Cinematic Undeniable Power

Zanar

Reaction score
This is my first project.It might not be perfect (or good) but I am still working on the terrain and I am still placing more doodads and another map to continue this story.

Well my map is here, hope you like it and please leave comments and feedback.

You can find my campaign here:

Well instead all this be one map I've made it in campaign
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=84116
Added Introduction.

Part 4
Cinematic 60%
Storyline 100%
Terraining 80%

It will be finnished in a few days.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
It was pretty cool I think. The sounds were a nice touch, and it seemed very cohesive and put together. However...

1. The soldiers were too clumped together. It looked kind of strange to see them all smushed into one area.
2. The ambush was a bit drawn out. After a while it just seems like there's too many projectiles flying about (though it looks cool when they first attack).

Also it was quite short and not a lot happened. But, for as long as it was, it was pretty entertaining.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Woah, that was epic. :thup:

LotR music. :)

Pros:
  • Realistic terraining with the trees and all
  • Good storyline that pulls viewer in for more
  • Has a lot of action in the short time

Cons:
  • Besides the trees, the terraining is too much mass. Take out a lot of the bushes and put other things like shrubs and rocks and flowers
  • The grammar was like 80% good. Just check some of it over again
  • Everything was too cluttered and massed, some parts were unrealistic. How would ANY man still stand after like 2 minutes of bombardment. I suggest using arrows since they are smaller and seem more... able to survive, and making it shoot less.

Good job anyway! I'll be waiting for more. However, I advice that you don't release another version yet because a cinematic contest might be hosted soon.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Trees looked mightly ugly going into your view at the start, once you go under the tops of the trees it looks fine, though.

Tons of arrows and blades all over the place looked pretty cool, though. :)

It seemed pretty darn unrealistic with that many arrows and blades and you never even see a single nightelf with a bow or anything, And the arrows didn't seem to be comming from that far away...I guess thats how it was suppose to be, though.

So far the storyline doesnt seem that great, but interesting cinematic anyways.

Keep up the good work.:thup:

However, I advice that you don't release another version yet because a cinematic contest might be hosted soon.
I wouldn't worry about that..

Zanar

Reaction score
Thank you both for your feedback.
You may expect an update tomorow.

I'll try not to "bombard" the units so much or atleast make less unit or projectils, I've already started to make the terrain a little better and I've found some few grammar errors.I'll do my best to make the cinematic better.

And thewrongvine thank you for notting about the cinematic contest that might happen soon.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
And thewrongvine thank you for notting about the cinematic contest that might happen soon.

What does that mean? Is that a non-offensive offensive statement? Thanks for nothing? If you don't care, you can just say it nicely.

Or I could be misinterpreting it... lol

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hm.. Not bad....

Try to add more atmosphere to it (fog). Maybe have more people die too. The cameras were ok, but in the beginning, there should probably be less of a wait.

Lol, the whole terrain (practically) looks odd because my computer fails to load the ashenvale bush model, so I saw a bunch of checkered cubes. :p

Zanar

Reaction score
What does that mean? Is that a non-offensive offensive statement? Thanks for nothing? If you don't care, you can just say it nicely.

You've probably got it the wrong way by that I ment that I'm going to be in the contest (when it starts) but not with this map.:(

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
You've probably got it the wrong way by that I ment that I'm going to be in the contest (when it starts) but not with this map.:(
Well keep working on this untill it starts.

And I think my Notting he ment NOTEing.. But I could be wrong.

Zanar

Reaction score
Hm.. Not bad....

Try to add more atmosphere to it (fog). Maybe have more people die too. The cameras were ok, but in the beginning, there should probably be less of a wait.

Lol, the whole terrain (practically) looks odd because my computer fails to load the ashenvale bush model, so I saw a bunch of checkered cubes. :p

Well as I've said I'm working on the terrain and this cinematic will continue (but in another map) so you will see more diing.

Well keep working on this untill it starts.

And I think my Notting he ment NOTEing.. But I could be wrong.

You are right (my grammar error) :eek:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Sweet! I'll watch it now.

EDIT: I didn't watch it yet but can you please put it in one part.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
You can go to Advanced > Tilesets to change the tilesets.

Ok, I watched them now.

+ It's exciting with a good storyline.
+ It has LOTR music! :D WEEE!
+ The terraining is good, not realistically real, but still good.

- It's a bit too dramatic imo. Also some parts are unrealistic. Like how can anyone just stand there and get hit by probably like 500 arrows/knives by the time they enter the cave.
- The terraining is a bit massed. Change it up. Terraining. me tutorial! :)
- With all those units, it gets choppy.
- The grammar could be fixed up a little.

Besides that, you have a great cinematic with potential to be even better. (and try to make it 1 file plox...)

Zanar

Reaction score
You can go to Advanced > Tilesets to change the tilesets.

Ok, I watched them now.

+ It's exciting with a good storyline.
+ It has LOTR music! :D WEEE!
+ The terraining is good, not realistically real, but still good.

- It's a bit too dramatic imo. Also some parts are unrealistic. Like how can anyone just stand there and get hit by probably like 500 arrows/knives by the time they enter the cave.
- The terraining is a bit massed. Change it up. Terraining. me tutorial! :)
- With all those units, it gets choppy.
- The grammar could be fixed up a little.

Besides that, you have a great cinematic with potential to be even better. (and try to make it 1 file plox...)

I know how to change the tilesets but then the map wouldn't have cliffs (those from underground and my next map is a dungeon type) so it would be pretty hard to make all that
Don't understand what you mean by dramatic.
As for the arrows I'm trying to find a way to descrease the hits dramaticly (lol still I don't what you mean by dramaticly)
The number of units will decrease by every map (or will it lol)
I'm fixing my grammar.

Zanar

Reaction score
Instead of making this one map I've made it in campaign you can find the link on the first post.

EDIT: Please leave comments.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Alright, I watched the second part. I like it a lot. The terrain is great, the cameras are well used, and it's overall entertaining. However, the grammar just butchers it. Practically every other sentence seems to be mispelled. You might want to find someone who's more fluent in English to go through your lines and correct them.

Anyways, good luck on the third part!

Zanar

Reaction score
Alright, I watched the second part. I like it a lot. The terrain is great, the cameras are well used, and it's overall entertaining. However, the grammar just butchers it. Practically every other sentence seems to be mispelled. You might want to find someone who's more fluent in English to go through your lines and correct them.

Anyways, good luck on the third part!

Is my grammar really that bad?:banghead: But I have fixed almost every grammar mistake in both parts. And next time I'll check trice before I upload my map.
And thank you for wishing me luck.
I hope this post has no grammar mistakes (lol).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.