Wargasm

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Wargasm!

In the beginning - there was a Wargasm! :) Oh my god, I think I am going to have a Wargasm! Who was this crazy Hacker with the obscene name coming out all over the Tech Support Forums and the Open Tech Support Channel? Its a Wargasm, and if you check it, his name is not a play of an Orgasm it was some book or some band, those crazy Dutch people! :)

Wargasm was from the dark side. A Hacker, someone who liked to play the edge of black and white. He had one foot in the white hat area and one foot square in the black hat land. A split personality hacker :)

Wargasm was the king of hardware, and always had/has great ideas (the really big ones)

Wargasm has always had close ties to TheHelper.net and without him this site would not be here today. He sensed value in the site and kept it going for a number of years when I was totally inactive. He always saw more in this place than what was on the surface and the fact is he is still here today, albeit behind the scenes, but still here he is.

I first met Wargasm on the Blizzard Tech Support forums and in the Open Tech Support Channel on Battle.net. We became fast friends. We were some of the first members of the US Forces, the Guild that came out of the Helpers in the Open Tech Support Channel on Battle.net. We used to spend countless hours in that channel, me helping, Wargy helping and messing with people. Press Alt + F4 for a special window of commands. Those were some fun days. Hours chatting and making friends with the Helpers in the Open Tech Support Channel and helping countless numbers of people in the Chat. There were numerous Helpers in the Battle.net channel but Wargy and I were the most active on the forums as well. Nobody at this time knew that I was The Helper, as far as I they knew I was just Chivas, my Diablo 1 characters name on the Open Tech Support Channel :)

Wargy was right there from the beginning. He had a website even before I started TheHelper.net and what we tried to do was find the common answers to the common questions and put them in FAQs and try to drive traffic away from the Blizzard Tech Forums to our areas. Wargy was a big First Person Shooter guy though and was always involved in those types of Guilds and Clans. His site was more set towards that and eventually he was pulled over to the Counterstrike Clan stuff. Wargy was never a MVP, but he should have been. He was just too darkside for Blizzard to trust. Especially after he visited me from Holland and used my computer to add the MVP icon to his posts in the Blizzard Tech Support forums. When the Blizzard people saw Wargasm(MVP) they freaked out. They thought they were hacked by the Wargasm. Unfortunately they never forgot that and he never got the MVP.

Wargasm Remembers
i remember when i visited thehelper and posted as MVP on the blizzard boards... Some peeps at Blizzard got a heart attack that day.
Years later i met Bill Roper (who was then still with Blizzard) told me that they thought i hacked their system.

TheHelper Remembers
I am not a good enough writer to tell these stories and give them justice. They are good though. Wargasm was in Holland as far as Blizzard knew then showed up posting with a MVP by his name from my house. I let him on my account and the only people that noticed were people watching that forum, the Blizzard people. He was actually at my house though visiting from Holland we hacked them the only way we could from the source they allowed. It was good stuff. Everyone was learning back then and Blizzard was really safe because they knew more, but when Wargy came in it looked like we knew something otherwise, something more and we were the Good Guys, and they wanted to know....

The whole thing really worked out well. It showed we were responsible with the MVP power and were just geeks like them messing with them. Good Stuff!

Wargasm was always about massive blasts of traffic. He would go and make posts about naked Brittany Spears pictures that would redirect to a technical support page, just so he could see 10 thousand hits of traffic driven. I always told him those hits were useless, just numbers and not targetted. It sure looked good though on the web stats to see 10k hits in an hour though. Wargasm was the master of directing Traffic :)

Wargasm was the one responsible for getting us on VBulletin. Back in the old days forums were a different style. You did not normally have a login and they looked alot like the Blizzard Forums. Mostly Thread based. When the VBulletin style of forums came out I guess Wargasm got some for his Counter Strike Forums and upgraded TheHelper.net with those types of forums and we never looked back. It was the future and it changed the way forum communities operated. We used Vbulletin for a great part of this sites history.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.