Why are my player Colors/Names not functioning properly?

Manti

Reaction score
Greetings,

Manti here again. I'm pretty new to the Editor so these questions might seem quite 'newbie'-like, however, this is a problem I've had on the Editor since day one.

So, allow me to explain.

I've been making a short, simple map in order to practice mostly triggering, but also some other things which I might want to know.

Now, in this map I've had 3 'players' (One user, 2 AI).

The user is supposed to be Blue, and called Alliance (It's played by the player so the name doesn't matter at all.)

Whereas, the other two are supposed to be Purple and that Green-ish/light blue-ish color; Called 'Scourge' and 'Brightshire' respectively.

Onto the problem now.

This is how my three 'Players' look like in-game.
The 'Alliance' (User controlled)
bluee.png

'Scourge' (AI)
purplee.png

And lastly 'Brightshire' (Also AI)
greeeen.png

Now, due to someone replying that the 'Test Map' is somewhat bugged (On another thread), and doesn't always properly show players, colors, names and etc, I've decided to make this a Map in a Campaign.

Now, these are the results in-game:
Here's the Alliance (Formerly Blue, for some reason Red now)
Reeeeeeed.png

Scourge;
purpleeeee.png

And last, but not least, Brightshire
greeeeeeeen.png

As you may or may not see, the problems are the following.
-The player-controlled (Alliance) suddenly turned Red from Blue
-The two other 'players' do NOT have their names shown when hovering over them.

Oh, and I forgot to add this Picture, which might clarify why I'm confused that this is happening.
playersscenprop.png

As you can see, Alliance is supposed to be Blue, and User-controlled; Scourge is supposed to be Purple, Brightshire Green-ish (Works), and I thought they were supposed to have the names above them when you hover (Chances are they're not even considered Players, because when I load into the game it only shows myself as one), but they don't... and I can't seem to fathom why not.

I know this is probably one of the easiest things in the game, but as I've said before, it's been bugging me since God knows when...

And this is one of the first Guides I went to search for; I've dug up through the 'Graveyard' section (No pun intended :p ), checked the Tutorial, and WE Help Sections, although I haven't found a single Guide on how to make this work.

So, if someone could help me out on this one, or even better, re-direct me to a Guide, I'd be really grateful.

But anyway, thanks a lot for taking your time to read this, this Forum has helped me out before, and I hope it will again!

Hope you guys have a nice day,

Cheers.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Have you checked whether your in-game color settings are set to the default mode? The button for it is next to the minimap, I think it is the two crossed axes.

As for the names, how are you running the map? Are you loading it from Wc3 or starting it from the editor? You could also try putting them in teams.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to use forces. Go to the forces tab and set up forces for each of the players.

Manti

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the replies.

@jonas

Yes, it's set to the Default Mode. There's 3 modes, right? One shows enemies as Red, the other shows myself as Blue, and the third's the Default one.
Didn't help though.

And, I've put the Map into Campaign, so I am running it from WC, not the Editor.

I've actually thought of manually changing colors via the Object Editor of the Units I need to be (In this case) Blue.

But problem is, when I do 'win' that game, it will still show as Red. So if you got any other Ideas do tell.

@Accname

The forces before (When posting this Thread) were like this:
forcesscenprop.png

I've tried changing them into this, but the Result is the same:
forcesscenprop2.png

Obviously, I've messed up somewhere, so if you two, or anyone else could help me out on how to make the Colors/Names work properly, I'd appreciate it.

Side question: Why is it that even though I've disabled Red/Player 1 I keep playing as him... And all my Blue units turn into Red? (Check the last Screenshot on the First Post), I have a hunch it has something to do with that.

Cheers.

jonas

Reaction score
Can you show us a screenshot of the lobby, right before you start the map?

Side question: Why is it that even though I've disabled Red/Player 1 I keep playing as him... And all my Blue units turn into Red? (Check the last Screenshot on the First Post), I have a hunch it has something to do with that.
Try making player 1 a computer controlled player and give him some units.

Manti

Reaction score
Lobby? As I said, I've opened this via Campaign (Or do you mean as the Map is loading?)

Cheers.

jonas

Reaction score
Lobby? As I said, I've opened this via Campaign (Or do you mean as the Map is loading?)
Cheers.

I'm sorry, I haven't worked with campaigns since 2007 or so. Is it possible to open the map in the regular way?

Manti

Reaction score
This isn't meant to be a melee map.

If I put it in 'Custom Game' it wouldn't be as it was 'intended', because the players' names would be 'Computer (Easy, Normal or Hard)'

But I'm off to work now, I'll give it a shot when I get home, and post here.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Manti

Reaction score
Sorry for not replying for a few days, was really busy.

All right, I've tried adding a Player 1 (Red) and placed a unit.

But now, when I play it, I actually become Player 1 (Red) and I can only control that Unit (The Paladin you've seen in the above screenshots is controlled by... something else).

Also, this is the 'Lobby' (I've placed it in the map in -> Warcraft III -> Maps -> Download), and opened it via the option 'Custom Game'.

NOTE: This is the Lobby where Player 1 (Red) is enabled, and the Unit IS placed.

br1.png

And over here is the Lobby from BEFORE (Without Player 1 (Red) being enabled, and without the Unit placed)
br2.png

Thanks a lot for reading and for helping so far.

Hope y'all have a nice day;

Cheers.

Manti

Reaction score
EDIT: I've figured out that my 'Fixed Player Settings' button wasn't checked.

It fixed the problem =)

Thanks to this friendly, and awesome community for always reaching out, if I have any more questions, I'll make sure to ask ^^

Cheers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.