Report We're running out of chocolate- and it's because we're eating more than is being produced

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
They are words which will strike fear into every addict - we're running out of chocolate.

That's according to the world's largest confectionary producer, which has joined Mars in warning of a massive shortfall which could reach a million tonnes a year by 2020. Switzerland's Barry Callebaut Group said soaring demand have helped chocolate prices hit more than double what they were just eight years ago.

The supplier, which provides chocolate for firms from global giants to artisan bakers, has revealed it sold 1.7million tonnes in 2013/14 - a rise of 11.7 per cent on the year before. But there are limited quantities of the fragile crop - which means as production rises, so does the price.

1416160720171_Image_galleryImage_AF8P4R_Industrial_chocola.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
wtf, this is so trivial. Only women consume chocolate in masses. And usually you'd fucking see chocolate addicts, because they're fucking fat.
There really needs to be a tax on chocolate or a state-run institution like the army that collects fat people and forces those fat fucks to lose some weight.

I'm glad chocolate is running out :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I am probably 25% of the global chocolate consumption. And I am both male and pretty thin. A little bit too thin.
I just need chocolate to code. If I dont get some good lindt chocolate (or other of equal quality) I just cant keep my hours up.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
wtf, this is so trivial. Only women consume chocolate in masses. And usually you'd fucking see chocolate addicts, because they're fucking fat.
There really needs to be a tax on chocolate or a state-run institution like the army that collects fat people and forces those fat fucks to lose some weight.

I'm glad chocolate is running out :)
You're a fucking idiot.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I am probably 25% of the global chocolate consumption. And I am both male and pretty thin. A little bit too thin.
I just need chocolate to code. If I dont get some good lindt chocolate (or other of equal quality) I just cant keep my hours up.
That's sort of unsettling :/ But at least you got taste

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Chocolate can bring health benefits. Although of Course "You shouldn't eat a ton" ;)

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Theobromine and THC are all buddy-buddy n' shit, so you should reconsider your stance on chocolate. Plus it fuckin' rocks, so...

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Theobromine and THC are all buddy-buddy n' shit, so you should reconsider your stance on chocolate. Plus it fuckin' rocks, so...
You've got a point. Ok, I'll reconsider my stance on schoki, but I won't accept fat people. Fat is not a lifestyle or something to be proud of. Fat should be on food, not stored in our bodies.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why are our bodies designed to store fat so well?
I think you should read some more about human biology.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They are still alive arent they?
Let people make their own decisions mr freedom hater.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
They are still alive arent they?
Let people make their own decisions mr freedom hater.
What kind of life is that? They look like they're suffering a great deal. That no life in my eyes.
I'm not doing anything to deny people their freedom. All I'm doing is expressing my opinion on obese people and their unhealthy relationship with schoki. We live in times, where you can get anything in a short time and no one gives a shit about anything ( => chocolate shortage ). I'm just reminding you about how much it sucks to be fat and that it's all your own fault if you're fat, and it's easy to do something about it. The only radical part is, that I'd like an institution that smacks some sense into stupid people throwing away their lives with some boot camp experience.

If honey Booboo isn't the living evidence for fat = stupid, there are enough studies that prove it. Unless ofc. you want to be fat and stupid, then sure, use your freedom for that.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not doing anything to deny people their freedom. [...] it sucks to be fat and that it's all your own fault if you're fat [...] I'd like an institution that smacks some sense into stupid people [...] with some boot camp experience. [...] Unless you want to be fat and stupid, then sure, use your freedom for that.

You know, just because you say you are not a nazi does not mean you actually arent a nazi.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
You know, just because you say you are not a nazi does not mean you actually arent a nazi.

What a useless thing to say. You can imply anything from a false statement and have it be valid.
It seems you've regurgitated just too often on the same bag of dicks. It's all weighing on your head, the whole nazi thing that is. How about you go take a shower to cool off your dense skull? That thing must be overheating after using such difficult words.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.