level 3: 50 MS bonus, 250 damage, 2 secon stun
Level 4: 80% MS bonus, 300 damage, 2.5 second stun..

~Advance Thanks~

F

Fame.

Tinki3 can you convert this jass spell into GUI because im having a hard time transfering it into my map because of the different handle vars that map has and i have kattanas handle vars or... you can just make it from scratch its basicaly a hero casting a web (dummy unit) and then the hero hovers over the web like hes swinging and the web casts out webbings that pulls any unit close by...

heres the map attached if u need a better explanation.

Attachments

• SpidersWeb.w3x
    58.8 KB · Views: 314

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
well, i would like to request a mass(aoe) knockback template, not just for me but for all the noob spellmakers:D

it hasn't been submitted to the Index so it would be helpful.

EDIT: i prefer GUI if it is possible in GUI. i don't know JASS yet.
-
thehelperTripleAnimatedUB.gif

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Not a habit of mine to post in sections like this, but this one thought has really bugged me quite a bit and I was hoping you or Kenny would know how to do this as I imagine you would... I want a simple ideal of something rotating around the hero in a circle... How to explain better... Hmm... Now imagine the Lich attack model... I want it to go circularly around the hero, but not just one... I want it to be formed as a perfect circle around the hero, with a full circle... Which would involve 10 or so lich bullet models... This is kind of hard to explain =/ Sorry if its hard to understand... If the hero moves, I want the bullets to follow the hero, continueing their circular path... i could do this fairly easily... But it would not look smooth... I want them to look as if, when you move, they dont turn, they continue to follow their perfect smooth path... But I generally just want a circle tablet.. I cant find out how to make a perfect circle out of lightning effects... If you could manage that as well that would be nice... Id actually prefer the lightning one, but both would be great :D .

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
I know its possible :D, its just difficult for me =/ Not to good in the field of circles such as this... I can make circular effects happen easily... Novas are easy... etc... I just cant seem to get this stupid thing working...

I

IKilledKEnny

Tinki3, I got a trigger that with simple twiking could fit Dragonhord's so if you don't mind I'll do it quickly. I'm posting JASS version using KaTTaNa's handle system to make the spell shortest possible.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
thanks for that Tinki3:D

but could you explain to me logically what exactly these lines do:
(i'm kinda confused 'cause i never used some of them before)

Code:
Knockback Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
    Actions
        [COLOR="Red"]Set Temp_Int = 0[/COLOR]
        [COLOR="red"]Set Timer_Delay = 0.03[/COLOR]
        Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Caster_Loc = (Position of Caster)
        Set Knockback_Value = (8.00 x (Real((Level of War Stomp for Caster))))
        Set Knockback_Group = (Units within 325.00 of Caster_Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Ca
        [COLOR="red"]Countdown Timer - Start Knockback_Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in Timer_Delay seconds
        Wait 1.25 seconds
        Countdown Timer - Pause Knockback_Timer[/COLOR]
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Caster_Loc)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Knockback_Group)
Code:
Knock Targets Back
    Events
        [COLOR="red"]Time - Knockback_Timer expires[/COLOR]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Knockback_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Knockback_Target_Loc = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set Knockback_Target_Loc_Offset = (Knockback_Target_Loc offset by Knockback_Value towards (Angle from Caster_Loc to Knockback_Target_Loc) degrees)
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Knockback_Target_Loc_Offset
                [COLOR="red"]Custom script:   call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\FlakCannons\\FlakTarget.mdl", GetEnumUnit(), "chest"))[/COLOR]
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Knockback_Target_Loc)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Knockback_Target_Loc_Offset)

-
thehelperTripleAnimatedUB.gif

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> Set Temp_Int = 0

Please remove that line. Its uneeded. Sorry.

> Set Timer_Delay = 0.03, Time - Knockback_Timer expires

The Timer_Delay variable is the value in which the timer counts down from.

The event of the timer expiring, is the same as using a periodic event, but timers are easier to use, that's why I added one.

For instance, you don't need to turn the second trigger off and on when required; it'll only fire when the timer expires, and since the timer's repeating, it fires until we pause it, after that 1.25 second wait.

So to change the duration in which the targets are forced backwards, just modify that wait line.

> Custom script: call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Human\\FlakCannons\\FlakTarget.mdl", GetEnumUnit(), "chest"))

That's a 'different' way to create special effects, and destroy them without using 2 lines.

Its also a bit less laggy, I think.

I

IKilledKEnny

Tinki3 I think the spell can be modified a little to stop leaks.

Code:
Custom script: call DestroyTimer(udg_Knockback_Timer)

Should be added at the end of the first trigger (after the wait), timers leak.

Also if you want I can add few nulling lines to the timer function to reduce it leaks a bit.

> dragonhord

We are having hard time with your request. The units turn around, that is fine, however there are some odd blinks which we need to fix. This is the first time it ever happened to me, I guess there were few lines that confused the function. We are looking into it.

> D0MinIc

Your spell is almost done, there is just an odd bug, there rock is refusing to change it's height, I'm doing at the moment tests to see if I can spot the problem.

All spells completed by me will be listed in my post (first reply, 2ed post in the thread) to save work for Tinki3.

As for the rest, we hope to get to your requests as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.