Wmi

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
If you just want to test this, and don't want to read, skip to the bottom of the post. Make sure to read the hints, though.

Current Version: WMIb2.0.2

Features Supported:

1) Bags
2) Pick up anytime items
3) Equipment
4) Durability
5) Stacking
6) Attributer
7) Max Level Level Up

What is WMI?:

WMI stands for Widget Manipulation Interface, and aims to be the end all beat all of widget based RPG needs. Specifically items are enhanced in the current version, but future releases will likely include further development of the 'hero' object. Written in entirely vJass, it is slightly easier for the end user to configure than previous systems (at least, it should be, once I add proper instructions and documentation). It also uses the BonusMod, by weaaddar and a few icons by ThunderEye (an issue which still needs to be cleared up). As such, I ask that this not be publicly released with anything.

CHANGELOG:
Code:
Version: WMIb2.0.2

* Added SimError
* A few minor bug fixes
* Test map has new terrain by NotTheHelper
* Added basic implementation instructions

Version: WMIb2.0.1

* Initial Release Version

A brief overview of current supported features:

Code:
1) Bags: A bag is an item, capable of holding up to 16 items inside of it.
To add an item to a bag, simply drop it from your inventory onto the bag (also
in your inventory). Click the bag to view items.

2) Pick up anytime items: A rather controversial idea (because it requires two
items to be created for each 'item'), Pick up anytime items, or PUA's, allow
you to pick up an item even when your inventory is full. This means that WMI
will first try to stack the item, then add it to bags, etc., and if that doesn't
work, it will drop the item back again.

3) Equipment: Certain items can be defined as equipment. They have no
bonuses when unequipped, but can have many when equipped. There are 7
stats that equipment can add: Damage, Armor, HP, MP, Str, Agi, and Int.
Each equipment can also add two abilities (like raise dead of critical strike). In
addition, all non-charm equipments can have a chance of blocking an attack
(off hand equipments will be tried first, then a random piece of equipment
{possibly offhand again} will be tried).

4) Durability: This applies to equipment only. Each time you use a piece of
equipment (make an attack with a weapon, block an attack with a weapon or
armor {or a charm}, or use an ability tied to a piece of equipment), it loses a
durability point. When an equipment's durability hits 0, it's bonuses are removed.
Equipment can be made to regain durability after certain amount of time, and it
can be made to completely disregard certain types of wear and tear (A charm
can be made to recover its durability instantly after casting its spell, but still lose
durability if hit with an attack {which is random}; it would thus have low
durability, symbolizing that it is fragile, but can be used continually until broken).

5) Stacking: This applies to regular items only. Certain items ('pitems') can be
made to stack. They will either stack directly when picked up, or when you drop
an item on another item of the same type, with available space. Stacks can be
broken by double right clicking them, and using the stack buttons.

6) Attributer: Nothing special. The attributer allows you to pick what stats you
get on level up. It is accessed by right clicking the equipment button.

7) Max Level Level Up: This allows a hero to stay at level 10, but continue to
earn skillpoints and statpoints (through experience). It's pretty ingenious, actually.

NOTE: This is incomplete. It's also bugged. Feel free to use it in your map, but, as of right now, I think I am going to change around the user interface (it may become more textmacro based). Also, documentation is pending...

NOTE-TWO: Feel free to make any suggestions that you like, however, any post requesting something of me implies that the poster: 1) Understands that I do not in any way, shape or form need to comply with their request 2) Understands that, if the request they are making of me has already been requested, or the question has already been answered (in this thread or another related thread), I may simply neglect to reply to the poster's post.

HINTS: Double rightclick items to bring up the item menu. Read the tooltips to find out how stuff works, but don't trust them for stats on anything. To remove an item from a bag, double right click it in the bag to open the menu, then, double right click it again in the menu.

Attachments

• WMIb2.0.2.w3x
    334.4 KB · Views: 192

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Genius!
I haven't even tried it, but the functions seem excellent.
Everything you could want, rolled into one!

Well, it should be quite useful, anyway....

Good job!

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Right now, it's too complex I think. I need to find a way to simplify it, and make it easier to use, etc. There are also probably a few bugs, and there are features I want to add/aren't in use currently. Really, it's nowhere near in working order. But it is working. So I though I would open a beta to help people test it with me, and to see that all that stuff wasn't BS. I have been working. :p

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Well the bag thing is something I have been needing for a map, you don't mind if I use this do you? :p

Anyway good job, looks impressive, though I haven't tested it yet ^_^

Simple question, I don't think you mentioned it above, is this is GUI or JASS?

