Unable to connect to US West, But can connect to East.

M

Mardius

After the new patch came out i had to reinstall my WC3. The reason for this is when i switched computers i couldn't find my old WC3 CD.. i only had my Frozen Throne CD. So all i did was take the Warcraft 3 Folder in program files and drag it to the new computers hardrive. For some reason i was able to play like that pretty much with out installing the game. That is until the new patch. I DLed the new patch and tried to install it but kept gettin some kinda of error... So i decided to go buy WC3 :( ... After i installed it i tried to log onto US west which is the server i always play on.. and got this "Unable to connect to battle.net. you may be trying to connect to an invalid server. if you are using a modem you may need to manually connect to the internet before connecting to battle.net"

So i tried to connect to US East to see if i had the same problem... worked perfectly. Tried to get back on west and it still wont work... WTF is going on? Why cant i connect to West but i can connect to East? I have been reading many different forums similar to this subject but didn't get any good answers. Some people said to change ur IP address and that didn't work.

Please, someone who has had the same problem or knows about this problem HELP!

B

Bluewind

You got banned. Normally these bans last up to 2 months depending on why you got it.

If you want to play one East again you have to change all those 3 things AT THE SAME TIME:
CD-keys (both)
BN Account name
IP Adress

If ANY of these 3 is banned you automatically get rebanned. Means if your IP is banned and you try to connect your CD keys gets banned again (if you bought a new one).

Maybe you tried to connect to the server too often? (connection flooding)

M

Mardius

no i dont believe its a ban, mainly because it only happened when the new patch came out. I also dont do anything illegal on bnet... all i do is Dota.

B

bobtwo

i got same problem afther patch.
I Dl the game 2 week ago and tryed multiple cd-key beffor i found good one and 3 day later, right afther patch i get same msg you got... and if i try diffrent cd-key i get same msg.
I guess il go buy the game again for the fourth time lol.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Just wait it out. If after 2-3 months it's not over, then contact Blizzard or buy a new cd.

Rad

Reaction score
Rather than buying multiple copies try to first contact blizzard, explain clearly and in detail:

What problems you are experiencing
Why you think you are experiencing them
What you have tried to do to resolve the issue

Contacting support will usually wield in an unhelpful answer or link to another page in their FAQ's but they should understand if you've bought multiple copies of the game. Of course, they may ask you to prove you purchased the game by asking for a proof of purchase on the box/receipt or other means... I don't know their policy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.