Warcraft 3 TFT, heroes won't lvl past 5?

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'm playing LAN on WC3 TFT and my heroes won't level past 5 on creeps, even if those creeps are level 5,6,7,8 etc... but the computers hero seems to level up higher just fine.
I have to attack the computer's units to gain XP after level 5. Is this normal? I don't remember it being like this.

Playing the latest version for Mac.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
yes this is normal... and it also applies to the enemy hero's as well.. it's in the gameplay constants if you wanna go there and change it

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
You can change this by going into gameplay constants. Then go to "hero - creep reduction table" and remove the 0. This allows you to gain xp from creeps forever.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I'm playing normal maps, so I don't think I can change them (or don't want to modify the originals).

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I'm playing LAN on WC3 TFT and my heroes won't level past 5 on creeps, even if those creeps are level 5,6,7,8 etc... but the computers hero seems to level up higher just fine.
I have to attack the computer's units to gain XP after level 5. Is this normal? I don't remember it being like this.

It is normal for ANY heroes to not be able to gain XP from creeps after level 5. Are you sure the computer is not killing player units? Otherwise the AI in WC3 overrides the Gameplay Constants :nuts:

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
It is normal for ANY heroes to not be able to gain XP from creeps after level 5
...Intill you kill one enemy unit(computer or player, non creep), then you can go back to creeping i think.

DrStyles

Reaction score

For TFT you can't level past 5 without killing player units. In ROC you can hax up your hero from creeps all the way up to ten. I think if your 5 or above in TFT creeping no longer helps you level even if you kill your enemies guys. Not sure though.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
For TFT you can't level past 5 without killing player units. In ROC you can hax up your hero from creeps all the way up to ten. I think if your 5 or above in TFT creeping no longer helps you level even if you kill your enemies guys. Not sure though.
Yeah if you're hero level is >= 5, you get no XP from creeping.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
maybe the computer is getting xp from creeps after they are past level 5, because the computer is set on Insane..

for one thing, if you set the computer on insane, they will only mine 10 gold from the gold mine, but they get +15 gold everytime... maybe it has to do with insanity...

and what the above posts have mentioned, editing game play constants is very easy, and you can revert back to the default settings with one click...

Zakyath

Reaction score
I'm positive the computer either attacked another player or that you're seeing things. As it has been said before - you're probably thinking of RoC.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.