Visible timers and talking people

A

Avaron

HI, first time here. hope to frequent though. Anyway, how can i get a visible timer to appear in the corner (like when Malganis regenerates)?

Secondly, When i want someone to talk to me how can i set them up to do so? I'm trying to get a peasant woman to ask me to round up her sheep and then give me a prize for it and i want to talk to her if possible. If not, how can i make the text appear?

S

Swilo

There's a trigger, something like "Create a one-shot timer" and some numbers to fill in. I think it takes care of the rest.

As for talkig people, you'd have to ask someone else or open up a map that does it.

N

Neo_HoJo

Here's how you do it.
1) Buy a micorphone for your computer.
2) Install it.
3) Find a voice actor, like me, only a woman because i'm not a woman despite what anyone else tells you.
4) Ask your FEMALE voice actor to do a recording session of what you want the woman voice to say.
5) If your voice actor says yes, Then record it on your computer as a WAV (sound recorder.) Else go to #3.
6) Find a program that will allow you to do animation scripts for WarCraft 3.
7) Use this editor to make the female peasant's mouth move. If you can't nodding heads are good enough.
8) Use various Cinematics - scipts to link the two together.

If you just want text to display, the command is in the cinematics catagory

B

BKnight760

Text vs Voice

Well, text is much easier, and frankly, I don't even bother with the sounds. It's not that important anyway. However, if you do want the sounds, there is an entire section on sounds in the WorldEdit. You can customize your sounds, and play them at times. It's a whole different pull down menu in the world-edit. Take a look at that first and then come back and let us know what's what.

D

digitus

to make the test appear just look in triggers and theres one called "cinematic-transmission from unit".

choose the ingame unit (the peasant woman) who will talk (well, text), think of a name for her, think of what shell say, choose a sound (none- or a suitable game sound), adjust the length for which it will appear, and presto- a talking peasant woman!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.