|*| WE in RoC, Please Help Me |*|

N

N1gh7m4r3

|*| RESOLVED |*|

Thx to Demon Faze
:) Hi!! ;)

:) I have Warcraft 3 RoC and (of course) World Editor, both in version 1.18.

:( I don't have TFT.

:D But i want to get ;) more functions in WE RoC 1.18.

I see maps like DotA with powerfull spells and i dont see a spell editor in roc =S.

SO what I want is a Program (working one as i have seen many but noones really works with RoC 1.18 =S) that adds more things to WE.

Thx :cool:

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
RoC does not have an ability editor.

You have to use JASS to make abilities in RoC, so I recommend TFT editor highly. You can buy it online for pretty cheap, or ***

CRAP! wrong forum I thought I was on this Brazillian forum I go to alot where people can't buy the game in stores.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Thx, but thats nto that =(

Ok, sorry maybe I havent expressed right.

:) First, about TFT :)

I Like the Game, I Have it (Not Pirated) but I want to make maps to RoC cause I rarely play TFT, all my friends have RoC and im a good map maker (not that good on warcraft but i made good maps to Counter-Strike).

:cool: Second, about what i want :D

I Want a Editor Extender to RoC 1.18 WE not necessaryto be Spell Editor.

Thx, looking forward for rplys :D

:cool: 7h3 N1gh7m4r3 :cool:

Demonfaze

Reaction score
What you can do and what you should do is just use the TFT editor to make your map, but do not include anything that is found only in TFT.

You can still use the ability editor in TFT to make an RoC map. Technically, the ability editor just converts all the data you enter into JASS form in which RoC would understand.

You just wouldn't be able to use a doodad such as "The Frozen Throne" or a spell like "Cluster Rockets (tinker)" as those are only in TFT.

Just make sure that when you open your map, it is a brown scroll, not a blue one. If it is a blue one, then it is then a TFT map so you must check what you recently added if it is TFT only.

Also, if you use things in the TFT editor your friends won't be able to open the map in the RoC editor, they will just be able to play it in-game.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Hum, thx, lot of good info

:) But I still have two Questions (Sorry)

;) 1st:

Any progrma to "remove" TFT stuff? (I can do it for myselft but i prefere a easy way :p

;)2nd

I still want the progrmas or patchs I asked for (new functions :p)

Thx One more time =P

:cool:

Demonfaze

Reaction score
I don't think theres a program to remove TFT stuff, but if you go to the Scenario Tab in the main screen then click Map Description, look under "Expansion Required: Yes" to see the things that you need to remove.

The Addons: I'm not quite sure what you want, if you could reword your request that'd be great.

N

N1gh7m4r3

Ok, THX Demonfaze

Thx dude, you are really helping me out.

Maybe Im not being 100% clear, sorry for that, but i realy dont know what i want in fact (lol i know =P)

So if you can just give me everything you know that can be added to RoC.

Thx and if you need any more information, just tell =P

Thx a lot dude ;)

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Well, for the abilities and units, it is far too many to list here (sorry, it'd take me like an hour), just make sure to check in your head if the ability is used by a frozen throne hero: [Blood Mage, Crypt Lord, Warden, Shadow Hunter, or Any Neutral Hero]. And if its a unit, you should probably know if they are TFT or RoC if you have played melee at all (If not, just ask and I'll tell you if it is or not).

If its not too much trouble could you give a reputation point? It's that little thing in the top right of my post that looks like a blue weighing scale. If you do I thank you so much in advance.

N

N1gh7m4r3

So give me some plz...

Done, I didnot know about that points or i already have voted for you ;)

Can you give me some names of progrmas like that? Only to RoC plz

Thx one more time :cool:

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the rep point. :)

Sorry :-( I do not know of any program that detect if something is not in TFT but in RoC. If you have played Warcraft a lot or worked with the editor a lot, then it should be pretty easy to identify if something is RoC compatable with TFT editor.

I forgot to mention:

The first time you save your map with a TFT object, it will NOTIFY you that it has been changed from a RoC map to a TFT map.

So after that message pops up, go to the Scenario Tab in the main screen then click Map Description, look under "Expansion Required: Yes" to see the things that you need to remove. :cool:

N

N1gh7m4r3

Ok i think thats all =D

Thx demonfaze

you helped me out, ill go install tft editor =P

thx one more time

L

lordloki

If you have the TFT editor, and it will tell you what things to take out to make it "ROC" compliant, why would you want to remove the TFT stuff and just have a program for RoC???

Sorry dont know of any myself... just wondering why you want to lock yourself in on RoC

but if you go to the Scenario Tab in the main screen then click Map Description, look under "Expansion Required: Yes" to see the things that you need to remove.

Its all right there... if your concern is making maps with TFT that wont be ROC Compliant.

N

N1gh7m4r3

See the Replys First =P

Ey read all up and see your question =P

Thx anyway =D

L

lordloki

Actually I dont, I see that you want to create maps for your friends that only have RoC. Which you can do with the TFT stuff in your editor.. all you have to do is avoid using objects specific to TFT and check the Scenario "Expansion Required" to see if there is anything you need to remove/switch to make it work in RoC.

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Ummm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that almost exactly what I said, just in different words?

Demonfaze

Reaction score
Ah I see...

"Actually I dont" - I just thought you meant you didn't understand what I was saying.

L

lordloki

Was referring to him when he said if I saw where he answered my question.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.