Who won WWII?

Zakyath

Reaction score
of course Sweden won, weren't we like the only country that actually earned something from the war? :p

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They had almost zero casualties? That's good enough for me..

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
They sold a lot of iron to German army ( Thats one reason why German attacked Norway, they wanted to secure those mines in north Sweden ) , so I guess they made a lot of money.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Sweden continued to develop instead of stopping everything to fight. that war made us rich :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweden must be the only ones to ever benefeit from a war :p

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Sweden was also neutral and thus a combatant in the war.

Germany won because they stopped being Nazi's. So there.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
My opinion is that if Hitler wouldn't have wasted the time and resources on the jews; the axis party would be the dominate party in the world today.

That being said, I believe the neutral country's made the difference.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Development that eventually ended with the downfall of the USSR. The Soviet Union may have been the victor because they captured Berlin; but they were not in existence long enough after to savor the victory.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I don't think development justifies 20 million lives.
Developement? Russia needing to justify the deaths? Are you confusing the 1930's collectivization with wwii?

Because the death on the Eastern Front was hardly Russia's fault. Most of it was civilian loss in German-occupied areas. As in, they were killed by conditions set in by the Third Reich invaders. As in, Russia is hardly the nation to blame for it. Blaiming them for that would be like if I broke into your house and took everyone else inside hostage and then killed them and then people blaimed you for not defending your house well enough.

In any case, go read the original post. The thread is SUPPOSED to be about which nation contributed the most to defeating the Axis, which seems almost indisputably the USSR.

Development that eventually ended with the downfall of the USSR. The Soviet Union may have been the victor because they captured Berlin; but they were not in existence long enough after to savor the victory.
46 years isn't a sudden downfall. And the Russian people today still see it as a huge acheivement on their part.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I didn't call it a sudden downfall. I simply pointed out that the nation known as the USSR no longer exists.

Seb!

Reaction score
Developement? Russia needing to justify the deaths? Are you confusing the 1930's collectivization with wwii?

Because the death on the Eastern Front was hardly Russia's fault. Most of it was civilian loss in German-occupied areas. As in, they were killed by conditions set in by the Third Reich invaders. As in, Russia is hardly the nation to blame for it. Blaiming them for that would be like if I broke into your house and took everyone else inside hostage and then killed them and then people blaimed you for not defending your house well enough.

Did I say that? I wasn't blaming anyone (except the axis). All I meant was that they didn't really "win" anything. None of the other allied countries gave Russia much credit either..

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Did I say that? I wasn't blaming anyone (except the axis).
You said about 'does this justify 20 million lives,' implicitly blaiming the USSR for the lives lost in the German occupation. At least that's how I took it.

All I meant was that they didn't really "win" anything.
They won not being exterminated/booted into Siberia. Hitler looked upon Slavs not a whole lot more positively than he looked upon Jews. Russia was backed into a corner. They didn't really have an option other than fight.

None of the other allied countries gave Russia much credit either..
Actually, until hatreds broke out again after it was clear that the Allies were winning, they kinda/sorta did. But yea, more or less true.

Seb!

Reaction score
You said about 'does this justify 20 million lives,' implicitly blaiming the USSR for the lives lost in the German occupation. At least that's how I took it.

But that's not what I meant. All I meant was I'm sure that it, if they had a choice (which they didn't), 20 million lives would not have been worth the possible benefits of WW2.

They won not being exterminated/booted into Siberia. Hitler looked upon Slavs not a whole lot more positively than he looked upon Jews. Russia was backed into a corner. They didn't really have an option other than fight.

I know.

Actually, until hatreds broke out again after it was clear that the Allies were winning, they kinda/sorta did. But yea, more or less true.

Yup.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
My opinion is that if Hitler wouldn't have wasted the time and resources on the jews; the axis party would be the dominate party in the world today.

Not to mention the lost potential of said people. For instance, Albert Einstein...

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Ignorance. You have no idea how strong the Canadian military was back then do you? No idea what we did for the war?

On D day, Canada was the first one to achive there goal and they did it by the end of the first day.

---------------------

Anyway, Sweden won.

couldn't resist... but...

l_c1778dab897a8e8b6c7b158431ea4480.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.