Warcraft 3 FPS drops.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
I installed windows 7 yesterday. I found Warcraft 3's fps has decreased. In XP, I have 25-64fps, but now I have 40-42fps(consistent, lol) only. Weird.

Reaction score
Windows 7 is more of a memory hog than XP because of the processes running (along with aero). XP is more of a lightweight OS, therefore not as much things are running as they would be inside Vista/7. You can do some of these things to improve Warcrafts speed in Vista/7.

• Change compatibility mode to XP.
  • Run in OpenGL.
  • Reducing Graphic Settings (inside warcraft)

Are you using a laptop? Because my laptops run warcraft like crap, but the graphic cards have twice as much memory as my desktop (which runs wc3 at ~60 fps constant).

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
I have 2GB memory installed. My RAM is enough to run Warcraft. My 8600GT can eat Warcraft 3 as breakfast, lol.

27100021.jpg

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't really see it as a huge deal, I would be more worried about other games than Warcraft 3.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
I installed windows 7 yesterday. I found Warcraft 3's fps has decreased. In XP, I have 25-64fps, but now I have 40-42fps(consistent, lol) only. Weird.

Personally, I would rather have a smooth, consistent FPS than an erratic one.
And it doesn't really matter in WC3, more so in shooters imo.
So... I really don't see the problem here.

But if you're that concerned, as suggested before, update your graphics drivers.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
set wc3's priority to high

better yet, now that you have win7, dedicate a core to it (set affinity)

and consistent 40+ fps? that's good enough for it to look smooth

also your graphics isnt exactly great, but wc3 isn't graphically taxing either (especially at lower quality settings)

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Have you installed the latest nVidia drivers?
Yep.

And it doesn't really matter in WC3, more so in shooters imo.
My Counter Strike Source has 100-150fps with all settings high, 1024 x 768, no AA.
On XP, the game runs at 60-100fps. = =?

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Dota is running 10fps in my machine:

2.6GHZ Core Duo
512MB Ram
Intel Shared Graphic Controller 128mb

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
This relates to his problem how? Anyways Intel shared cards really really suck.
Yep, ATI and Nvidia's onboard graphic can runs modern game with low-medium settings smoothly. I saw an article said Intel released new driver for performance issue. But, the funniest is : They do some benchmarking and found the marks are higher, but when they changed the file name of benchmarking applications, the marks remains similar with older driver. lol

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not really an accomplishment, 10 FPS is still playable. If you could do it at 2 FPS I would be impressed.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Open Anti Aliasing. :thup:

does wc3 even have AA? or would you need to turn it on elsewhere (ati control center/nvidia control panel)?

anyways I find that it's actually easier /w some games if the FPS is lower (~20 for DMC4 for example) - it slows down and works almost like a time cheat (turbo button style)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.