Warcraft 3 new patch problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JeZper

When i try to install the new patch, the error: Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath' comes! What can i do!?

W

WinterNightPhantom

This error means that that registry key is either missing or has incorrect data. There are two causes of that:

a. You're on Windows 2000 or XP and you installed the game under a different user account than the one you're playing under. In this case, log on with that other account and patch the game.
b. You moved your Warcraft III directory after you installed the game. In this case, move it back to where it was before and patch. You can move the directory back to the new spot aftet you patch.

If you need more help, post back.

Negafox

Friend of TheHelper.net
Reaction score
This issue has been fairly common since the release of v1.18, but Blizzard currently believes it is what WinterNightPhantom mentioned. My advice for a solution is to reinstall Warcraft III and this should correct the paths in the registry.

M

Mr. Guest

hey....im a guest...
when i try to patch my warcraft 3 game it comes up tft and roc

ERROR: unable to authenticate archive 'D:\Games\Warcraft III\War3ROC_118a_English.exe,Patch_War3.mpq'
and
ERROR: unable to authenticate archive

does this mean the patches are corrupt or wat?

U

Unregisterrd

What is the Registry Key? Maybe there is some way I can get one without reinstalling WC3? Because reinstalling doesn't work for me. (Sorry for being newbish, I just want to patch my WC3 to the new 1.18a version and it always shows the "Can't find the registry key Warcraft III\Install Path" error message)

G

G unit

can you give me a code for let me install my game

i can't install it becose i lost my case of warcraft 3 could you give me one it can be your becose i never go to the net

U

Unregistere2

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III"

copy above into notepad change install path to correct one remember double slashes for registry files and save as something like patchFix.reg
then just run like a normal file hit yes and if the install path is right it should work. Worked for me :)

eg c:\Games\Warcraft III -> c:\\Games\\Warcraft III

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Uninstall Warcraft III completely and then do a defrag. When that's done, then re-install Warcraft. This should fix your problem. This happened to me and it ended up working afterward.

-hobo218

D

Deneme

A Patch Problem

Hi guys
I am trying to update my warcraft III with the patch 1.18 or 1.17 but both of them give errors on some "map"s already installed with the game. I think they are trying to modify the maps but I already finished the game years ago and had no problems with the maps. Now I have finished with humans yet. Please dont tell me to reinstall the game.(Well you can actually tell that their patches never work :) hehe) or maybe you can give me an address where I can find the uncorrupted original map files. thx

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you please post the EXACT error message you are getting? Thanks.

D

Dwong

it really works!

Unregistere2 said:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III"

copy above into notepad change install path to correct one remember double slashes for registry files and save as something like patchFix.reg
then just run like a normal file hit yes and if the install path is right it should work. Worked for me :)

eg c:\Games\Warcraft III -> c:\\Games\\Warcraft III

TY so much for this tip !! I had previous version of WCIII installed, but my computer was messed up with spyware reg hacks and what not. Somehow my user profile was reset along with the registry input for install path info of wcIII. I did not use the same technique as described though, as it had some binary error when I ran the modified notepad file.

I changed it directly from the windows registry, but it was the same idea. ie:
Start -> Run -> Regedit...

then look for the key
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III"
(without the "s)
if your computer doesn't have that particular key, manually make new ones with the identical names in their respective orders.

then set new string value inside the
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III" location named "installpath" with input values of
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III" or whatever your wc3 install path is. It worked for me for the latest 1.19 patch =D

T

Tenseedsword

Title?

I got a huge ass problem i can't get the file back to its orrigional installation point because its wiped off the hard drive because when i reinstalled windows i kept all my D:\ files but lost all my C:\ and it was orrigonally installed on C but i moved it to D when i reinstalled windows therefore making it imposiible for meto put back to in point of instalation and i have no more cd key because i threw them out assumeing i wouldn't need them. how can i fix this patch error?

K

KillU99

Dwong said:
TY so much for this tip !! I had previous version of WCIII installed, but my computer was messed up with spyware reg hacks and what not. Somehow my user profile was reset along with the registry input for install path info of wcIII. I did not use the same technique as described though, as it had some binary error when I ran the modified notepad file.

I changed it directly from the windows registry, but it was the same idea. ie:
Start -> Run -> Regedit...

then look for the key
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III"
(without the "s)
if your computer doesn't have that particular key, manually make new ones with the identical names in their respective orders.

then set new string value inside the
"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III" location named "installpath" with input values of
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Warcraft III" or whatever your wc3 install path is. It worked for me for the latest 1.19 patch =D

i tried this but it didnt seem to work at all, anything more through you can write to help with this problem, i overlaped my windows xp for professional and all my reg keys were wipes out, unfortunately my warcraft 3 cd is broken, i have the cd key and tft cd so i cant reinstall

H

HelpMehPLZZ

Help Plz (Patch Stuff)

When i try download the 1.19b patch it always comes up afta dling the patch "An error has occurred preparing the patch. This problem can commonly be corrected by reinstalling the game and trying the update again. If this error repeats then contect Blizzard Technincal Support."

Im juz wondering if there is away to fix this without reinstalling the game?

Thx

R

rpt101

yeah i got same problem under win2k pro
altho i always log in as admin... dunno whats the problem
i did change reg values as stated on previous post
but still got same error...

and cant reinstall coz i dont posses install cd's
only burned Warcraft 3 folder from HDD on cd

R

rpt101

sorry for another post...
i found solution

the above registry fix is false !

this is procedure:

start -> run type in "regedit"
expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Blizzard Entertainment -> Warcraft III
in the right window right click highlight new and select "string value"
name the string value "InstallPath" and hit enter.
now right click on your new string value and hit modify
in the value data type in your warcraft 3 directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.