Warcraft 3 - world editor - I can build my custom hero more than once plz help!!!

Warcraft3guy

Reaction score
I can build my custom Hero more than once in my altar, even though I only slightly altered it from a 'Blood Mage'. I have tried what people suggest, for example going to the gameplay constants and adding the Hero in the Techtree - Dependency Equivilent but whenever i click on the building that trains the Hero, the Warcraft 3 game crashes. I have tried setting the Stock Maximum etc... The first letter of the Hero's rawcode is capitol... Please help because I have been trying for ages.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You only want one person to be able to pick that hero?
Or multiple people have to be allowed to?

Warcraft3guy

Reaction score
I want my custom altar to be able to build just one of them for a custom race i've made. Currently after I've built the first I can build as many as I like...

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Try this:
Code:
Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
It should already be in your "Melee Initialization" trigger, if you didn't delete that.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I know there's a way to remove a hero from a tavern.
I just don't remember.

Let me look at it more.

dianamod27

Reaction score
Edit: Woops, skipped a bit right there. Let me think.

The gameplay constants thing making your game crash is really strange, I'm currently struggling with a crash problem I can't figure out as well.
Maybe you could try this:

Trigger:
  • Player - Limit training of Paladin to 1 for Player 1 (Red)

LOLface

Reaction score
okay so dianamod27 was right, open the trigger editor, set the event to map initialization, skip the conditions go straight to action>create new action>scrolldown to player limit training of unit type then click where it says footman, this will bring up another box change the race to the same as the one you made your hero, change the unit type from melee to custom and select your hero then click ok this should stop player 1 from summoning more than 1 of your hero, then create lots of these and change the player to player 2, 3, 4 and so on untill every player on the map can train only 1 of your hero. if that doesnt work then you're screwed :D

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
so you made this account just to necro threads? please, dont post on threads from more than a month ago unless they are long term threads, make a new one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.