Warcraft III replacing soundfiles globally?

Karpata

Reaction score
Hey!

Is it possible to replace the WC3 soundfiles like period. So all the sound files in the game specifically the campaign are replaced with the new ones?

To be more specific I want to replace the english Nightelf soundfiles with the spanish ones and leave the rest untouched. Why? Read below if you really care.

I already tried messing with the editor a bit but got very unreliable and varying results.

"Why"
So I was watching some WC3 streams and stumbled across a spanish streamer who just so happened to play the Frozen Throne Nightelf Campaign. I've gotten so used to the regular English and German sounds that I had forgotten this game actually has voices for other Languages in the first place. Fascinated by this I kept watching and to me the Spanish Nightelfs sound very mysterious and just overall more like Nightelfs if that makes sense haha. I'm sure I will find more examples in other languages but why even bother if there is no reliable way of replacing them.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
While I suppose it is possible to go into the game's MPQ's via an MPQ editor, that would be a PITA - not to mention you would still need to get those files first.

Why not just download the Spanish version from B.net?

Attachments

• 2014-09-14_2334.png
    2014-09-14_2334.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 296
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.