Tool Warcraft III Shortcut

hasslarn

Reaction score
Hey this is my first WORKING project in Visual Basic

Currect Version: 1.6 (2008-08-27)

What it Does: Opens warcraft programs for you , like TFT , ROC , WE but u have to set a path

Screenshot
14628954ya8.bmp
98973691bk1.bmp

In theese screenshot its just an random program im opning cuse i dont got Wc3 on this computher.

I used Common Dialog to set the pathnames and i dont know how to save the pathnames so you have to everytime you open the program you have to set the pathnames else it will get an error , Sorry for that Hope Fully i fix it soon.
Download Here'

Code:
[B][I][U]Version 1.6[/U][/I][/B]
Added Readme
Added a new form
Fixed Error Handler

Code:
[B][I][U]Version 1.5.5[/U][/I][/B]
Fixed Colors
Fixed About me
Fixed Help

Code:
[B][I][U]Version 1.5[/U][/I][/B]
New Skin
Added Common Dialog
Better Than the last one
Removed Backround

Code:
[B][I][U]Version 1.0[/U][/I][/B]
Added Backround
First time with Shell Commands

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
What does it do?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it will work if you don't have Autorefresh and Leak Check on your computer. Unless you have included them in the file. (I haven't checked yet).

hasslarn

Reaction score
i know its all in the Readme

The autorefresh and leak check is included you just put them in C:/Program/Warcraft III/

Demi666

Reaction score
You used vb6 for this?
Its a different path for every computer

I think he used this command, though it will only work for the selected path ofcourse
shell("C:\Program\Warcraft III\war3.exe")
Hasslaren it would be better if you made a string variable that allows you to select the path of the programs you want to open

hasslarn

Reaction score
You used vb6 for this?
Its a different path for every computer

I think he used this command, though it will only work for the selected path ofcourse

Hasslaren it would be better if you made a string variable that allows you to select the path of the programs you want to open

Well thats the only thing i can do atm :p how to do the sting variable?

Reaction score
If you can use shell, make a config file. Make another button called settings and have it open up a text box that contains the txt in config file. And, when they click on one of the buttons you can append the txt to the file.

If you want to learn more VB6. Go to google and type Sean Greasley Tutorials. He has really good tutorials o_O

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
xfire counts how much and how often you play and if one of your friends plays a game that you own too you are able to join him
and you can start every game over xfire
www.xfire.com

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think auto refresh is not supported here. So you might need to remove it.

The tool sounds quite handy though.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Why is this better than Xfire? Xfire can launch all your games.

Xfire can't launch WE (to my knowledge) and it takes time to start up (since it's a pain to have it open on Startup since it can whore system resources) and I'd rather not wait for Xfire to start up just so I can play a game :p - anyway with a bit of renaming (of the tool itself, that is), you could use it for other things, right?

And you really should read - noone said anything about this being better than Xfire...

xfire counts how much and how often you play and if one of your friends plays a game that you own too you are able to join him
and you can start every game over xfire
It allows you to chat with other Xfire users as well, whether they are in-game or otherwise, and has image/video uploading on your Xfire profile and, fairly recently, the developers introduced an online backup facility. And you can only join certain games (I don't think you can use Join Game for WC3, or else I've got some sh*t to fix)

i dont know how to save the pathnames
I don't really know much about vB (or any other programming language for that matter) but maybe you could have a config file where the user specifies their WC3 and WE locations, and the program runs them from there?

hasslarn

Reaction score
>>you could use it for other things, right?
Yes

>>but maybe you could have a config file where the user specifies their WC3 and WE locations, and the program runs them from there?
I dont know how to do that

Thanks for comments

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.