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
It uses and requires bolded vJass. Anyway, you probably shouldn't start using it yet. It's got some issues, I'm sure.

By the way: The test map sucks. If somebody wants to care enough, they could maybe make a better one for me? (One which better shows off the features).

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
Hey, I tried spicing up your test map with some cool terrain and stuff, but I am not sure how your items and hero work, does ur vjass automaticaly place them on map or would I have to place them manualy...need to know so i can save it and upload it here for you to see if you like. Ill attach it so you can se how it is and add the extras in.

Tell me how you like it. I did not touch anything in the trigger editor. Only did some doodad stuff in obj editor.

Also left item and hero placement to you.

Hope you like :)

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
That's really good. I like the theme. I'm gonna post a revised version for testing soon (possibly it will have to be tomorrow, though). The new version will require slightly more work, I think... :D

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
Cool im happy you liked it, well gl with your map :) btw i mite not know much about the system but i liked the way the items worked and all gj on that :)

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
lol just a question, but do you think MAYBE you could also do a GUI version if it's possible :p

That way people like me can understand what it is your triggers do :eek:

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
lol just a question, but do you think MAYBE you could also do a GUI version if it's possible :p

That way people like me can understand what it is your triggers do :eek:

Not a chance. However, the TEST section of the new test map will be entirely in GUI (with some custom script calls) so that you can see how to use it.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Ahh. I'm trying to decide whether or not to revive this. Nobody seemed to care at all about it, but I want to make it more streamlined and I have some ideas to create a better interface for both users and players.

Tell me your thoughts.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I've not time... well I don't really want to play with it right now, but I've faith in your abilities and I'm sure it will work charmingly in the future when you finish with it's creation. I'll download it this weekend and play with it and give you suggestions on it's improvement. It looks like it would be very useful with RPG's, which may be aidful unto myself in the nearing future.

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Currently, I am thinking of this:

• Durability is to be tossed. In the bounds of wc3, there isn't a good enough interface to deal with this.
  • Encumbrance might also be dropped.
  • Equipment will equip by left clicking it, not by double right clicking and then selecting equip. It will unequip in the same way.
  • Items will be dropped from bags by dragging them onto cancel.
  • The above means that you can't drop items directly out of the bag, but, you can drag them onto the 'nextpage' button to initiate a drop.
  • I want to include an item based shop that allows you to buy things from your inventory. It would also support population, so that other players could put up their items for sale, deciding a gold and lumber cost for them, and then, if a player bought the item, they would receive that much money. Or, they could sell the item instantly for a small reduction in price.
  • Stack screen will probably be improved.

T

Tubba

Doesn't work for me. First it didn't start (No players at all), then I tried using custom forces and stuff, and then it force disabled all scripts...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
This seems extremely useful, especialy for my new 1st person shooter map.
If you maybe could add the following?

W-A-S-D Movement system (Like in Half-Life, Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2 etc., etc.), the W-A-S-D keys could be done with spells which had hotkeys like the letters. And when a user clicked the W-A-S-D, the unit moved.
A system like when you click on 1 you change to another weapon, and 2 to yet another.
1st person camera system, I know this already excist, but it would be nice if you could also see the weapon when you used them ;)
Stacking system, no, not that kind of system, but where, when you maybe lay a rock on a ramp, the ramp goes to the ground, ya know?

This could be nice. I don't know if it is possible, but...

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
All of what you just asked has absolutely nothing to do with this system. What you want is a physics system + RtC (for cursor tracking and keyboard detection).

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
All of what you just asked has absolutely nothing to do with this system. What you want is a physics system + RtC (for cursor tracking and keyboard detection).

Well, I don't know about that, but I just said it would be nice.
Then you may could, after you are done with that, do it seperately.

Also, Tubba, remember to use NewGen

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
I have a sort of concept map somewhere on my computer that does exactly what you asked, but it's incredibly unstable + I don't really feel like releasing it because it has a lot of potential.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I have a sort of concept map somewhere on my computer that does exactly what you asked, but it's incredibly unstable + I don't really feel like releasing it because it has a lot of potential.

What does unstable and potential mean? You know, I'm only a 12 year old Danish boy which got 6th grade english..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.